Cm.045 (Blue Version)

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Ordered mine last night after a few too many beers.. just watched that Pheas airsoft and he mentions wobble on the flash hider. Have you had anything like that? Also, I’ll be converting to deans. Would I be ok getting rid of the fuse? 

No wobble on mine. I played my first post-lockdown skirmish yesterday and the gun performed nicely without any issues - I'm very pleased with it. I was playing at a CQB venue which is semi-only.

There was another brand-new out of the box (completely stock) CM.045 there as well and I can testify that it worked well too - I was shot by it several times throughout the day.

12 hours ago, Skara said:

You'll have to redo the wiring anyway, so at this point you could buy another v3 switch, wire the warfet to that one so you have a backup in case something goes funny.

That is exactly what I intend to do:

IMG_20200810_084946.jpg

On 06/08/2020 at 20:54, Speedbird_666 said:

I have one. Not played with it yet, will be used on Sunday for my first post-lockdown skirmish.

The new internals are pretty good - I've no plans to replace anything inside the GB until it breaks. Stock motor is torquey but a little slow (11-12 RPS on 7.4v LiPo).

I have:

- Replaced the hop rubber and nub (had a TM spare)

- Removed the fuse and added deans connector

- Changed the fire selector for this one

- Re-shimmed and re-greased (to be fair it was decent enough on both counts out of the box)

- Rocket 16TPA Hi-Torque

I'm very happy with it so far. Can't comment on longevity yet though.

Pics of the internals.

IMG_20200510_113713.jpg.c49b2ab21581cd93bca8e2bea628205e.jpgIMG_20200510_113731.jpg.13e935f4efd5240a75f3b2dd773c2be9.jpgIMG_20200510_113720.jpg.5328f85566342e7b5053672011187ff9.jpgIMG_20200510_113822.jpg.0dd786d4565cb5b2369a49957994d618.jpgIMG_20200510_115218.jpg.9a003afadd7dfacb33456d596ab79a66.jpgIMG_20200510_113850.jpg.6af02cd72de68bef05bf42d2668d283d.jpg

Hey man just a quick one (burning question) did you get an unjamming rod? For the life of me I can’t find one! And I’ve turned the man cave upside down. 

1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

Hey man just a quick one (burning question) did you get an unjamming rod? For the life of me I can’t find one! And I’ve turned the man cave upside down. 

Oh damn - I can't remember - sorry! I got three new guns in as many weeks (thank you lockdown) so the unboxings kinda blur into one.

On 12/08/2020 at 19:44, RonLancs said:

I got one with mine, it was under all the foam.

FYI you can get a Perun V3 optical mosfet for not much more than the Warfet. Really recommend it as it takes a great deal of travel out of the trigger and comes with precock; makes for great semi-response.

24 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

I got one with mine, it was under all the foam.

FYI you can get a Perun V3 optical mosfet for not much more than the Warfet. Really recommend it as it takes a great deal of travel out of the trigger and comes with precock; makes for great semi-response.

Hey man thanks. And I’ve heard mixed reviews about optical sensors.. I just feel like there’s more to go wrong. Take it you’ve had good results then? 

50 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hey man thanks. And I’ve heard mixed reviews about optical sensors.. I just feel like there’s more to go wrong. Take it you’ve had good results then? 

No problems with it yet but I've only used it about 4 games. Heads up though you do need a file a bit off the Perun so it doesn't get caught on the sector gear so it's not plug and play. The process is described in the manual; not difficult but probably not a job for someone that isn't confident to mess inside an AEG.

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Mmm loving the little beast! Got some range on it too out of the box! 

Glad you like it.

Mine is running a Gate ASR at the moment as a place-holder until I get enough cash for a full-blown Warfet. Using 16 gauge Alpha wire to the motor, a new trigger switch with the Gate signal wires etc. I'm Keeping the stock wiring set complete as backup if I need it.

Getting 15-16 RPS on a 16TPA Rocket Airsoft motor with otherwise stock internals on a 7.4v LiPo. I am toying with the idea of a 13:1 gear set though for giggles.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

If I slapped a SHS high torque into her but kept the rest stock on paper that would give me increased trigger response? 

Yes, but I'd stick a small mosfet into it so the motor can take advantage of all the current it needs. Mine had a Gate Pico wired in and stashed under the top cover. Worked a treat!

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Yes, but I'd stick a small mosfet into it so the motor can take advantage of all the current it needs. Mine had a Gate Pico wired in and stashed under the top cover. Worked a treat!

mm lots of sticking and slapping. The end result will be a warfet as mentioned previously above. I really thought I was an m4 man but when you nail those speed reloads with the AK mag in front of a rental.. something special.

2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

If I slapped a SHS high torque into her but kept the rest stock on paper that would give me increased trigger response? 

Yes - but not massively increased, the stock motor is quite torque-y (neo magnets). ROF will go up from 11ish to around 15RPS in full auto though. If you delete the fuse and solder on a deans connector, that will also help a bit.

