Hi all, newbie just joined up👍

Kol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just joined up today, after having got back into Airsoft a couple of weeks ago. In my youth I had a few cheap airsoft guns - couple of pistols, a shotgun and an AEG. Never been to a site.

Picked up a few GBB pistols recently and have a cheap second hand AEG on the way. So I can visit my local site and see how I get on.

Based in North Hampshire, so Camp Bravo Eversley has been suggested as a good place to go for a first skirmish. Looking to go at the end of the month.

Glad to be part of the forum, and look forward to learning a lot over the coming months👍

...oh and I already have the TM Hi Capa bug!🫣😂

Cheers🍻

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  If you're a spendy sort don't visit the classifieds!  ;)

Skirmishing is great fun, just go with the attitude that you're there to get shot and call the hits, rather than to reenact the starring role in Extraction, and you'll have a blast.

If it's your actual first time, go along and have a listen when they shout out for the rentals - there will be a basic what-to-do briefing before the main brief, the most important parts of which are never, ever remove your eye protection in the game zone, and always take your mags out (pistols) to and fire until they're clear and put them on safe before entering the safe zone.

Airsofters tend to be super friendly and keen to help, so if you have any questions, or run into problems with your guns, just ask around and folk will be happy to help you out.

45 minutes ago, Kol said:

Based in North Hampshire, so Camp Bravo Eversley has been suggested as a good place to go for a first skirmish. Looking to go at the end of the month.

Welcome :)

There are loads of good sites round our way, Bravo is good, and if you enjoy it you've got Ironsight in Andover, Red Alert in Newbury, Camouflage Airsoft in Alton, and if it's a wet day and you're not afraid of the dark Z-Mart in Newbury.

Thanks lads, appreciate the warm welcome and the advice/info👍

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Welcome :)

There are loads of good sites round our way, Bravo is good, and if you enjoy it you've got Ironsight in Andover, Red Alert in Newbury, Camouflage Airsoft in Alton, and if it's a wet day and you're not afraid of the dark Z-Mart in Newbury.

Nice one @Fatboy40, cheers.

Is that a shot up nipple in your avatar?🫣😂

Edited by Kol

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Skirmishing is great fun, just go with the attitude that you're there to get shot and call the hits, rather than to reenact the starring role in Extraction, and you'll have a blast.

Sounds like sound advice for a newbie bud, cheers. I hope that attitude can change to more of a skilled marksman at some point in the future though🙂

Welcome!

Sounds like you’ve got the bug where it comes to collecting gear.

Unfortunately for your bank account it only gets worse when you start playing games 😂

Can certainly recommend Z-Mart if you fancy a CQB fix, would advise bringing a torch or weapon light! Also makes a great excuse to get a tracer too.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Kol said:

I hope that attitude can change to more of a skilled marksman at some point in the future though🙂

Sniping is fun too, but you're going the right way by playing with an AEG first.  It's worth mentioning that YouTube gameplay, and particularly sniping, tends to be heavily edited to the point of being straight up fantasy.  I mean, you can have great days where nearly everything hits, but in reality, we're slinging tiny bits of spinning plastic in the wind and rain and physics doesn't care how much we've spent. ;) 

I'd recommend trying CQB as well if you can, it's a more intense experience - with shorter walks to respawn!

12 hours ago, Kol said:

Is that a shot up nipple in your avatar?🫣😂

My nose :( (from a bit of a heated fire fight where my nose got hit and my red dot's glass got cracked)

On 02/08/2023 at 18:29, Kol said:

Hi all,

Just joined up today, after having got back into Airsoft a couple of weeks ago. In my youth I had a few cheap airsoft guns - couple of pistols, a shotgun and an AEG. Never been to a site.

Picked up a few GBB pistols recently and have a cheap second hand AEG on the way. So I can visit my local site and see how I get on.

Glad to be part of the forum, and look forward to learning a lot over the coming months👍

...oh and I already have the TM Hi Capa bug!🫣😂

Cheers🍻

Bravo is a good site, some days can be brilliant. Although I'm not a fan of some of the marshalls there. You bette take your hiking boots when you go, you can get lost there on your first couple games. 

On 04/08/2023 at 17:11, Cheeky vimto said:

Bravo is a good site, some days can be brilliant. Although I'm not a fan of some of the marshalls there. You bette take your hiking boots when you go, you can get lost there on your first couple games. 

Thanks @Cheeky vimto, I think I do need to get some sort of appropriate footwear!

On 05/08/2023 at 01:33, Skullchewer said:

If you do make it to Red Alert and see some tosser with loads of tattoos and dreadlocks, feel free to say hi.

Lol mate, will do👍

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at bravo on the 27th, its my 1st time there too. If you see someone dressed in all black-multicam with heals-01 patches on that'll be me 

19 minutes ago, Barny said:

If you see someone dressed in all black-multicam with heals-01

I read that totally different....

20 minutes ago, Barny said:

If you see someone dressed in all black-multicam with heals on that'll be me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.