Vapextech.co.uk

Speedy Sloth

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Placed an order on Tuesday for a 1000mah LiFE and got an order confirmation straight away

But than it's been radio silence and the email to get updates itls a generic example email address.

Has anyone else used them or have I been got?

Emailed chasing an update today but if nothing by Friday going to open a PayPal dispute

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's only been two days, are we really so entitled now?

Have you tried calling them?

It's more the fact the website is 3 years old and according to the order confirmation number they have only done under 4000 orders which seemed out of place for such a large battery supplier.

Also have noticed website has multiple spelling errors on it.

Also the support email is support@example which again is another read flag. And the PayPal address it goes to looked a bit weird.

Wasn't expecting the battery ( that I've got patience for as it comes slowly through the royal mail hopefully) but at least a dispatch email by now as they say they will provide one.

Edited by Speedy Sloth

I ordered from VapexTech not too long ago.  Can't remember how long it took but wasn't too long and it did arrive.

No dispatch email was sent.  Give it a little longer, it should arrive.

As far as I could tell, they're about the best battery retailer for UK just now.  They have the stock at good price and not mental P&P.

Edited by Jamsandwich

Have you checked the junk/spam folder of your e mail? I've had it before where an order confirmation e mail has gone to my inbox but follow up ones have gone to the junk folder

Well battery just arrived.

So super quick delivery they just don't send delivery emails like they state in the confirmation email.

I'm just used to a world were if you state something it has to be done and sometimes think that applies to all industries.

So long story short vapextech are cheap, very quick but just not great at communicating updates they state they will. 

Also checked spam they didn't send any delivery confirmation.

I ordered a battery from them earlier this week, ordered in the morning, and received less than 24 hours later. They were the cheapest around, and reasonable postage too - I'll definitely be using them again .

1 hour ago, Speedy Sloth said:

they just don't send delivery emails like they state in the confirmation email.

That's a common thing and not just in airsoft. I suggest in future phoning the shop in question rather than taking to forums to make threads like this

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's a common thing and not just in airsoft. I suggest in future phoning the shop in question rather than taking to forums to make threads like this

Exactly this - phone or contact them. Plenty places prioritize their sales and working over proof-reading (or sometimes even updating) the website, and for all you know the order numbers could be from a new order-handling system... a bunch of rage and FUD when you've not got something within 2 days is a bit much... moreso when it turns up within 3 hours of your (frankly impatient) post.

4 hours ago, Speedy Sloth said:

I'm just used to a world were if you state something it has to be done and sometimes think that applies to all industries.

Are you... not used to a world where people are infallible, make mistakes, or something things don't happen?

I had an order not be dispatched from a large and well-known supplier for the best part of a week, despite their site saying the process orders daily. Rather than complaining that they hadn't dispatched my order or responded to my initial email, I called them up.

Item was supposed to be in stock, but they'd ran out. It happens. Somehow my order fell through the proverbial cracks, and I hadn't got a response or communication about the stock issue. Again, we're all human, these things happen. Supplier couldn't have been more apologetic, and overnighted a suitable alternative product at no extra charge.

While it was odd that such a well-known place would've somehow "lost" my order like that / been incommunicado, I didn't feel I'd been "got," and certainly didn't feel the need to make a thread questioning how genuine or honest they are -- I simply called them up and got the matter resolved.

A little patience goes a long way, grasshopper 😊 -- and if you take such umbrage with the feeling that they're "not great at communicating updates they state they will" then maybe tell them that, and give them a chance to explain / potentially rectify it in future? :) Plenty places don't actually send out dispatch emails. It's a minor annoyance, but hardly worth raking them over hot coals,

I've bought 7 Lipo's from them recently over 3 seperate purchases with no issues.

Edited by gavinkempsell

Feel like a lot has been taken out of context here, I posted to check the website is legit as so many red flags started to show after I placed the order, not complain I hadn't got received the batteries yet. Thought that was more clear but obviously!that didn't come across.

@TacticalWaifu unfortunately the world where I spend most of my waking hours errors like not sending emails on time or doing something that's been agreed verbally or written are reportable to industry regulators. Whilst I get people are only human I sometimes forgot the ridiculous standards I'm used to having to follow.

If you haven't worked in an environment like that be glad.

Sorry if I got everyone's back riled up because I was concerned about the website being a scam.

Although the fact no one seemed concerned over the other red flags who hadn't used the website before is worrying in some ways. In this case harmless in another case you never know.

Tldr: website is legit, I've annoyed everyone for spotting some potential scam signs.

Will say reason I didn't call is because they aren't going to admit a scam over the phone and with written proof (emails) it makes it easier to raise disputes in the future if needed. Force of habit getting stuff in writing as ensures it never becomes a he said, she said argument.

Edited by Speedy Sloth

• Supporters

Nah, I get it, you're right to ask.  That site does look very... rustic.  Personally I view a phone-call as a last resort these days, since it's an inefficient interrupt-driven way for a business to deal with an issue, and will hold them up from dealing with other customers.

tl;dr version - people who phone businesses probably kick puppies and leave gum stuck to lift buttons.

@Speedy Sloth I've worked in areas where "errors" are a lot more serious than simply "not sending emails on time" and have much greater punishments than "being reportable to industry regulators," but go off. Perhaps since you have it easier, you should "be glad" 🙃

There is no regulation that says a shop must send you a dispatch email, nor is there any "regulator" to report them to, never mind any kind of punishment for failing to send an email, whether through incompetence or human/system error... the idea of holding them accountable for something so trivial is ridiculous.

Nobody is saying they "weren't concerned," simply that they weren't having a knee-jerk reaction and jumping to the worst possible conclusion... spelling mistakes happen frequently, and if your "3 years old" claim is simply based on the meaningless copyright date in the footer, that could easily be created when the template went up, and just be a text string at the time, i.e. not linked dynamically to the current year. No big deal.

Within 48 hours you're writing ragey posts full of assumption and vitriol, and declaring it to likely be a scam because of *checks notes* some website parts not being updated, and not receiving a dispatch email... When it seems apparently they may well have been too busy actually dispatching the item, to keep to your ridiculous standards.

If you think they're not going to admit they're a scam over the phone, and need it in writing, (1) you can record calls, and (2) they're not about to admit they're a scam in writing either, if that was the case 😂 Surely for someone who deals with such "regulation" you would realize that?

If you're that worked-up and can't be bothered to pick up the phone, maybe pause for a moment of reflection before going off half-cocked on forum posts, then having your tail between your legs only a few hours later 😅

Oh, and people who make puerile remarks like @Rogerborg are seemingly just children with no grasp of decency or forum rules 🤷‍♀️

15 hours ago, Speedy Sloth said:

I posted to check the website is legit as so many red flags started to show after I placed the order, not complain I hadn't got received the batteries yet.

But that's exactly what you did.

15 hours ago, Speedy Sloth said:

Will say reason I didn't call is because they aren't going to admit a scam over the phone and with written proof (emails) it makes it easier to raise disputes in the future if needed. Force of habit getting stuff in writing as ensures it never becomes a he said, she said argument.

But a simple phone call is usually all that's needed, if that doesn't work then by all means, take it to to e mails.

Perhaps you can use this as a lesson not to make assumptions and jump to incorrect conclusions in future

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to order some batteries from here, would get as far as confirming my address but then a payment screen would never load. Anyone had a similar problem?

40 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Tried to order some batteries from here, would get as far as confirming my address but then a payment screen would never load. Anyone had a similar problem?

Not had a specific problem with that website. More generic advice would be to try a different web browser or clearing your cookies/cache on your current browser.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.