Double Eagle M918G (AK / AR mashup)

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's an all-polymer new release from DE... rather tickles my particulars...

For a start I've already got an AK with a couple of mags... and I've got too many M4 variants already - but I'll always be happy to have another DE

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

32 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

For a start I've already got an AK with a couple of mags... and I've got too many M4 variants already - but I'll always be happy to have another DE

I am not sure whether to admire it or find a convenient road roller to drive over it.  I guess it might be possible to do both.

3 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I am not sure whether to admire it or find a convenient road roller to drive over it.  I guess it might be possible to do both.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the AK / AR mashups in the past, I suspect my positive attitude to this one is because it's almost all AR plus the AK mag (... and that's about it), and because it's Double Eagle and I've become a fanboi  😋

22 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the AK / AR mashups in the past, I suspect my positive attitude to this one is because it's almost all AR plus the AK mag (... and that's about it), and because it's Double Eagle and I've become a fanboi  😋

I run a Hurricane SR47, but I don't like the look of this thing.  However, I do rather fancy a Double Eagle.

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If you go like this, you're gonna able to open your own airsoft shop. 😎

Edited by Krisz

38 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Hey, those Double Eagle commission cheques don't write themselves, y'know?  :D

You wish. :D

That M918G looks very sexy. And it's quite unique. How often you see people to run mutants?

Am I missing something or is this quite literally the exact same Double Eagle SR-47 that was available to purchase last year? The only genuine difference between this "new" release and the previous one is a shorter handguard and not having a Magpul MOE style stock.

58 minutes ago, Stevobeavo said:

It's just a M4 with a bigger more awkward magazine. 

That's good enough for me!

Awkward magazines that still fit in my mag pouches  (unlike smg mags)

On 10/03/2023 at 19:35, Stevobeavo said:

It's just a M4 with a bigger more awkward magazine. 

Speaking truths.

Now and AK lower/upper +stock with a fancy pants ar style rails.....

Nah

Is it supposed to be the CMMG MK47? If I were going to get something that used the bigger 7.62 style mags, i'd get an AKM or similar rather than another M4 styled rifle. It's unique and looks nice but not for me.

Edited by MrTea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.