Shooting glasses for slimmer face

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After a pair of safety rated shooting glasses for airsoft use.

I tried a pair of Bloc Lynx and found that they sat very high on my nose but more worryingly there was a BIG gap at the side / side of the cheek.

Does anyone with a narrow face have any recommendations? Preferably available with interchangeable lenses.

I had a pair of bloc glasses, have you tried stretching the nose bridge so it sits lower on your nose?

Narrow face, you say....?

Screenshot_20230515-220800.png.25bf0bd3f56b747f4ae948d05113814c.png

You made me hide behind the sofa, so many times!

And... You have no ears, glasses won't work, better get goggles

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Not sure if I class as having a narrow head, but I have used these for a while and they are a snug fit with excellent antifog.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353954229136

Lenses are not interchangeable, but they do different types.

They're only rated to 0.86 J. Not sure I'd be recommending them for airsoft.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

They're only rated to 0.86 J. Not sure I'd be recommending them for airsoft.

Agreed. 0.86J is roughly 305fps with a .2g bb so definitely not safe for airsoft

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up trying some Bolle Cobra glasses - almost 2 hours grading in the heat and no fogging and close fit all round my face. Ended up with a great, yellow and HD clear pair along with storage bags and anti-fog cloth for less than the Blocs.

Rated to 0.86g at 120m/s = over 6J so should be fine for airsoft 😆

Not as tacticool but I'll survive :)

Edited by SSPKali
Autocorrected Bolle

Do you mean Bolle cobra glasses?

Hope I'm not being too forward but you say you had no fogging issues but how much do you sweat? 🤔

Regards 

4 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I ended up trying some Belle Cobra glasses - almost 2 hours grading in the heat and no fogging and close fit all round my face. Ended up with a great, yellow and HD clear pair along with storage bags and anti-fog cloth for less than the Blocs.

Rated to 0.86g at 120m/s = over 6J so should be fine for airsoft 😆

Not as tacticool but I'll survive :)

Have you a linky?  I had a set of Bolle and the anti fog lasted less than a morning. 

Dan, if we're both at spec ops next week I'll lend you my old pair of Ess goggles.  I didn't fog up at all yesterday in spite of getting hot and sweaty.  See how you get on with them 

I know someone else has said they wouldn't use them because of the gaps at the ventilation holes, but looking at people wearing glasses yesterday I was struck by how poorly many of them fit to the face, so it seems an odd thing to worry about on my goggles.  (The holes aren't big enough to let a BB through)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

20 hours ago, Shamal said:

Do you mean Bolle cobra glasses?

Hope I'm not being too forward but you say you had no fogging issues but how much do you sweat? 🤔

Regards 

Yes the Cobra glasses, and I am not that sweaty so maybe I am lucky?

Link for site I got them from:

https://www.alive-sr.co.uk/products/bolle-cobra-cobpsi-clear-lens

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Dan, if we're both at spec ops next week I'll lend you my old pair of Ess goggles.  I didn't fog up at all yesterday in spite of getting hot and sweaty.  See how you get on with them 

I know someone else has said they wouldn't use them because of the gaps at the ventilation holes, but looking at people wearing glasses yesterday I was struck by how poorly many of them fit to the face, so it seems an odd thing to worry about on my goggles.  (The holes aren't big enough to let a BB through)

We'll be there. 👍

Possibly with a new acquisition (fuck me she isn't even off the plane yet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣). 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.