Puffed lipo.

Shamal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

So yesterday I got my gun ready for Sundays game. Chrono,barrel clean,fresh batts in weapon light and new holo batt.

This morning I discovered that I had left the lipo connected overnight( it's an 11.1 2000mah)and it's puffed up worse than a pufferfish on baked beans!

The battery is pretty much new☹️

Could this be a direct result of leaving it connected? Or just one of those things?

Regards 

Depends, was it connected to a smart charger with an auto cutoff? The gun itself? A dumb charger? 

25 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Depends, was it connected to a smart charger with an auto cutoff? The gun itself? A dumb charger? 

Yeah I left the lipo connected in the gun overnight. First time I've ever done that.

For charging I use an IMAX b6 genuine.

I'm a dumb charger! Lol.

Regards 

Edited by Shamal

What brand Packs?

I've had HobbyKing Turnigys do this randomly despite taking good care of the packs (storage and balance charging with a high-end charger). Was your gun stored indoors (i.e. room temperature) or in an outbuilding/shed where it's colder?

I would drop the pack into a bucket of salt water for a few days then bin it - I don't think the B6 has LiPo destroy function (although I would argue that B6's have a secret, randomly initiated, self-destruct function...😜)

Yes indoors.

It's a Hongjie. Not the best I will agree lol. I purchased two at same time and the other is fine.

Yes I will put it in a salt bath down t'garden.

Thanks.

IMG20230113115703.jpg

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Yeah I left the lipo connected in the gun overnight. First time I've ever done that.

For charging I use an IMAX b6 genuine.

I'm a dumb charger! Lol.

Regards 

Does the rifle has a mosfet? Some of them can drain batteries quite easily when not in use. 

22 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Does the rifle has a mosfet? Some of them can drain batteries quite easily when not in use. 

I don't think so. It's an amoeba 013. It does have efcs and can be programmed for three round burst.Might be similar? 

• Supporters

I don't think so. It's an amoeba 013. It does have efcs and can be programmed for three round burst.Might be similar? 

Same same. If it has electronics in then it'll have a standby drain that can knacker a battery.

5 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Same same. If it has electronics in then it'll have a standby drain that can knacker a battery.

Yup, my DE M906 with the Falcon ECU managed to kill a Titan Li-Ion battery when I left it in the gun for a couple of days, in spite of the fact the Titan was supposed to be immune to being run down to an un-recoverable empty state AND the Falcon unit was supposed to protect against clearing out the battery.  The small trickle of voltage required to do the monitoring must have been enough to knacker it.

The Area EFCS is a beefy looking mosfet with decent components, poorly designed and made. I am not surprised it drained the battery!

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

The Area EFCS is a beefy looking mosfet with decent components, poorly designed and made. I am not surprised it drained the battery!

Poorly designed and made?  That is a massive understatement!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.