Lack of Green

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Perhaps my favourite GBBP is my TM FN-57. However I was just reminded that they used to make a foliage green (lower) version. Similarly Guarder discontinued their OD green Glock 17 Gen.3 lowers and didn't even bother to release it in that colour for the Gen.4 

Considering the number of woodland players in this hobby, it baffles me how infrequently green isn't an option when black and tan, grey and even pink are! Take the CZ Scorpion Evo, they went to the effort of coming out with limited edition FDE and Grey....but yeah, you get it....no green!

All of these mentioned are available in OD/Ranger/Foliage in the real steel world, so why not airsoft RIF's?

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Perhaps my favourite GBBP is my TM FN-57. However I was just reminded that they used to make a foliage green (lower) version. Similarly Guarder discontinued their OD green Glock 17 Gen.3 lowers and didn't even bother to release it in that colour for the Gen.4 

Considering the number of woodland players in this hobby, it baffles me how infrequently green isn't an option when black and tan, grey and even pink are! Take the CZ Scorpion Evo, they went to the effort of coming out with limited edition FDE and Grey....but yeah, you get it....no green!

All of these mentioned are available in OD/Ranger/Foliage in the real steel world, so why not airsoft RIF's?

Best guess is they're consistently the worst selling versus black and fde options. When needing to hit minimum order quantities to make the production of an item viable in terms of profit margins it makes sense that they'd omit the ones that struggle to sell through.

TLDR - It's probably boring business/production reasons.

Yeah, I'm sure it makes sense on someone's excel sheet!

Plus not like Marui actually give a shit what we want, haha.

Part of the reason when I finally do up my MWS with real-steel parts, I'm going for OD parts.

That said, the TM m14 still comes in OD... but that's about all I can think of (at least in my collection). I also have an OD KJW m700, but pretty sure they're out of production.

Edited by Impulse

• Supporters

Cyma still do od m14's, used to be Aug A1's in od too, tm I think, but dunno if still made, I'm on the look out for one 🤞

Halfords camo paint comes in green and is only 7 or 8 quid a tin

I'd guess the reason few guns come in green is because all the cool kids like squeal team 6 use either black or tan guns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.