Lonestar Spec-Ops Sierra Mask anyone used one?

Hunka1988

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

Been looking at the delta Mike face pro and the lonestar version both the original versions leave your nose exposed. I've just seen lonestar have released a SPEC-OPS SIERRA MASK which has a nose cover. My concern is on the mannequin head it looks like it may for awkwardly with goggles, conscious that may just be the mannequin shape causing that. Anyone actually used it? How does it fit with goggles?

Original style

https://www.lonestarb2b.co.uk/product/6512014/spec-ops-bravo-mask-ls-hi-brid-multicam

New style mask

https://www.lonestarb2b.co.uk/product/6886797/new-spec-ops-sierra-mask-ls-black-v1

Cheers,

Ash

• Jedi_Master changed the title to Lonestar Spec-Ops Sierra Mask anyone used one?
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Hunka1988 said:

Hello everyone,

Been looking at the delta Mike face pro and the lonestar version both the original versions leave your nose exposed. I've just seen lonestar have released a SPEC-OPS SIERRA MASK which has a nose cover. My concern is on the mannequin head it looks like it may for awkwardly with goggles, conscious that may just be the mannequin shape causing that. Anyone actually used it? How does it fit with goggles?

Original style

https://www.lonestarb2b.co.uk/product/6512014/spec-ops-bravo-mask-ls-hi-brid-multicam

New style mask

https://www.lonestarb2b.co.uk/product/6886797/new-spec-ops-sierra-mask-ls-black-v1

Cheers,

Ash

I've not used one but I'm intrigued by the new style one. To address your point though:

We know that not everyone has the same face and nose shape, because of this, we have designed a fully malleable mouth guard designed to be moulded to the end users face.

Each mask comes flat but with a small amount of effort can be moulded to fit, we found this best as it allows full customisation for each user. 

So you should be able to make it fit around your goggles. That said the mannequin does make it look like it's designed for a more "full seal" type goggle.

Looks like a good product, I'd quite like to pick one up for an upcoming game. Will you be releasing any in DPM/Woodland camo, and do you have any active discount codes? @Lonestar Tactical Gear

Just ordered the Multicam V1 mask. Will report back when it arrives with that I think. 

I've been meaning to buy face pro like this for awhile now but was always wondered about the lack of nose protection on most other similar designs. 

First Reply to Skulchewer, we do have a Spec-Ops Sierra Mask in Multicam Black currently available 👍👍

Second Response to Zigey, woodland or DPM, yes is the answer, we braught out the Multicam Hi-Bred as an interim mask, which was a bridge between Multicam and DPM, so its Multicam Pattern but with DPM colours. We do have a DPM due in about four weeks, as it has been a very popular request. As for active discount codes, im afraid the answer is no, lol, we supply to site retailers, as well as airsoft shops, so we are not able to offer a discount, due to that undercutting our retail contract. 

General Response. 

If any of you have any questions, please do ask, i will always do my best to answer them, thanks again, all the best Eddie LSTG

My mask as arrived. I got the sierra variant. 

My thoughts so far, only having tried it on in the house. Its well made, no loose threads on mine and all the stitching is immaculate. The mouth guard is well sized and covers all the vital bits.

The only criticism I have and it is a minor one, is that I wish they put a bit a curved profile into the sierra mask along the horizontal plane (red line, see image) of the mask. I've attempted to illustrate what I mean in the image below. In that mast you can see there is a curve to the mask which lets the mesh sit closer to the nose along the top.

With the sierra mask as it is, what you get is the the mesh being straight up (orange line). Its not as bad as in the image I've shown but it still protrudes outwards a bit. This leaves a bit of room on the sides where a bb could hit your hose, even with the mask bent into shape. Its not a large gap and you'd be fairly unlucky if a bb managed find that spot but its definitely possible. Not a major issue as your nostrils are well covered so it'd be a case of a strike to the fleshy part of your nose, it'll sting but nothing more I suspect. 

It would also add to the comfort a bit, as if you try to shape the mask to cover the nose the mesh will start to touch and rub against the tip of your nose. Because the mesh is attached to the fabric, adding in a curve after will strain the fabric which just makes adding in the curve yourself that bit harder.

In addition to the added safety and comfort, it'd just look more gucci to have the mesh sit more flush to your face around the top of the nose when worn.

Overall, I'd give the mask a solid 8/10.  It well made, comfortable and provides good protection. With the above changes it'd be 10/10.

Face mask curve.png

Edited by Encore

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I know this topic is fairly old but I’ve been looking at these so not starting a new one

has they been any updates/ improvements in the last year??

how is the side of the face protected, is it thick material similar to the other face pro out there

Edited by djben9
Couldn’t spell and was on phone….

23 hours ago, djben9 said:

I know this topic is fairly old but I’ve been looking at these so not starting a new one

has they been any updates/ improvements in the last year??

how is the side of the face protected, is it think material similar to the other face pro out there

A friend got one earlier this year and he isn't a fan of the sierra mask. It directs air upwards and doesn't really stay on his face at all. Though myself and another friend both have the bravo mask and those are really good, they just leave your nose exposed. 

The side of the face has basically no protection, just whatever material thickness you pick. So same as the rest of you would get from a t-shirt. 

• Moderators

Excellent, thanks for the reply, might stick with what we have for now and see if I can mix it up with what I have…., rather not go to work with marks on my face 😂😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.