Misfeeding on m4 please help

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm having an issue with my specna arms sa-07 edge where with certain mags namely all my high cap and my lonex 200 round mid caps I'm getting misfeeds blank shots and bb's just rolling out of the mag.

I've got a game tomorrow so I am desperate to solve this issue asap

Is it particular mags that cause a problem ... i.e. P-Mags versus metal ones?   The top of p-mag feed areas can be different (more plastic) and stop the mag interfacing properly.

Have you tried firing with pressure applied from different angles?  ... so start with pushing up from the bottom of the mag, then tilting backwards and forwards (and even in combination) to see if there's a 'magic position' which allows good feeding.

If you're lucky (it's forwards or backwards) then you'll be able to use something to pack the mag well... I've used Velcro Spots as a good packing thing (to stop stock wobbles etc), but layers of tape could do the same thing.   You might lose your tactical reload drop-free-release but that can be a price worth paying.

If it's the mag not sitting up high enough then you're looking at doing something to the mag catch.  I've got a problem on my F2000 with (luckily only) one mag - I'm stumped on fixing that though!

• Supporters

what ammo?

typically for midcaps i'd expect feed issues especially with such large capacity to be a factor of either too much tension from a fully loaded mag, or too little from friction in the bb stack.

however this typically shouldn't be the case with hicaps as they're practically single stack from the paddle wheel on.

is this with the hop unit set (at least approximately), having the hop unit too far off or on can give those kinds of symptoms.

26 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

Another thread? 

Yeah unfortunately, doesn't matter now though just took my gun in the garden to test the mag movement and this happened.

I think maybe the feeding issues have been a precursor to this.

About ready to give up

20220211_141605.thumb.jpg.0afd6d32cf2be781740016f75da9c960.jpg20220211_143053.thumb.jpg.bcd07db5ff05172a20a502347867f1f0.jpg

11 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeeeouch

Was it stock?

Seems like Specnas definitely aren't as good as they used to be

I had upgraded the gears to 13:1 and installed a perun v2 but that's all.

Didn't expect anything like this to happen

Edited by steverebo

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeeeouch

Was it stock?

Seems like Specnas definitely aren't as good as they used to be

Orion gearbox is a bit wank. The One series is still good though

1 minute ago, steverebo said:

Didn't expect anything like this to happen

They can be a bit prone to it but you have massively increased the rate of fire. That'll do it.

20 minutes ago, steverebo said:

Hmmm, that makes it more understandable.

Look for a pre-radiused gearbox

Oh my word... :(
When Luke from Negative Airsoft goes on about Orion gearboxes being crap, is that what he meant?

(It makes 5 minutes I spent radiusing my F2000's gearbox feel like a good investment)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Look for a pre-radiused gearbox

Orions are pre-radiused.  The problem is that they're made of Chinesium pot-metal.

Mine is currently surviving an M130-ish spring putting out 1.8J as a DMR but it was a very, very poor choice as a DMR base.  When, not if, it grenades, I'll be putting in a CYMA box from my cockroach backup-backup AEG.

Feeding issues are also rife with Specnas.  Luke at Negative has a solution that worked for him (see YouTube), I have one here in the tech sections that worked for me.

I couldn't recommend Specnas to anyone now.

6 hours ago, EDcase said:

@steverebo In case you haven't seen.  This might be good for you...

I bought one then had to cancel as it appears the lonex gearbox doesn't fit specna arms lower reciever so still trying to find something that will

Edited by steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.