Best budget EOTECH clone

Gryph

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I'm looking for a decent EOTECH holosight clone to throw on my rifle. Ideally one that won't break the bank?
For bonus points, what's the best protector to put on it? I play CQB and don't want to smash the shit out of it.

Cheers

I started a thread asking the same thing, rocket and I agreed to disagree in the end, and I went ahead with a cheaper option than the Holy Warrior (be aware to that HW make multiple versions including cheap ones that aren't anything special)

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/55477-any-recommendations-for-an-eotech-clone-sight-551553558/

FWIW the cheaper Sotac one I bought still seems fine, but it's not had a good shake on my GBBR or Tippmann HPA yet.

Here's a pic looking through the sight.  The glass isn't too tinted in my opinion

158277007_EXPS3ADSview.thumb.jpg.062adf630f7b769b6c1bfdd2ac840e7b.jpg

Red Dot Engineering make good sight protectors, here's the one I bought

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294301338289

I've just bought a dirt cheap clone from Action Hobbies boneyard, it'll be interesting to 'compare and contrast' with that 😁

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I bought an HW clone a month or so ago

Ive only run it on my ngrs so far, but shall be trying it on my gbbr next weekend

Ive had cheap clones and they are actually alright

The HW is crystal clear, a nice reticle with good adjustment for brightness - sometimes too bright and a distraction on its highest setting

Almost zero Parallax which is a novelty to me , and really paid off last time I played

It also comes with a protector, which sits inside the front of the sight making it almost invisible and without the need for anything else sitting in front on your pic rail.

highly recommend by me (if that counts towards anything) 😂

IMG_7865.thumb.jpeg.f7a7943b13a9413bd1d91ef63bd14910.jpeg

[Controversial Take] I've come to the conclusion over the last few years that red dots are a waste of time and just add weight in CQB. Point'n'shoot down the flat top of the receiver/rail system is much quicker - for me at least. And the speedybois.  [/Controversial Take]

Those Holy Warriors do look lovely though. 

Might not be that controversial tbh, Speedbird

I've not played any CQB yet, but my thinking was to use the T1/2 style sight for that when I get the chance.  Looking around the sight rather than through it, to get the floating red dot, the smaller body of it is surely an advantage over the chunky eotech.

But I can see 'nothing' being an alternative.. though it immediately loses some 'cool points' for the less realistic look of it.  (Realism and its importance being something so subjective as to be hardly worth mentioning)

Unfortunately my cheap T1 is in the process of dying.  £20 (used) was too cheap, and my intended replacement is a used Vortex for £100ish with its excellent Lifetime no quibble warranty.  I did at least get to try out the style of sight though, I can be sure I'll like and use a good 'un.

There's a point where money is wasted, but of course personal budgets are always a factor not to be sniffed at.

Point shooting does work at close range, but once you get over about 10 metres (which does happen at cqb sites) you start missing on your first shot and walking them in. 

That turns times you have the drop on someone into a gun fight etc. 

If you're close enough and have a red dot, point shoot, if your further way and have a red dot, aim. Without the red dot all you can do is guestimate and walk them in. 

For me, red dots are all about increasing the first round hits. 

As for the best one available now? the holy warrior is very good for a clone and knocks all other eotech clones that I have experience with out of the park. I haven't used the sotac one. 

When I started airsoft I bought lots of things thinking, it doesn't matter if it doesn't have x, y or z feature as I'll never use that. I won't do an impression etc. And then later I wanted these features. The nv mode on the holy warrior is good enough. Also the screen protector that comes with it is great. 

17 hours ago, Gryph said:

Hey all,

I'm looking for a decent EOTECH holosight clone to throw on my rifle. Ideally one that won't break the bank?
For bonus points, what's the best protector to put on it? I play CQB and don't want to smash the shit out of it.

Cheers

Holy Warrior is one of the best if not the best eotech replica. It's not budget though.

Extremely chuncky compared to a T1 just make sure you don't mind that extra width and it's gonna cover more from your vision when you look through it. After having it for months I still can't decide if I like it or not. 🙃

But it looks very cool.

Edited by Krisz

Picked up my cheap-ass Eotech clone from Action Hobbies boneyard.   I have to say, for £8 it is surprisingly 'not shit'  😁  It must be very bargain-basement, there are no trades or stickers or manufacturer's marks on it, and yet the reticle is as bright as my Sotac, well focused, looks alright even when viewed off-centre.  Usual amount of parallax at very short range, but fine at 15m.  
The only thing is the glass is noticeably more tinted than the Sotac, and the overall build quality is merely 'ok'.

