Aeg Assault Rifles?

YungEb_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Planning on buying my first AEG Assault Rifle. Would prefer for it to be some sort of m4 build. My price range is about £100. Are there any guns you guys suggest that might come with attachments etc... I am new to this sorry.

13 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

Planning on buying my first AEG Assault Rifle. Would prefer for it to be some sort of m4 build. My price range is about £100. Are there any guns you guys suggest that might come with attachments etc... I am new to this sorry.

AR-15 builds also please lol

I think you may be a bit light on your budget if you are wanting attachments as well.

Best advise would be to look in the classifieds on here.You may find a used gnu maybe with a couple of add ons.👍

Good luck 🤞

Regards 🙂

Ps..don't be sorry,we all started somewhere lol.

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I think you may be a bit light on your budget if you are wanting attachments as well.

Best advise would be to look in the classifieds on here.You may find a used gnu maybe with a couple of add ons.👍

Good luck 🤞

Regards 🙂

I'm down to have it without attachments also if it exceeds my budget. I found this second hand gun online: https://www.jauce.com/auction/h544064754#international_delivery but idk

15 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Good luck 🤞

Regards 🙂

Are you able to provide any URLs to any guns you suggest?

20 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Good luck 🤞

Regards 🙂

Do you think https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/lancer-tactical-lt-19-m4-carbine-10-gen-2?pv=11997 is a good buy if I maybe add a sight and a grip onto it?

• Supporters

as @Shamal suggests it's probably gonna be a stretch to get something new and get attatchments.

first things first- have you played to get ukara etc? because that's gonna affect your options (fewer 2-tones going through the classifieds)

next is have you any equipment already? things like eye-pro, batteries, chargers etc or are you trying to get a full starter package for that budget?

i'd suggest forgetting about attatchments initially, easy enough to pick up things like scopes/flashlights/grips etc cheap off the classifieds as and when they pop up.

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as @Shamal suggests it's probably gonna be a stretch to get something new and get attatchments.

first things first- have you played to get ukara etc? because that's gonna affect your options (fewer 2-tones going through the classifieds)

next is have you any equipment already? things like eye-pro, batteries, chargers etc or are you trying to get a full starter package for that budget?

i'd suggest forgetting about attatchments initially, easy enough to pick up things like scopes/flashlights/grips etc cheap off the classifieds as and when they pop up.

Ok prepared to forget any attachment initially. I do not have any batteries. The only thing I have is 0.20 gram BBs and green gas for a pistol I had. But exclude the green gas as I can only afford AEG rifles right now.

19 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

I'm down to have it without attachments also if it exceeds my budget. I found this second hand gun online: https://www.jauce.com/auction/h544064754#international_delivery but idk

Are you able to provide any URLs to any guns you suggest?

Do you think https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/lancer-tactical-lt-19-m4-carbine-10-gen-2?pv=11997 is a good buy if I maybe add a sight and a grip onto it?

Yeah nothing wrong with that to get you going and from a well known supplier and in the UK.

But as @Adolf Hamstersays, unless you have a ukara defense you would have to have it two tone which is another tenner.☹

For now though I would limit my searches to the UK 🇬🇧

Have a look through the classified ads on afuk.

You could try prefired or used airsoft but again unless you can prove a defense,sellers may be reluctant to sell to you unless its two toned.

Have you joined a club?

Regards 

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah nothing wrong with that to get you going and from a well known supplier and in the UK.

But as @Adolf Hamstersays, unless you have a ukara defense you would have to have it two tone which is another tenner.☹

For now though I would limit my searches to the UK 🇬🇧

Have a look through the classified ads on afuk.

You could try prefired or used airsoft but again unless you can prove a defense,sellers may be reluctant to sell to you unless its two toned.

Have you joined a club?

Regards 

I haven't been able to get myself a UKARA due to lockdown. Isn't it illegal for me to get a Black/non two toned gun? Don't get me wrong I'm all for it but I have no idea how to get one without a UKARA membership lol. I have had a look and apparently that gun is trash.

