Two tones

Guest cfcf12345

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You're right to be cautious.  People can and do make "Halp, shooter!" calls, and the police do turn up and kick in doors while ready to split wigs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53538740

I test-shoot only in my garage, not in the back garden.  And airsoft guns aren't that loud - I'd be more concerned with being seen with one.

However, it might be an idea to open a conversation with your neighbours with a "Oh, hello, sorry if I've been disturbing you, I've been getting into paintball. Well, I say, paintball, it's actually airsoft, which is like paintball without the paint..." and take it from there.

I'm not sure where you're actually going with this.  If it's airsoft skirmishing at a site, don't hesitate, get in there.  If you're only really interested in target shooting inside your own flat, that's a perfectly legitimate and legal thing to do, but I'd suggest having a look into the many springer pistols available.  They're cheap, quieter than gas or electric, and the power is just fine for target shooting down a hallway or across a room.

Guest cfcf12345
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

You're right to be cautious.  People can and do make "Halp, shooter!" calls, and the police do turn up and kick in doors while ready to split wigs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53538740

I test-shoot only in my garage, not in the back garden.  And airsoft guns aren't that loud - I'd be more concerned with being seen with one.

However, it might be an idea to open a conversation with your neighbours with a "Oh, hello, sorry if I've been disturbing you, I've been getting into paintball. Well, I say, paintball, it's actually airsoft, which is like paintball without the paint..." and take it from there.

I'm not sure where you're actually going with this.  If it's airsoft skirmishing at a site, don't hesitate, get in there.  If you're only really interested in target shooting inside your own flat, that's a perfectly legitimate and legal thing to do, but I'd suggest having a look into the many springer pistols available.  They're cheap, quieter than gas or electric, and the power is just fine for target shooting down a hallway or across a room.

Yeah that’s the only reason I’m asking about this incase my door gets kicked in for gun sounds tested it a lot indoor but it’s too small to have a proper test hence why outside is better and yes I’ll be talking to my neighbours etc, no I’m actually looking to get into skirmishing but I don’t want to turn up with a bright blue and black mp5 like a kid plus I’m moving city soon so saving as much money as I can but defo defo be planning on skirmishing and enjoying it to the fullest when the times right after I’ve moved and settled that’s all there is to it.

again thanks for understanding and not taking the piss out me and again thanks for your help and advice 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, cfcf12345 said:

I don’t want to turn up with a bright blue and black mp5

Ah, another of the MP5 Master Race, nice one. Out of milsim (or one other site that we've been discussing) nobody will care.  Really, we won't.  And airsofters are a friendly bunch, folk will be more than happy to help you get it dialled in on-site.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, another of the MP5 Master Race, nice one. Out of milsim (or one other site that we've been discussing) nobody will care.  Really, we won't.  And airsofters are a friendly bunch, folk will be more than happy to help you get it dialled in on-site.

this, we accept that 2-tone is a necessary evil to allow our hobby to continue, and as long as you don't do it to anything rare/nice (ie not commonly available) nobody is going to care.

Two tone is probably needed but a brightly coloured gun like object in public will not stop the police being called. Not is it bulletproof…

As a old pre VCRA codger I’ll tell a story that happen to me some years back.

Early 2000’s I was walking along a residential street in Southhall when a teenager of Middle Eastern ethnicity wearing a green m65 coat, red and white shemagh and carrying a G3 comes barrelling out of an alley right into me.

Luckily for him I was probably one of the few adults then who had any real knowledge of Airsoft. This probably hasn’t changed. To an extent even within the Police.

I told him not to be a stupid dead **** and to think about why. He went inside rapidly to use the toilet. 

A friend of mine got raided for unrelated  reasons and when the Police officers found a TM MP5 in the wardrobe they really though they’d struck detective gold.

Anyway it’s all subjective. A tiny flat or small garden you’r far more likely to attract attention. A private estate in the country, no one will care if you are firing a semi-auto shotgun out of the Ferrari’s window while pulling donuts. 😉

Edited by The Waco Kid

Guest cfcf12345
On 11/02/2022 at 22:57, Rogerborg said:

Yeah I’ve always loved the way mp5s look but my first ever airsoft gun was a full metal gas blowback m4 was amazing I’m not gonna lie but I prefer the mp5 over the m4 and prefer electric over gas.okay that’s good to hear once I get my ucara eventually I’ll be looking to purchase one tone but thanks that helps me 

On 12/02/2022 at 00:46, The Waco Kid said:

Two tone is probably needed but a brightly coloured gun like object in public will not stop the police being called. Not is it bulletproof…

As a old pre VCRA codger I’ll tell a story that happen to me some years back.

