Fogging!

Spoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome.

Yes, fogging its probably the airsofters main difficulty (apart from an empty bank account)

Have a search and read on the forum because this subject has come up A LOT 😉

Edited by EDcase

Hi @Spoons! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

A main problem, for all players, glad you enjoyed your first game! 👍

There are many options out there, different types to use, it’s your preference and budget? 🤪

Best thing I’ve found (apart from anti fog wipes!), is a walk (making sure any other face protection is out of the way, to make it quicker, IMPORTANT never remove the eye protection in the field!!!!) on or off the field! 😵

Have a channel, with some advice for beginners, if interested? 🤔
💷GAMBLE💷

Edited by GAMBLE

14 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Spoons! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

A main problem, for all players, glad you enjoyed your first game! 👍

There are many options out there, different types to use, it’s your preference and budget? 🤪

Best thing I’ve found (apart from anti fog wipes!), is a walk (making sure any other face protection is out of the way, to make it quicker, IMPORTANT never remove the eye protection in the field!!!!) on or off the field! 😵

Have a channel, with some advice for beginners, if interested? 🤔
💷GAMBLE💷

Late again! Sorry 🤭

Yes fogging the bane of seeing the enemy. Although it kind of evens up cause even the enemy suffers from it. Lol

I have tried antifog potions but can't say any really work. Have just purchased a pair of fma fan assisted goggles but have not fielded them yet.the fan doesn't seem very good to be honest but time will tell.🤞

I must admit that I do slide a sneaky digit up under my eye pro when things get bad bit like a living wiper blade but keeping peepers shut tight.

But as @GAMBLEsays never take your eypro off unless in the safe zone👍

Regards 

11 minutes ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Ultimately solved that by going for mesh.

Yeah I tried mesh in the beginning but found they cut the amount of light reaching my eyeballs. ☹

Regards 

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah I tried mesh in the beginning but found they cut the amount of light reaching my eyeballs. ☹

Regards 

That is the massive downside to mesh, I think i'm just used to it - that or I don't mind putting up with it in a trade off for fogging up!

• Supporters

Oh man, those feels.

Rain-X helps, as does Cat Crap (yes, you right that read) paste.  The best potion I've tried is Revision anti-fog wipes, which don't come cheap, but I reckon are worth it, and the price per wipe can plummet when bought in bulk and amortised over several years.

Double pane is another big step. Dye i4 and i5 masks are double paned, as are Pyramex iForce goggles (although there are reported issues with the inner pane crazing).  You can also dual-pane any goggles with a sheet of PETG plastic (0.7mm-1mm) and strips of 2mm thick double sided self adhesive foam.

Then we get to fans, which also work, and you don't need that much air volume.  I have FMA goggles which do the job, or you can buy an ExFog system, or fettle up something yourself, typically using a radial fan like this and some tubing and hot melt glue / sugru or similar to seal them together.  They can be had in 5V and 12V versions and either can be powered by a small lipo or 9V battery.

wholesale 5015 DC12V, 24V Silent Radial Turbo Blower Fan Cooling for 3D Printer

Welcome. Another vote for cat crap here. One application in the morning and maybe another at lunchtime if it's particularly hot or humid works for me 

• Supporters

I would note that I've tried Cat Crap vs Revision wipes, eye-vs-eye, and the Revisions did a better job.  Although that was on a PETG inner lens, results will almost certainly vary.

@Spoons If you check the “what have you made” thread there is a few of us put up anti-fogging goggle ideas for goggles, you may find a idea that suits you, your skill set, your pocket !

and welcome aboard!

Edited by MiK

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I've recently been to a store that suggested a Dye mask or HK KLR.

Neither are cheap but I'd be willing to pay more if it guaranteed no fogging!

Hate to break it to you, but you are not guaranteed no fogging even with high end Paintball masks.

I run with a paintball mask now playing airsoft, and have also owned many sets from various manufacturers during my paintballing days. Whilst you are less likely to get fogging issues, on a hot, humid day fogging and condensation can still happen - especially when you are sweating.

I came up with a fan system for my goggles in the end to suck in cooler ambient air to displace the hot humid air within the goggles.

18 hours ago, Shamal said:

Late again! Sorry 🤭

Yes fogging the bane of seeing the enemy. Although it kind of evens up cause even the enemy suffers from it. Lol

I have tried antifog potions but can't say any really work. Have just purchased a pair of fma fan assisted goggles but have not fielded them yet.the fan doesn't seem very good to be honest but time will tell.🤞

I must admit that I do slide a sneaky digit up under my eye pro when things get bad bit like a living wiper blade but keeping peepers shut tight.

But as @GAMBLEsays never take your eypro off unless in the safe zone👍

Regards 

im using those fma goggles myself there not to  bad remove the foam and give the lense a coat of nuprol anti fog and there fine dont fog up unless its raining,nightmare the strongest setting is the first press on the button originaly thought was the 2nd XD

57 minutes ago, Misery said:

im using those fma goggles myself there not the strongest setting is the first press on the button originaly thought was the 2nd XD

Thanks.👍

Yeah I assumed 2nd press was fastest.

Can the foam be removed then?

I know you’ve been steered away from mesh but have a look at heroshark’s mesh goggles , I’ve had dyei4’s , pyramex , even less than two months ago bought some Wiley x xl advanced glasses that cost a fair few £’s they look the mutts nuts but still fog up so back to mr sharks mesh , only been playing sine 2015 but always end up with mesh , had bb’s shatter once on the mesh but that was a hot gun

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Thanks.👍

Yeah I assumed 2nd press was fastest.

Can the foam be removed then?

was meant to be not that bad XD

yeah its frist press for strong 2nd for weak then off i only found that out couple weeks ago XD

yeah bud its just hot glued on came right off

I run ESS ice 3 glasses and they work amazing for me, not had a fogging issue yet and they’re perfect for the larger head like myself 😂 if I do have fogging issues I find cat crap is best for me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.