HELP I’m lost on this one

Pollynator_bravo2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening folks

ive gone a splashed some dollar on a classic Army micro mini gun. Yep it’s a nice toy but then it dawned on me…………………..

how on earth do I chrono the dam thing

does anyone know how?

• Supporters

Just load 1 BB lol

57 minutes ago, Pollynator_bravo2 said:

Evening folks

ive gone a splashed some dollar on a classic Army micro mini gun. Yep it’s a nice toy but then it dawned on me…………………..

how on earth do I chrono the dam thing

does anyone know how?

carefully

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Pollynator_bravo2 said:

I guess not the worst suggestion 

It hadn't occurred to me, is it 1 live barrel or all of them ?, if it's just 1 then my suggestion should potentially work, but if it's all of them it'd be like Russian roulette, good luck with that 🤕

It’s also dependant on what chronograph you have access to and it’s capabilities 

If it’s a chamber / tube style that you shoot though then it would be ‘very carefully’

If it’s one that your shoot over then that’s much easier

If you have to hold a button then many hands are required (unless you can tape it down), if it can be switched on and fired over without touching then it can be used with ease

In this video there are what were the 3 common chronos in paintball back in the day:

Big red - professional site chrono …. Turn  it on, shoot over it and it’s tough for bad aim

Little yellow - my first personal chrono.  A bit of a pain as you have to press the button and then reset each shot.  But it did the job 

Grey X radar - my second personal chrono. No need to keep resetting, just hold the button and shoot as much as you like 

A site version was/is also available, which you just turn on and can be mounted on a tripod or stand

But now I’ll use a Virtue Clock, which is point and shoot (it’s possible to chrono someone from a bit of a distance - which may not be the most accurate method but handy for marshalling in game before approaching to make a spot check)

Most chronographs should work just fine for your purposes, as the chrono will register each BB separate from its neighbors unless you have an error...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Most chronographs should work just fine for your purposes, as the chrono will register each BB separate from its neighbors unless you have an error...

Most sites I've attended use the "tube" type chrono, they tend to struggle with anything full auto, even guns with the slowest rof trigger errors.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Ever tried chronoing a tri shot down one? Firing 3 bbs down one can give some interesting results

One hundred billion fps.

The sites I play at tend to be very tolerant of (spring) tri-shots, and full-auto-only guns, on the basis that they've not seen any that are a problem in practice.

Of course, if you're not looking, you won't see.

That just leaves the gas ones. Fortunately more sites are realising that you need to only load 1 bb per shell to get an accurate result

Edited by Cannonfodder

It's certainly more accurate than the 600+fps readings I've had firing 3 bbs at once 

13 hours ago, Tackle said:

Most sites I've attended use the "tube" type chrono, they tend to struggle with anything full auto, even guns with the slowest rof trigger errors.

I see. That seems incredibly annoying. my $50 Xcortech from Amazon handles full-auto anything just fine, so I'd assumed sites would at least have a chrono that functions as well as my plasticky thing from the A.

On the odd occasion I take out mine I connect it to the HPA tank but not the battery. Rotate the barrels by hand to chamber one BB and fire. Rotate to next barrel and shoot. No battery, no spinny spin spin.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.