Early 2000’s I was walking along a residential street in Southhall when a teenager of Middle Eastern ethnicity wearing a green m65 coat, red and white shemagh and carrying a G3 comes barrelling out of an alley right into me.

Luckily for him I was probably one of the few adults then who had any real knowledge of Airsoft. This probably hasn’t changed. To an extent even within the Police.

I told him not to be a stupid dead **** and to think about why. He went inside rapidly to use the toilet. 

A friend of mine got raided for unrelated  reasons and when the Police officers found a TM MP5 in the wardrobe they really though they’d struck detective gold.

Anyway it’s all subjective. A tiny flat or small garden you’r far more likely to attract attention. A private estate in the country, no one will care if you are firing a semi-auto shotgun out of the Ferrari’s window while pulling donuts. 😉

It’s really crazy they treat a toy gun like a real gun even though they look identical once the police examine it they shouldn’t take it too far since it’s not a real firearm crazy all these laws over a toy

On 11/02/2022 at 23:14, Adolf Hamster said:

this, we accept that 2-tone is a necessary evil to allow our hobby to continue, and as long as you don't do it to anything rare/nice (ie not commonly available) nobody is going to care.

No I’ll be doing things properly once I’m into airsoft fully I won’t let the airsoft community down guys 

This is my mp5 guys was also wondering what’s the best place to get attachments for this?looking for a sight and laser maybe?thanks

image.jpg

3 hours ago, cfcf12345 said:

It’s really crazy they treat a toy gun like a real gun even though they look identical once the police examine it they shouldn’t take it too far since it’s not a real firearm crazy all these laws over a toy

Not really. Any report of a firearm has to be taken seriously until its proven to be a replica, imagine what could happen if a report of a gun wasn't treated seriously and it turned out to be a real one. 

Guest cfcf12345
4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not really. Any report of a firearm has to be taken seriously until its proven to be a replica, imagine what could happen if a report of a gun wasn't treated seriously and it turned out to be a real one. 

Of course it does I agree with you but I seen somewhere even after police examine it they can still get you in trouble you gun or not it was that part I was referring to mainly 

Total noob here, but I made sure to talk to my neighbours about my son and I's new hobby.  Thankfully one is ex RAF and the others sensible.  Sadly and more pathetically my son has a teacher on our estate who grassed him up to the school during lockdown for walking to the local park in a camo onesie and a dirty great orange nerf rifle; so he has some appreciation of the existence of Karen's and curtain twitchers.

For the OP, no matter what, these things look real and the general public are morons.  The police have to respond to calls, and if a gun is part of the call....  You are sensible enough to understand.

People still getting in trouble after it's known to be a rif involved, rather than a real firearm, is usually because they've done something stupid (eg wave it around in public), failed the attitude test or both

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Sadly and more pathetically my son has a teacher on our estate who grassed him up to the school during lockdown for walking to the local park in a camo onesie and a dirty great orange nerf rifle

Did anything happen because quite frankly that's got fuck all to do with the school? 

Edited by Cannonfodder

I toke mine out b4 i played first game and set up the hop outaide my house and feild. Just find somone with private land ie farmers feild ask if can use it there.  I went to shooters world air rifle shop asked all the land owners if i cud do it and 3 said yes. I pickdd closeist to home he even drove me down and toke me home never seen a airsoft sniper rifle b4.  Its totaly fine as ya on private land shooting on private land. 

Guest cfcf12345
14 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Total noob here, but I made sure to talk to my neighbours about my son and I's new hobby.  Thankfully one is ex RAF and the others sensible.  Sadly and more pathetically my son has a teacher on our estate who grassed him up to the school during lockdown for walking to the local park in a camo onesie and a dirty great orange nerf rifle; so he has some appreciation of the existence of Karen's and curtain twitchers.

For the OP, no matter what, these things look real and the general public are morons.  The police have to respond to calls, and if a gun is part of the call....  You are sensible enough to understand.

Yes I realised haha that’s why I asked a daft question about shooting in forests etc so it doesn’t happen to me but thanks for the advice

5 hours ago, PinkGun said:

I toke mine out b4 i played first game and set up the hop outaide my house and feild. Just find somone with private land ie farmers feild ask if can use it there.  I went to shooters world air rifle shop asked all the land owners if i cud do it and 3 said yes. I pickdd closeist to home he even drove me down and toke me home never seen a airsoft sniper rifle b4.  Its totaly fine as ya on private land shooting on private land. 

I’ll take that into account thanks 

• 3 months later...
On 14/02/2022 at 02:18, Cannonfodder said:

Did anything happen because quite frankly that's got fuck all to do with the school? 

Just saw this... Sorry for the late reply.

Thankfully not - the member of staff it was passed onto was one of the sensible ones and only told us because she saw the funny side. LOL

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.