• Supporters

as much as we all know the excitement of wanting to get yourself setup, why not wait a bit? keep saving, wait for sites to re-open, do your games to get ukara and have a bigger budget to have some fun with?

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as much as we all know the excitement of wanting to get yourself setup, why not wait a bit? keep saving, wait for sites to re-open, do your games to get ukara and have a bigger budget to have some fun with?

Ok fair enough, what do you suggest getting in the meantime? Also just quickly how does the classified ads on afuk work? I want to buy a gun but do I need UKARA to get black ones or can they just send it out? Secondly how do I make sure I don't get scammed?

You should concentrate on good eye protection.  Search the forum for threads about best eyepro.  Ankle support boots are important too as twisted ankles are the most common injuries. Army surplus is good for that.

Classifieds on afuk are generally safe but check the history of the seller.

As far as selling you a realistic imitation firearm (RIF), it depends on the seller.  They can legally sell you one if you can convince them that you will use it for airsoft properly.

As Adolf Hamster said, you should really rent for you first 3 games to get a feel for the game and get UKARA registered.  You may change your mind about the kind of gun you want.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
Just now, YungEb_ said:

Ok fair enough, what do you suggest getting in the meantime?

while you wait? i'd just keep saving in the meantime and not get anything, bigger budget+ukara=shinier pew, you don't have too far to go before you can look at some of the cracker budget guna

1 minute ago, YungEb_ said:

how does the classified ads on afuk work? I want to buy a gun but do I need UKARA to get black ones or can they just send it out? Secondly how do I make sure I don't get scammed?

it's pretty much the same as any other forum

find a gun you like, message the seller, strike a deal in conversation, pay by paypal and they'll post out.

you do still need a defence to get a non 2-tone secondhand i'm afraid.

in terms of scams, well there's nothing perfect, but generally i'll stick with the following:

• if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, you can occasionally get cracker bargains on here but if something seems off just walk away, patience is the key.
  • keep all conversation on here, don't go using email/text message as if there's an issue it'll be harder for the admin to help out and ban the scammer.
  • always pay with paypal goods and services, never with friends and family. if the seller asks to pay f&f pay goods and services but add the fees on top yourself (you can google the rates), friends and family has zero comeback if they pull a fast one

what that won't necessarily protect you from however is the hidden demons, most commonly from bad tech-work but it's worth noting that this doesn't mean the seller is intentionally selling a gun with a problem, folk can sell stuff with no idea what's going on under the hood.

even brand new guns aren't immune from this, but if you've bought brand new from a retailer (especially uk based) then at least you can send it back (they'll normally "repair" which can very depending on the skills of the shop tech), however with a second hand gun it's entirely caveat emptor.

unfortunately the only sure-fire way to protect yourself from that issue is to be proficient enough at tech work yourself to be able to fix a gun that has problems like that, which is why it's generally not considered the wisest idea to jump straight into buying secondhand for your first gun.

41 minutes ago, EDcase said:

You should concentrate on good eye protection.  Search the forum for threads about best eyepro.  Ankle support boots are important too as twisted ankles are the most common injuries. Army surplus is good for that.

^solid advice there, if you're gonna spend on anything spend on that.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

while you wait? i'd just keep saving in the meantime and not get anything, bigger budget+ukara=shinier pew, you don't have too far to go before you can look at some of the cracker budget guna

it's pretty much the same as any other forum

find a gun you like, message the seller, strike a deal in conversation, pay by paypal and they'll post out.

you do still need a defence to get a non 2-tone secondhand i'm afraid.

in terms of scams, well there's nothing perfect, but generally i'll stick with the following:

• if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, you can occasionally get cracker bargains on here but if something seems off just walk away, patience is the key.
  • keep all conversation on here, don't go using email/text message as if there's an issue it'll be harder for the admin to help out and ban the scammer.
  • always pay with paypal goods and services, never with friends and family. if the seller asks to pay f&f pay goods and services but add the fees on top yourself (you can google the rates), friends and family has zero comeback if they pull a fast one

what that won't necessarily protect you from however is the hidden demons, most commonly from bad tech-work but it's worth noting that this doesn't mean the seller is intentionally selling a gun with a problem, folk can sell stuff with no idea what's going on under the hood.