I have also tried an SHS High Speed motor, and that was bit mental. 21RPS. But the fuse blew in minutes and the wiring, motor and LiPo got hotter than I was comfortable with - it was sucking down the amps.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, RonLancs said:

mm lots of sticking and slapping. The end result will be a warfet as mentioned previously above. I really thought I was an m4 man but when you nail those speed reloads with the AK mag in front of a rental.. something special.

In that case, yes a high torque motor will improve the response a bit which will improve once you put your chosen mosfet in. Just be aware though that the V3 trigger will always be a bit squishy by its very nature so don't expect the featherlite response you'd get with a Titan in an M4 for example.

58 minutes ago, Lozart said:

In that case, yes a high torque motor will improve the response a bit which will improve once you put your chosen mosfet in. Just be aware though that the V3 trigger will always be a bit squishy by its very nature so don't expect the featherlite response you'd get with a Titan in an M4 for example.

hmmm I might get onto Charles at AE to create a trigger for me. 

On 07/09/2020 at 18:25, Speedbird_666 said:

Yes - but not massively increased, the stock motor is quite torque-y (neo magnets). ROF will go up from 11ish to around 15RPS in full auto though. If you delete the fuse and solder on a deans connector, that will also help a bit.

I have also tried an SHS High Speed motor, and that was bit mental. 21RPS. But the fuse blew in minutes and the wiring, motor and LiPo got hotter than I was comfortable with - it was sucking down the amps.

Hey buddy, so adjusting motor height. I note that under the motor cage there’s a wee hole with a screw in it. I’ve tried multiple hex keys and unfortunately I can’t adjust the motor height. Any ideas? 

Ron

4 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hey buddy, so adjusting motor height. I note that under the motor cage there’s a wee hole with a screw in it. I’ve tried multiple hex keys and unfortunately I can’t adjust the motor height. Any ideas? 

Ron

Is the silver disc still behind the motor? If it's missing, the grub screw will be bearing down on the motor stator hole and not applying pressure to the back of the motor itself.

18 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Is the silver disc still behind the motor? If it's missing, the grub screw will be bearing down on the motor stator hole and not applying pressure to the back of the motor itself.

Yea the disc is still there. She works fine but when I come to re-shim I’ll need to adjust motor height. I can’t seem to adjust the grub screw to it press against the disc.

On 07/09/2020 at 18:25, Speedbird_666 said:

Will the SHS behave itself better if its installed alongside a warfet?

I recently got a cyma with the same internals and the ROF is a little low for me and i want the warfet to give me 3 shot burst anyway, the first 2 to knock all the leaves out the way to make a path for the third!

I don't want rediculous ROF just 20 i find to be the sweet spot for bursts.

11 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Yea the disc is still there. She works fine but when I come to re-shim I’ll need to adjust motor height. I can’t seem to adjust the grub screw to it press against the disc.

Hmm, not sure what's going on there. Mine uses a 2 or 2.5mm allen I think. Is there even a grub screw in there at all? Might be worth taking the motor cage apart and check what's in there.

20 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Will the SHS behave itself better if its installed alongside a warfet?

I recently got a cyma with the same internals and the ROF is a little low for me and i want the warfet to give me 3 shot burst anyway, the first 2 to knock all the leaves out the way to make a path for the third!

I don't want rediculous ROF just 20 i find to be the sweet spot for bursts.

I think that a proper re-wire will help - I tested the high-speed motor on the stock wiring loom, before changing to 16 gauge Alpha Wire & Gate ASR (place holder MOSFET until I get a Warfet).

13 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Turns out there was still a bit of China in the grub screw and I had to use force to pierce the Allen key through. All sorted. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here she is. I know TG advertise the barrel to be 6.03 but can anyone confirm? Also, does anyone know a remedy for the stock wobble? I know it’s an AK blah blah but it’s got more wobble than I’d like. 

DD0109D7-DCF0-4776-B9F9-9E7F6AAF168B.jpeg

718C4C18-1278-432A-8E4C-50CCE0AA0471.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if it shoots straight no point worrying what the barrel is meant to be.

stock wobble you can try a thin strip of rubber glued under the catch so that when locked it's wedging the stock into the catch.

That’s the thing A-dolf. The consistency isn’t there even after barrel thoroughly cleaned and new o ring on piston head. Was jw if anyone actually knew. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

That’s the thing A-dolf. The consistency isn’t there even after barrel thoroughly cleaned and new o ring on piston head. Was jw if anyone actually knew. 

maybe the nozzle? tends to be one of the few things i tend to replace on cyma/jg boxes.

Barrel diametre doesn't affect consistency as much as you'd think.

First make sure the air seal is spot on (from the piston down to the hop rubber).

As for the wobble, either what Adolf said or you can glue a thin rubber pad directly onto the stock/receiver.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.