Just bought this helmet

Urban assasin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just purchased this helmet second hand and not totally sure exactly what it is or how much it’s worth? I know that the chinstrap is team Wendy and the helmet itself is not made of plastic it seems a lot heavier and looks like Kevlar inside compared to my fma helmet. The nods are replica nonfunctional take a look at the pics someone mus have a clue of what this is as honestly I’m not a helmet guy and don’t have a scooby do. Please I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the pics you may just know what I have! 
thanjs for looking 👍

D229D29A-2E1E-4023-862C-06C179854B2E.jpeg

793C1D01-EE9B-4195-9F15-64A42DCB699D.jpeg

B290A57B-49BD-4026-BCAA-26FE6D00326D.jpeg

C5F0F214-D050-4894-88A3-6870D4138F5C.jpeg

FA5DA76B-DF8B-4927-A743-24926D85313B.jpeg

2185E3C7-5644-414A-B345-909D239580E4.jpeg

A9636985-433D-408C-9BBA-7CF09D136CB1.jpeg

D57337C7-6686-4E40-A446-E3926D822D75.jpeg

A5CDE0FC-FC1F-46CA-AF7C-CC23AB7C8271.jpeg

• Supporters
On 30/01/2022 at 22:54, Rogerborg said:

image.png.113109522ddbe62c8074c3e756175de5.png

29E9F70F-8216-49D3-86F7-BA63FC609C0F.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 30/01/2022 at 09:30, Urban assasin said:

Just purchased this helmet second hand and not totally sure exactly what it is or how much it’s worth? I know that the chinstrap is team Wendy and the helmet itself is not made of plastic it seems a lot heavier and looks like Kevlar inside compared to my fma helmet. The nods are replica nonfunctional take a look at the pics someone mus have a clue of what this is as honestly I’m not a helmet guy and don’t have a scooby do. Please I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the pics you may just know what I have! 
thanjs for looking 👍

D229D29A-2E1E-4023-862C-06C179854B2E.jpeg

Looks like a genuine Team Wendy to me, hard to get a feel for the helmet's profile with all the shit tacked onto it but that hatched pattern on the inside of the helmet looks like genuine aramid fibres to me, and if it's heavier than plastic then it's almost certainly ballistic rated.

Worth a fair bit! How much did you pay for it?

EDIT: Almost certainly not Team Wendy tbh but it does look legit - I think someone's swapped the Team Wendy retention system over to another brand's helmet, quite common as TW's retention system is very good. I reckon it's an OpsCore FAST.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

• Supporters
18 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Looks like a genuine Team Wendy to me, hard to get a feel for the helmet's profile with all the shit tacked onto it but that hatched pattern on the inside of the helmet looks like genuine aramid fibres to me, and if it's heavier than plastic then it's almost certainly ballistic rated.

Worth a fair bit! How much did you pay for it?

EDIT: Almost certainly not Team Wendy tbh but it does look legit - I think someone's swapped the Team Wendy retention system over to another brand's helmet, quite common as TW's retention system is very good. I reckon it's an OpsCore FAST.

If it's a legit OpsCore it'll say so somewhere but FMA do make an Aramid fibre version of their knock off. @Urban assasinTake the liner out and look for labels.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If it's a legit OpsCore it'll say so somewhere but FMA do make an Aramid fibre version of their knock off. @Urban assasinTake the liner out and look for labels.

Oh doooo they now, thanks for letting me know. That's interesting! And pretty cool tbh.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Oh doooo they now, thanks for letting me know. That's interesting! And pretty cool tbh.

Yep https://emperionstore.com/maritime-1-1-aramid-fiber-version-helmet-fma.html

They say it's ballistic rated but I wouldn't trust it if I needed to. It's a an odd product to be honest, nobody in their right mind would trust it's bullet stopping credentials but it's overkill for airsoft (unless you just WANT more weight on your noggin which is weird but hey, you do you).

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

They say it's ballistic rated but I wouldn't trust it if I needed to

Weirdly I've just been watching Demolition Ranch on YouTube where they tested a load of cheap armour from wish.com. The results weren't great 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Weirdly I've just been watching Demolition Ranch on YouTube where they tested a load of cheap armour from wish.com. The results weren't great 

Watch the Garand Thumb Chinese Face Armour one!

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The one where he put the first round through the eye hole? 

That's the one!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.