Battery help

Earpy69

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No such thing as “too much”.

Voltage controls the motor speed, discharge is the actual power the battery is putting out.

In terms of voltage: A battery with too high of voltage can cause overspin or PME, but that G&G is designed for an 11.1v and should run it just fine.

In terms of discharge: there is no such thing as “too much discharge”. A motor will only draw what it needs, unless there’s a short in the circuit. Thus, the battery can be too weak, but not too strong.

I commonly run my loaner AEGs on a 5A 140C 11.1v. 

Taken from the description on patrol base 

Due to the G&G ETU in the MXC-9, the AEG is only compatible with 11.1V LiPo batteries

• Supporters
On 08/07/2023 at 23:06, Leo Greer said:

I commonly run my loaner AEGs on a 5A 140C 11.1v. 

I'm guessing that's an RC pack?

I found my g&g only like 3s packs. I run tattu 1050 3s packs which are 75c if memory serves and max draw of 150c. They are great. Inad them as flight packs originally but they fit edge on inside stock brilliantly. No good if you have to fit in a buffer tube but if your mxc9 has the foot type it might drop in nicely.

I found my g&g only like 3s packs. I run tattu 1050 3s packs which are 75c if memory serves and max draw of 150c. They are great. Inad them as flight packs originally but they fit edge on inside stock brilliantly. No good if you have to fit in a buffer tube but if your mxc9 has the foot type it might drop in nicely. If you want to lower the rate of fire to something less frantic then a change of mosfet to the perun etu++ would  give you that option and is a direct swap for the g&g unit, along with other options.

The vast majority of G&G ETUs do not like anything lower than 11.1v, although the lad had one that ran happily on 7.4v.  As concretesnail suggests, switching the board, which is easily accessible in the stock, to a Perun ETU++ will enable you to run on 7.4v or 9.9v and give you a few funky options such as precocking and a wider selection of fire selector options.

On 10/07/2023 at 07:07, Lozart said:

I'm guessing that's an RC pack?

Yep. Turnigy, to be exact. I saw it on sale for about $35 and thought, why not.

• Supporters
On 10/07/2023 at 18:12, Earpy69 said:

what a worried about the 1450 battery would do damage to internals

No, you're fine. See @Leo Greer's first response. Voltage determines how fast the motor wants to spin, and your gun is designed to run on 11.1V.  Higher C / amps from the battery is always better, the motor will only draw what it needs. You never want the battery to be the limiting factor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.