even brand new guns aren't immune from this, but if you've bought brand new from a retailer (especially uk based) then at least you can send it back (they'll normally "repair" which can very depending on the skills of the shop tech), however with a second hand gun it's entirely caveat emptor.

unfortunately the only sure-fire way to protect yourself from that issue is to be proficient enough at tech work yourself to be able to fix a gun that has problems like that, which is why it's generally not considered the wisest idea to jump straight into buying secondhand for your first gun.

^solid advice there, if you're gonna spend on anything spend on that.

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Classifieds on afuk are generally safe but check the history of the seller.

As far as selling you a realistic imitation firearm (RIF), it depends on the seller.  They can legally sell you one if you can convince them that you will use it for airsoft properly.

As Adolf Hamster said, you should really rent for you first 3 games to get a feel for the game and get UKARA registered.  You may change your mind about the kind of gun you want.

Ok thanks mate. I appreciate all of your responses. 

CYMA, Specna and LT do a series of decent M4s at that price range. Most of which have plenty of rail space to install extras. None of them are metal, or run on LiPo, or spit out 40rps or have any Gucci features, but perfectly serviceable gnus for skirmishing and practice.

I bought a new LT in that range. I happen to like it. It's light, compact and quite well made. Shoots well with no issues. Much if what is said about LT is keech or snobbery IMO. Much of which stemmed from an infamous YouTube video review where the gnu failed during test. From my own experience it's a sound gnu that won't set the world on fire but perfectly good for beginners - like me!

All the best in your search.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, 125cc said:

CYMA, Specna and LT do a series of decent M4s at that price range. Most of which have plenty of rail space to install extras. None of them ..............run on LiPo................

Who told you this mate ? Because who ever it was , was talking bollox out of there arse ! 
no such thing as a LiPo ‘unready’ Gun , ALL electric guns can run on LiPo batteries you just need to watch  the capacity of the battery your using , if you stick a 11.1V in a lot of guns then yea it is more than likely they'll implode in a quite dramatic way sometime in your future but stick to 7.4V LiPo’s and you can use them in absolutely any gun , Christ i even put one in my Glock18c ! 😂

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

"lipo ready"="we will be more inventive when weaseling out of a warranty claim than a stock response saying it was the battery"

True facts.

13 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Who told you this mate ? Because who ever it was , was talking bollox out of there arse ! 
no such thing as a LiPo ‘unready’ Gun , ALL electric guns can run on LiPo batteries you just need to watch  the capacity of the battery your using , if you stick a 11.1V in a lot of guns then yea it is more than likely they'll implode in a quite dramatic way sometime in your future but stick to 7.4V LiPo’s and you can use them in absolutely any gun , Christ i even put one in my Glock18c ! 😂

Bad wording, I apologise. Been a long and busy week at work. Brain more scrambled than usual. It was more in reference to the fact that these budget gnus come as default with NiMH units. Ofc they can happily run LiPo as long as you keep the voltage down, also most beginners tend to stick to NiMH. Or maybe that's just me.

Have heard of folk running stock LT G2s like mine on 7.4V LiPo without issue. Not sure about the other makes.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, 125cc said:

Bad wording, I apologise. Been a long and busy week at work. Brain more scrambled than usual. It was more in reference to the fact that these budget gnus come as default with NiMH units. Ofc they can happily run LiPo as long as you keep the voltage down, also most beginners tend to stick to NiMH. Or maybe that's just me.

Have heard of folk running stock LT G2s like mine on 7.4V LiPo without issue. Not sure about the other makes.

Know the feeling ! 😳 as long as you stick to the 7.4v you can run them in basically every gun out there , only thing I always recommend is swap any tamiya connectors for deans or some other similar type , tamiya are positively Neolithic and just SO inefficient at power transfer Compared to near every other connector on the market . Most go for deans as it’s just the defacto standard that most use . 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.