Should I keep my OD carrier setup or swap to multiglam?

Beorn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks. Looking for some opinions! I'm thinking of swapping my plate carrier setup for a multicam one. I've decided I like the look of multicam with woodland pants, but I'm kind of on the fence. Wondering what other people's opinions are out of curiosity, or if the OD setup actually looks pretty decent? As I say I'm on the fence but tilting towards conversion to the multiglam mob

Pic of me in the kit for reference... cheers!

thumbnail_IMG_3772.jpg

I have a full OD setup, and wouldn’t consider ditching it for (in my case) Vegetato.  There’s something so old school about an OD rig, and it goes perfectly with a jeans/shirt combo for CQB as it does with a bit of camo for woodland.  In my opinion very few can pull off the camo over civvies look (one would be expected to be single-handedly saving a hotel in Nairobi for example).

Equally, you do you mate.  As long as you’re not wearing anything inflammatory then knock yourself out.

2 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

I have a full OD setup, and wouldn’t consider ditching it for (in my case) Vegetato.  There’s something so old school about an OD rig, and it goes perfectly with a jeans/shirt combo for CQB as it does with a bit of camo for woodland.  In my opinion very few can pull off the camo over civvies look (one would be expected to be single-handedly saving a hotel in Nairobi for example).

Equally, you do you mate.  As long as you’re not wearing anything inflammatory then knock yourself out.

Cool, got any pics? I'd be down to see your setup!

I agree it is old school cool, I've never tried wearing it with jeans/shirt now you mention it, will have to give it a try. My main gripe with OD is that it seems to be hard to find bits that go with it, a lot of accessories and stuff these days can only be found in ranger or forest green from my searching which is kind of annoying... part of the reason why multicam appeals I think. You can see from the pic above that my PC is OD but the dangler is a slightly darker/less yellow colour and I know its daft but that just irks me to no end haha

I'd stick with the OD set up, I think it looks pretty good!

In terms of pouches, yes Multicam may be easier to find but if you shop around a bit then most manufacturers offer their kit in OD and/or Ranger Green (RG) at a push as well. 

• Supporters

OD all day long, @Duff Beer & I were teammates & we looked the dogs in our OD setups, even when the team went from wusentarn (I think ?) to Vegetato, 2 very different camos, it still looked great, goes with pretty much anything. 👍

• Supporters
Just now, Skara said:

Fuck multicam.

RG is the way.

(OD too even though it's inferior)

🖕😜

10 hours ago, Tackle said:

OD all day long, @Duff Beer & I were teammates & we looked the dogs in our OD setups, even when the team went from wusentarn (I think ?) to Vegetato, 2 very different camos, it still looked great, goes with pretty much anything. 👍

True story.

We still are mate, none of this ‘were’ business

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

True story.

We still are mate, none of this ‘were’ business

Damn right mate, our weird looking Phoenix will rise again victorious 🤞

680C0C54-2F18-42E2-862A-B755B59FFA52.jpeg.ef2c6071f923cf4e8a1438c094d4d88f.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.