Have you ever had your day cut short due to other player's bad behaviour?

BoomingHedgie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This has happened to me twice now!

Most of the sites I go to start the first game at 10:00 and finish the last game around between 16:00 and 17:00.

I remember playing at Apocalypse Airsoft in Kent a year or so ago and the day was cut short at around 15:30 because some huuuuge fat dude got the red mist because a player wasn't calling their hits. He threw his AEG on the ground and ran at this guy like a stampeding Rhinoceros before swinging in like he had windmills attached to his arms. This brawl then broke out between the fat guy and a group of about 4/5 players and the game was called off and everyone was sent home.

Then again on Sunday just gone I was playing at Red1 Chislehurst and the day was cut short at 15:00 because certain players on both teams were screaming and shouting at each other quite aggressively for blind firing, not taking hits, overkills etc. even though the marshalls warned both teams at lunch time to cut the crap out.

Has anyone else had their day of airsoft cut short due to someone else's behaviour?

Did the big lad have short blonde hair?! 

4 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Did the big lad have short blonde hair?! 

If my memory serves me correctly he was bald but I could be wrong!

Sounds very similar to a guy I see at another Kent site. 

Could well imagine it if him. 

Have blogged about this type of behaviour (link in my profile). 

12 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Sounds very similar to a guy I see at another Kent site. 

Could well imagine it if him. 

Have blogged about this type of behaviour (link in my profile). 

Ah ok fair enough. I get why people get annoyed by cheaters or overkills but I'd never start a fight over something like that.

Cool I'll check it out :)

Apparently there was some aggro at our game on sunday which involved someone stepping in to stop it , honestly I think the hot weather is getting to people. The game wasn't stopped, but I believe one or two regulars headed home early because they had had enough , which is a shame if bad behaviour is spoiling it for others.

4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Once had a parent threaten to have me beaten up by a family member who was on their way down if I didn't apologize for having a go at their kid during a safety brief.

Lol that is ridiculous.

Was the kid not paying attention then?

12 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Apparently there was some aggro at our game on sunday which involved someone stepping in to stop it , honestly I think the hot weather is getting to people. The game wasn't stopped, but I believe one or two regulars headed home early because they had had enough , which is a shame if bad behaviour is spoiling it for others.

The hot weather is definitely a contributing factor but people shouldn't let it get to their heads.

There is no excuse for behaving like a bellend IMO.

13 minutes ago, BoomingHedgie said:

Lol that is ridiculous.

Was the kid not paying attention then?

He continuously interrupted game/safety briefs and was making shitty remarks whenever he was asked to keep quiet not just by myself and the other marshal team but also other players. So I called him out on a shitty remark about using semi auto in a certain game area. His dad then collared me (as he was playing as well) asking why I called his kid out in front of anyone, I replied with something along the lines of "if he's big enough to make shitty remarks all day he's big enough to take a chewing out in front of everyone" both were huffy for the rest of the day and haven't seen them since. We wont tolerate it, especially in briefs that include information that is paramount to not only your well being but everyone else on site.

What makes me laugh and its mentioned numerous times in @Dentonboy's blog that people actually turn up to sites thinking they own the place (and its equal shares of your normal skirmisher and your super leet operators) I've seen them all through marshaling and its strange that the demographic fluctuates so much!

Totally agree, Its just a game everyone just wants a fun day out. Talking over the safety briefing irritates the hell out of me , our marshals are good at shutting people who do down, yes you might have heard it before but the kid there for his first game hasn't.

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

He continuously interrupted game/safety briefs and was making shitty remarks whenever he was asked to keep quiet not just by myself and the other marshal team but also other players. So I called him out on a shitty remark about using semi auto in a certain game area. His dad then collared me (as he was playing as well) asking why I called his kid out in front of anyone, I replied with something along the lines of "if he's big enough to make shitty remarks all day he's big enough to take a chewing out in front of everyone" both were huffy for the rest of the day and haven't seen them since. We wont tolerate it, especially in briefs that include information that is paramount to not only your well being but everyone else on site.

Good for you ! Wants to look big in front of everyone, chew him out in front of everyone.

Just now, Nick G said:

Totally agree, Its just a game everyone just wants a fun day out. Talking over the safety briefing irritates the hell out of me , our marshals are good at shutting people who do down, yes you might have heard it before but the kid there for his first game hasn't.

Thing is you never want to have a go at people because that shows its getting to you but this kid I've posted about really got on EVERYONE'S nerves that day as it was stopping us starting games thus taking time away from other paying players. usually we will wait in silence for people to finish their convo's and that usually does the trick, the old adage of "its your time you're wasting not ours"

7 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I think that is pretty fair!

