Lifts to Games

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unfortunately this is going to sound sketchy but I was wondering if there's anyone around the stevenage (hertfordshire) area who would be willing to give lifts to games when they are going to one. Seeing as I don't have a car and don't have the funds to get a taxi to games £80 to the village and back plus £25 for the game now £30 due to covid I've been spending around £100-£110 per game day, I am willing to pay for the day if someone is willing to pick up and drop off or just pick up.

This is my first post I read through the rules briefly sorry if this is against any of them if it is I will delete this right away.

Note: I have played around 6-7 games so I'm pretty new to airsoft and those games are split between around 3 years.

Edited by evilcheesepuff
missing a location

I'm actually in Hitchin so if/when I do go to a local game in future I might be able to help - unfortunately I'm only likely to be doing one a month initially (hopefully!), and that'll be at Red Alert in Newbury due to UKARA-ing there with some mates.

5 hours ago, evilcheesepuff said:

Unfortunately this is going to sound sketchy but I was wondering if there's anyone around the stevenage (hertfordshire) area who would be willing to give lifts to games when they are going to one. Seeing as I don't have a car and don't have the funds to get a taxi to games £80 to the village and back plus £25 for the game now £30 due to covid I've been spending around £100-£110 per game day, I am willing to pay for the day if someone is willing to pick up and drop off or just pick up.

This is my first post I read through the rules briefly sorry if this is against any of them if it is I will delete this right away.

Note: I have played around 6-7 games so I'm pretty new to airsoft and those games are split between around 3 years.

It don't hurt to ask fella👍

And it seems like @noctumay be able to help. 🙂

Welcome to the forum 👋

Regards 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

No problem asking for a lift; if you do not ask then you do not get.

4 hours ago, noctu said:

I'm actually in Hitchin so if/when I do go to a local game in future I might be able to help - unfortunately I'm only likely to be doing one a month initially (hopefully!), and that'll be at Red Alert in Newbury due to UKARA-ing there with some mates.

Bloody hell thats a trip!!!

Thanks for all the help guys and noctu sent you a message on your feed.

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Bloody hell thats a trip!!!

Audio book and cruise control! ;)

The mates I'm meeting up with are from down Portsmouth way so it's kind of middle ground... or at least a similar distance drive.

Just make sure to offer to split fuel costs, I frequently give lifts to people and nothing irritates more than having to ask for fuel money.

Edited by EvilMonkee

10 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Just make sure to offer to split fuel costs, I frequently give lifts to people and nothing irritates more than having to ask for fuel money.

how much is fuel for like a 40 min to 1 hour drive I don't think it'll be more than £20

On 26/06/2021 at 15:29, evilcheesepuff said:

And I have offered to pay for the game that more than covers the cost of fuel to get to the closest game average fuel is about 40pence a mile so for the closest one to me is about £15 of fuel for the whole day.

£80 for a taxi? Where are you travelling from? It looks like the village is going to become my regular site and a taxi from the station is about a tenner

20 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

£80 for a taxi? Where are you travelling from? It looks like the village is going to become my regular site and a taxi from the station is about a tenner

I travel from my flat to the village.

A return ticket from Stevenage to Royston on a Sunday is £6:30 so that should save you a bit on travel expenses 

On 29/06/2021 at 09:12, Cannonfodder said:

A return ticket from Stevenage to Royston on a Sunday is £6:30 so that should save you a bit on travel expenses 

I'm just worried about travelling with all my gear takes about an hour to walk from mine to the train station and the taxi there would be £6-£7 then the train being £6.30 then taxi from train station to the game probably I assume another £6 then double all of the taxi travels and add the game comes up to about £57.30.

Whereas a lift to a game would cost me the person giving a lifts game as payment for the lift and probably a few snacks.

Edited by evilcheesepuff

Just putting other options out there for if you can't get a lift.

I've been using public transport for years and never had any problems, just use a little common sense

• 3 months later...

This topic is a bit old now but I’m in Hitchin so not far at all and often go on my own to AWA herts if you were still looking for a lift and were happy playing there. Car should be plenty big enough for any gear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.