I wouldn't trust it to hold zero, but at the stupidly low price I really don't care  I might stick it on something with recoil to see how long it'll survive, just as an experiment, but it looks tidy enough I might just put it on a backup gun and forget about it 

To be honestly I'm not 100% dead set on getting a Eotech style sight. It's a tossup between a T1/2 and an Eotech. 
I've not got much experience with sights to be honest, I've been using irons since I started, but think it's time to upgrade (rule of cool and all that). Are the T1/2 clones generally better quality?

I don't know about the T1/2 clones, but if you can spend £120 on a sight, then that would get you a used Vortex real-steel quality T1/2 style sight with a lifetime warranty that means any one that owns it can send it back for repair or replacement even if the damage is accidental (I.e. the glass getting shot out by a bb, or dropped).  No receipt or proof of purchase required.

To me that's more appealing than spending £120 on a new clone with no similar warranty.   An Eotech style sight is more intricate, there's more for your money in terms of what it looks like and the features it has, but that's the trade-off.  If you're not sold on the Eotech style, then the Vortex might well be the best bet.

IMHO 😋

What is your budget, btw?  Is £100+ a stretch?  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

8 hours ago, Gryph said:

To be honestly I'm not 100% dead set on getting a Eotech style sight. It's a tossup between a T1/2 and an Eotech. 
I've not got much experience with sights to be honest, I've been using irons since I started, but think it's time to upgrade (rule of cool and all that). Are the T1/2 clones generally better quality?

My best T1 clone was an Aim-O so far and it costs about 60 pounds. But a basic Feyachi for less does the same job. A red dot is a 100 times better than iron sight on any given gun except pistols in my humble opinion. It easier to aquire the target altough lot of people aim by tracer and correct it if it has to be. And yes I tried to use iron sights out of curiosity before but didn't like it and wouldn't go back after using optics.

Personally I think it's silly to spend a fortune on optics because a.) you don't need holding zero, recoil impulse simply non-existent compared to a real steel and b.) your effective range on an airsoft gun. Snipers may beg to differ because eye relief and other additional features on a scope.

I bought my HolyWarrior second hand from here there is no way I'm gonna spend 120 pounds on a brand new one. 🤭

Edited by Krisz

14 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

What is your budget, btw?  Is £100+ a stretch?  

Yeah £100+ is a bit rich for my blood. My budget is around the 60 or so quid mark. 

I'm not massively fussed with something holding a spot on zero, I just want something that'll make target acquisition a bit easier.

With that being said I am known to make poor financial decisons.

Edited by Gryph

4 hours ago, Gryph said:

Yeah £100+ is a bit rich for my blood. My budget is around the 60 or so quid mark. 

I'm not massively fussed with something holding a spot on zero, I just want something that'll make target acquisition a bit easier.

With that being said I am known to make poor financial decisons.

Just get a Feyachi from Amazon and a lens protector from ebay (red dot engineering) and you're good to go for now. Later on you can still spend hundreds of pounds on a Vortex/Holosun/SIG etc. 🙃

Yeah I think a T1/T2 style is probably going to be a better idea. Holo repros seem to be pretty ass unless you get a high end one.
Cheers for all the answers.

If you like the holo style but are wanting to heed the advice given above, how about the leupold sights?

They make one that looks a bit like a holo but it's a red dot. I've got one on my scar and it's brilliant.

You can get these for 30-40 on ali express.

Screenshot_20230520_205646_Chrome.jpg

Edited by THE FNG
Spelling

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

£80 .... 

Damn. If it's still up when I get paid I may have to cop it. 
If not it's no biggie

• Supporters

The HWO T-1s and 2s I've got are pretty spot on overall, look right, clear lenses, overall decent build standard and cheaper than their good EoTechs.  I've got one on a TM EBB and it's not shaken any connections loose so far on that specific example at least (which is a problem I saw a long time ago on the cheaper T series china clones).

I've tried a few different EoTech clones over the years and for whatever reason the chinese factories just don't seem to be able to pump them out to a good standard in the same way they can with Aimpoint micro copies.  The format is just harder to replicate it seems, I suppose it's just a bigger object overall with more going on vs a T-1.  More wires, longer connections, bigger windows etc, so to make one that's not blue tinted or with a terrible reticule or electronic functional problems costs more money.  I love the look and the big window for up close so personally if I do put one on a gun I'll just bite the bullet on the more expensive copy (maybe a used real one some day), but most of my shooters have ACOGs when I want magnification or T series red dots.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.