I can't stand cocky little kids. I had a similar experience a couple of months ago and my team and I purposefully went out of our way to find him in each game and shoot him 😂

• Supporters

I have left early from a couple of games over the yrs due to shit behavior and the marshalling team on site doing rock all about it . If this does occur and I had mentioned it to a marshal and got the brush off , then I will go to town letting others know about there shit marshalling on-line .

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I have left early from a couple of games over the yrs due to shit behavior and the marshalling team on site doing rock all about it . If this does occur and I had mentioned it to a marshal and got the brush off , then I will go to town letting others know about there shit marshalling on-line .

I generally avoid sites now that i know or have been told about shit marshaling, I don't want to waste my time or money going to a site if the day will be not up to scratch from the get go and unfortunately I've given some sites more than a fair run before don't bother going back.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I generally avoid sites now that i know or have been told about shit marshaling, I don't want to waste my time or money going to a site if the day will be not up to scratch from the get go and unfortunately I've given some sites more than a fair run before don't bother going back.

Totally agree with you bud , I’ve been to a few sites where the site own says “if you have a problem with a player speak to a marshal , you have a problem with a marshal speak to me”

but I do really think to my self what’s the point ? Poor marshaling is the result of poor management , if the marshals are not controlling the games effectively OR impartially then that shows the site owner isn’t effective either so sorry pal but you’ve just lost the greens fees from 4-8 players as my team won’t be back . 

Just now, Druid799 said:

Totally agree with you bud , I’ve been to a few sites where the site own says “if you have a problem with a player speak to a marshal , you have a problem with a marshal speak to me”

but I do really think to my self what’s the point ? Poor marshaling is the result of poor management , if the marshals are not controlling the games effectively OR impartially then that shows the site owner isn’t effective either so sorry pal but you’ve just lost the greens fees from 4-8 players as my team won’t be back . 

I've seen some right spats from site owners on facebook where they have bitten to criticism which has in turn put me off going to the site before I've even played there! I also refuse to play on a site that welcomes known cheaters/youtube "celebs" after playing against them and been shot within MED's and seen first hand cheating.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

, I’ve been to a few sites where the site own says “if you have a problem with a player speak to a marshal , you have a problem with a marshal speak to me” but I do really think to my self what’s the point

To make the marshals aware of players fails, and site owners aware of a marshalling fail.  How else are they going to know?

I mean, in principle.  In practice, I take your point that whatever you experience at a site is likely to be the rule rather than the exception.

Just now, Rogerborg said:

To make the marshals aware of players fails, and site owners aware of a marshalling fail.  How else are they going to know?

I mean, in principle.  In practice, I take your point that whatever you experience at a site is likely to be the rule rather than the exception.

Does make me wonder why so many people rather than speaking to a member of staff head straight for the review page or forums etc and leaving bad reviews. We've had it before where a someone comes and plays has a bad day for whatever reason and then doesn't speak to us at all about it and just leaves a review instead.... how is that helpful? it isn't!

Without giving people the opportunity to resolve an issue people are sometimes detrimental to themselves.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I've seen some right spats from site owners on facebook where they have bitten to criticism which has in turn put me off going to the site before I've even played there! I also refuse to play on a site that welcomes known cheaters/youtube "celebs" after playing against them and been shot within MED's and seen first hand cheating.

*cough* I know this site*cough* 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

You a reporter by any chance ? Seeing as you’ve taken that section out of the post and changes the whole context of it ? 😉

As I said in the NEXT paragraph it’s not a case of speak to one then walk off in a huff , and then just jump straight on the Internet to complain . Unfortunately far too many sites are run like a private kingdom by the site owners and there team and you know it’s futile trying to resolve the problem .

21 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Believe me its not just "that" celeb its also a few others.

Who is this "celeb" that people keep talking about?

1 minute ago, BoomingHedgie said:

Who is this "celeb" that people keep talking about?

Theres two that i wont play against from personal experience but I'm not going to name and shame as its not constructive. People should just play and make their own minds up.

Ive spoken about them before but "airsoft celebs" annoy the shit out of me anyway as the majority are either dicks to play against or have no fucking clue what they are on about.

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Theres two that i wont play against from personal experience but I'm not going to name and shame as its not constructive. People should just play and make their own minds up.

Ive spoken about them before but "airsoft celebs" annoy the shit out of me anyway as the majority are either dicks to play against or have no fucking clue what they are on about.

Fair enough.

I've yet to come across any "airsoft celebs" but I agree with you and to be honest I don't really care if someone has made a name for themselves in airsoft. As long as they don't have a massive ego and play by the rules then who really gives a sh*t? Same goes for any player really!

3 minutes ago, BoomingHedgie said:

Fair enough.

I've yet to come across any "airsoft celebs" but I agree with you and to be honest I don't really care if someone has made a name for themselves in airsoft. As long as they don't have a massive ego and play by the rules then who really gives a sh*t? Same goes for any player really!

You'd like to think that's how it should be but alas egos and site owners bowing down to that doesn't make for conducive play

Archived