Bolt Aksu

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so, help me decide.

i'm thinking i regret selling my e&l aksu, even if it was the weird romanian one, and i think i need another in my life.

normally my go to would be straight up e&l as i know what i'm getting, but having bumped into a Bolt last shoot before lockdown i must admit i was kinda taken, the externals are real nice (probably e&l oem nice).

do i risk the clockwork nightmare that is working on a recoil mech or stick with what i know?

I owned a Bolt BR47 and the thing barely survived 3 skirmishes before falling apart, not sure I could ever recommend a Bolt now to be honest.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Do you want noise, mans vibrator?

I think with recoils, if you want realism get a GBBR.

Maybe @Solar could expand on what exactly ‘falling apart’ means?

Going back a few years now but basically the Bolt recoil system put too much stress on the moving parts and it just stopped working. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Solar said:

Going back a few years now but basically the Bolt recoil system put too much stress on the moving parts and it just stopped working. 

So my standard reason to be wary of ebb's still stands then.

I did try one in a shop about a year ago and i'm not surprised theres strain on the box with the recoil.

Maybe i shall bide my time and see what comes up, because i also want an obzor.....

• Supporters

External wise theyre on a par, really the only reason to get the bolt would be to have the recoil.

I'll maybe try and sneak a closer look at one in me local when lockdowns over see if i can see what the options are if the mech breaks.

Do you really want something that's gonna shake itself to pieces?

Since you already have HPA kit, get an E&L and Daytona the crap out of it :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

Do you really want something that's gonna shake itself to pieces?

Since you already have HPA kit, get an E&L and Daytona the crap out of it :D

Beleive it or not i've quit the hpa, gone back to aeg's with a little gbb mixed in.

Daytona'd e&l is very tempting though..........

21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

So my standard reason to be wary of ebb's still stands then.

I did try one in a shop about a year ago and i'm not surprised theres strain on the box with the recoil.

Maybe i shall bide my time and see what comes up, because i also want an obzor.....

Yeah but if someone has more experience with newer gen Bolts then might be worth asking them. I got mine when they were brand new so they might have improved since then. I also had difficulty with parts compatibility as there were no other SR47 variants out at that time but now there seem to be a few. You would probably have a lot more luck with an AK platform

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Solar said:

Yeah but if someone has more experience with newer gen Bolts then might be worth asking them. I got mine when they were brand new so they might have improved since then. I also had difficulty with parts compatibility as there were no other SR47 variants out at that time but now there seem to be a few. You would probably have a lot more luck with an AK platform

fair enough, it's mostly internals i'm concerned about, the externals look pretty damn solid.

fella i was chatting to at the site didn't mention any issues but he hadn't had the thing that long.

Have you considered an LCT with a recoil kit?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, JamesWills said:

Have you considered an LCT with a recoil kit?

I'm not sure i'll be buying another lct for a while after the let-down with the last one i bought.

• Supporters
On 07/12/2020 at 16:25, Adolf Hamster said:

fair enough, it's mostly internals i'm concerned about, the externals look pretty damn solid.

fella i was chatting to at the site didn't mention any issues but he hadn't had the thing that long.

It's one of those "shit sticks" scenarios. The early Bolts did have issues, there's no question about that, but they've been addressed in the more recent iterations. The SR47 was one of their initial launch range so I'm not surprised to hear someone's fell apart.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It's one of those "shit sticks" scenarios. The early Bolts did have issues, there's no question about that, but they've been addressed in the more recent iterations. The SR47 was one of their initial launch range so I'm not surprised to hear someone's fell apart.

yeah

it's one of those issues where the combo of proprietary parts and potential failures of those parts can create a perfect storm.

i think i'm gonna have to just take a proper look at one up close and see, if it's possible to at least default to a standard gearbox then might not be so bad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.