Airsoft buddy

Bbbandit1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

We all shout "Hit!" alone.  I'd recommend that you lone wolf it and see if you actually enjoy airsoft before getting invested in the whole team Omega Seal Delta Recon Force experience.

Completely agree we all do say hit on our own but I’ve been going for about a year on my own tagging along with random people but now would like to join a team in a way for the hype and team plays 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Bbbandit1 said:

Completely agree we all do say hit on our own but I’ve been going for about a year on my own tagging along with random people but now would like to join a team in a way for the hype and team plays 

Problems that rushing in seeking a team often have is that, should you not "gel" with your team mates, for any number of reasons ?, & your team regularly frequents your local/home site, it can make things awkward. 

The fact that you've been playing a while, I assume at only one or two reasonably local sites tells me you've not got involved or felt "attracted😘" to teams there ?, so maybe a change of venue for a while, such as Invicta, will present opportunities to meet like minded people. 

Just remember teams are like friendships, those forced together rarely have the kinship/shitz & giggles that those that take the time to evolve have👍

• Supporters

As Groucho Marx said “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member !”

same goes for airsoft teams , if you can join a team who recruit by simply you asking to join OR they put out a general request for new members ? Don’t do it , only teams I’ve seen over the yrs that work AND last are ones formed by friends or ones where they approach you and ask would you like to join their team . 
also if you see a ‘structured’ team(ones that have dedicated positions/ranks/etc) run away , fast ! 
on the whole you usually find they’ve been founded by some nut job who thinks he knows it all as he was an adult instructor in the army cadets so he knows his military skills ! and it’ll more than likely be about as much fun as a kick in the bollox .

If you fancy a particular era/game, then check out Facebook.  I  play with a very loosely organised 'team' in themed games.  We just turn up and play, and over time you gel with certain other regular players. 

Cold War themed games are a great way to start.  Gunman and Octo8  are probably the easiest to start with.   Both have fb pages.

Sierra Bravo do some great themed games in Kent.  

Edited by Tactical Pith Helmet

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

on the whole you usually find they’ve been founded by some nut job who thinks he knows it all as he was an adult instructor in the army cadets so he knows his military skills ! 

Aka 😳

article-2165994-13D3EBDF000005DC-739_634x647.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.