Best mp5 currently available

Schnitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all 

Desperately after a nice mp5, preferably mp5a5 and I was wondering what you guys recommend? know the cyma platinum line have some pretty good reputation but I can't get over the stock or handguard. It's the classic mp5a5 style that I'm after. 

Does anyone have any experience with the ics CES p? 

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Best mp5 currently available is the TM one…😬

TM 'Old Skool Plastic' or NGRS? Are TM NGRS magazines even available on our shores at the moment?

Personally, I would go ICS purely because a) With exception to TM, they have been producing MP5s longer than any other manufacturer in airsoft, B) spare parts are doddle to get from Fire-Support. C) The CES-P has a stamped steel receiver D) it has the SSS V2 electronics (hair trigger) and finally D) it's £200 cheaper than the TM NGRS.

I've seen so many cosmetically broken Cymas (Mag releases, cocking handles and stock arms) now, that I would never bother with them.

Something aint right with that Cyma one in the classifieds - The plastics have been resprayed at some point. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

21 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

TM 'Old Skool Plastic' or NGRS? Are TM NGRS magazines even available on our shores at the moment?

Personally, I would go ICS purely because a) With exception to TM, they have been producing MP5s longer than any other manufacturer in airsoft, B) spare parts are doddle to get from Fire-Support. C) The CES-P has a stamped steel receiver D) it has the SSS V2 electronics (hair trigger) and finally D) it's £200 cheaper than the TM NGRS.

I've seen so many cosmetically broken Cymas (Mag releases, cocking handles and stock arms) now, that I would never bother with them.

Something aint right with that Cyma one in the classifieds - The plastics have been resprayed at some point. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Not a fan of the lever controlled hop units which most of the TM copes have. Trying to remember which ones have rotary hops. Might be classic army

There is no such thing as 'best MP5'.

G&G and VFC made 1:1 replicas so real steel attachments should fit with 0 issue (magpul sl handguard is a notorious one regarding being too tight or not fitting at all because different dimension of XY replica).

ICS makes some nice guns with aluminium upper receiver and some model can shoot burst which is nice altough indoor it's just a gimmick you can't use it anyway. 14mm thread is non existent on those guns so putting a tracer on it is either a pain in the ass or nearly impossible because those 3 lug thingies.

You can buy pot metal cyma which is heavier than anything else. Weight wise probably the closest one to the real steel or could be even heavier.

Classic Army has different lower receiver models.

Marui made a NGRS which is extremely expensive, and spare magazines are non-existent for some reason. End of the day it's still an EBB altough I bet it's fun to shoot because you have to reload like the real one and it's responsive regarding not shooting on empty and and bolt cover/ejection port locks back on an empty mag.

Old Marui models are quite pricey but they are light at least.

Internally I don't think you are gonna find huge differences. (V2 gearbox basic gears, basic motor etc.)

GBB has it's own pros and cons I'm not gonna get into that I wrote a novel already. :D

Edited by Krisz

I know there's very little likelyhood of me acquiring a TM ngrs ATM as there seems to be another TM drought atm. So the CES p is looking favourable at the moment. So long as it is sturdy and reliable (as Airsoft guns go) then I'm happy. 

47 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

*Ahem*....

image.png.f22e9f0f3c8efa7cd2276c8a479eb2c7.png

Is it compatible with older ICS models? Namely MX5 or whatever it called.

Edited by Krisz

I personally would never go with the TM NGRS because I like to tweak my gats. The NGRS is great if you want to use it for CQB, never use it in heavy rain and do absolutely nothing to it (even more so than the regular "never 'upgrade' your TM guns"). My friend has one and the MOSFET is buggered with no apparent replacement, as he took it to AI500 a year or so ago, the first one at the Citadel in Dover where the heavens absolutely opened up and they had to stop early because roof tiles started falling from the structures, and the rain destroyed the MOSFET. Also, it uses AEP rubbers which aren't as good as what you can get in regular AEG rubbers. Double also, our local airsoft tech had a look at it for him and says he's never working on one because apparently the gearbox has fiddly magnets everywhere and it's just not worth it for him. He's probably just going to send it to Eagle6 to get it sorted as they're probably his best chance.

Obviously everyone's mileage may vary, but the most direct experience I have of someone having one has not been great. The NGRS mp5 is lovely to hold and use (that HK slap on reloads 🥰) and will hit 45 - 50m out of the box, which is fine but you won't squeeze much more out of it. I was super tempted to get one for CQB, but I'll stick with my gas mp9 and future gas mp7 unless I move somewhere that does CQB outdoors in Oslo or something where temperatures get very low :P

Personally, I'd go with a Cyma because I'm a horrible Cyma shill these days. I have a Cyma mp5k and it's a wonderful little gat; I have had absolutely zero issues with mine outside of the rear sling loop being a bit crap if you want to run a one-point sling on it. Part of the receiver has snapped so without the butt plate on it comes apart and there's a little wobble in it when it's all together, but that's expected as it fell on concrete while I was running and discovering that a one-point sling on that crappy sling loop was a bad thing. Still works flawlessly though! I changed out the hop rubber and nub for my usual Maple Leaf setup and it's amazing; no gearbox mods needed and it's hitting out to 60m fairly consistently (not accurately, but a quick burst of full auto will hit the target at least once). I recommended a Cyma mp5 to a friend at my local site and he loves it too and he's using it for woodland, not CQB, though the stock MOSFET in his died but he got it replaced for free with Patrol Base (it's a platinum version).

41 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Is it compatible with older ICS models? Namely MX5 or whatever it called.

Well, as the front sight (where it attaches to) is the same part number between the older MX5 and the newer CES-P, I would say yes - it should be compatible.

image.png.f98989b83e2088911d8f048c7f1f3d56.pngimage.png.edc957856bd978cfc15e17c91dcf7167.png

The other option is the SRC Mp5 (The more expensive one) These have true stamped steel receivers. Basic internals. But ripe for upgrading. I think it's a more accurate copy of the real thing then the ICS version. They also have the SD flavours. 

I wouldn't mind the ICS CES-P if it was the MP5SD5 version. 

Edited by Asomodai

4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The other option is the SRC Mp5 (The more expensive one) These have true stamped steel receivers. Basic internals. But ripe for upgrading. I think it's a more accurate copy of the real thing then the ICS version. They also have the SD flavours. 

I wouldn't mind the ICS CES-P if it was the MP5SD5 version. 

With the SRC it is best to replace the gearbox and it’s contents and the awful hop unit; with a bit of surgery, the much better CYMA hop fits and works very well.

Allegedly, the receivers are made on presses originally used to produce MP5s in India.

Ended up with a cyma platinum and whilst it's not a mp5a5 by any means, I am extremely happy with it. I got it from the site I marshal at and with my discount it was a steal. Ran beautifully all day today on a 7.4, and the semi response was snappy and healthy. Time will tell, but so far I'm very pleased 😀

IMG_20230204_144221.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.