Newbie - Gun Recommendations?

SilverCloud

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Newbie here and just started to get into the sport, really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one, I have been using site rentals for the moment as want to reserve some cash from buying a two tone so that when I get my UKARA membership I have the ability to buy a decent RIF. Budget of around £200-300 so will certainly be able to get some decent options to consider. 

I am pretty pinned on an M4 AEG with a 20mm Rail for attachments, but with some many brands out there it's hard to know where to begin and what others may recommend. Looking more for a Tan/Dark Earth based colour scheme and metal construction for the look and feel.  

I have seen a nice looking ARES AEG but seen some comments to sway away from ARES... Ares/EMG AEG Sharps Bros Licensed M4 "Hellbreaker-M" with EFCS (Dark Earth) - Zero One Airsoft 

Will also be looking to add some form of Holo Sight on there as well, so recommendations on that would be great also!

Feel free to share your loadouts as it will help to understand who is using what. 

Edited by SilverCloud

Hi!  You can find a load out thread with hundreds of pics in the gear section. 

There are also several threads on good starter rifs.  Double Eagles new range get a lot of recommendations, as do G&G for M4 platforms.   

I wouldn't be too focused on a metal body, pot metal is not necessarily stronger or weightier than decent polymer.  

If you say what kind of site you play at,  it might help with suggestions. 

Hi!  You can find a load out thread with hundreds of pics in the gear section. 

There are also several threads on good starter rifs.  Double Eagles new range get a lot of recommendations, as do G&G for M4 platforms.   

I wouldn't be too focused on a metal body, pot metal is not necessarily stronger or weightier than decent polymer.  

If you say what kind of site you play at,  it might help with suggestions. 

I agree with what @Tactical Pith Helmet said (twice)  :)

The Double Eagles don't come in tan, but don't be afraid to pop down to Halfords and buy their khaki matte camo paint - it's really easy to paint a gun, and the Halfords stuff leaves a nice finish

Hi @SilverCloudand welcome to the forum 👍

don't write ares off completely.

I've had the 013 amoeba for years with no probs and its a great performer.

Specna arms are a good choice. Especially the edge series with gate xsr MOSFET.

Ground zero is a huge site. Have been playing the nae in Ringwood for quite a few years now. Also you have camouflage near hurn airport.

Check out @GAMBLEhe has a tube channel which is fun and informative. Worth a watch to help you get the most out of your new hobby.🙂

have fun,enjoy and cyh (call your hits).😉

regards

Specna Arms SA-E07 Edge. Just bought one for 250 euros (I now live in Germany)  and played with it for the first time at the weekend, as the last reply said, it comes with a mosfet so that's great and its just a consistent reliable gun. 

I'm in the process of changing the exterior but il post photos as i go! 

couldn't recommend Specna Arms enough!

Hi @SilverCloud 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting into it. 🤞

Have a channel if interested, up to you? 🤔

Thanks @Shamal for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Shamal said:

Specna arms are a good choice. Especially the edge series with gate xsr MOSFET.

I'd respectfully disagree. The Orion gearboxes are notoriously weak, the XASR does nothing except offer contact protection and spit its dummy if you put a meatier motor in, and they are fussy about mags.

My Edge SA-E02 has been fine, but I've been lucky.  If I were buying an M4 now in that price range, I'd be looking the Double Eagles M9xx Fire Control System guns.

46 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

My Edge SA-E02 has been fine, but I've been lucky. 

That's two of us that have been lucky then cause my sa e02 has been fine as well. 😉

Regards

@SilverCloud If it has to be tan in colour then personally I'd take this over the Ares you've listed...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17878

... flip the options to Tan, get rid of the two tone, and it's only £170 👍

As others have said as well don't get hung up on it being metal, which over time will get scratched, and at the end of a day at Ground Zero (which can be continuous if you don't have a lunch) your arms will glad for the substantially lighter weight you're carrying (even with a sling).

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Shamal said:

That's two of us that have been lucky then cause my sa e02 has been fine as well. 😉

Go on, say it, say "What could possibly go wrong?" :P 

45 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Go on, say it, say "What could possibly go wrong?" :P 

🤞Touch wood salt over shoulder rabbit's foot tip your hat to Mr magpie. All these things are sure to keep her going lol.

Regards

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.