Forum Update - April '18

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

This is a catch-all thread for the recent forum software update. If you've seen a bug or change that popped up after 26/04/18 then consider posting it here if you've got nowhere else to put it.

Well this is new. Experimenting with profile banners?

Screenshot_2018-04-26-13-31-27.png

• Moderators

yeah i saw that on Ps profile about 5 mins ago!!

have you seen the emojis as well....quite a few! :lol:

• Supporters

That is a lot of emojis. We could have entire conversations with the amount of options there. 

• Moderators

haha, i know.....i'll stick to the basics for now!

• Head Moderator

FFS.  What is wrong with just emoticons? Although a sarcasm, snowflake, and man-up one would help.

Animals & nature, and food & drink need to go.

• Moderators
Just now, Jedi_Master said:

FFS.  What is wrong with just emoticons? Although a sarcasm, and man-up one would help.

Animals& nature, and food & drink need to go.

they are a bit 🚾 😂😂😂😂

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - like colour! :rolleyes:

• Root Admin

Wasn't me. I think someone at Invision Power Services just played Deus Ex.

7 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

FFS.  What is wrong with just emoticons? Although a sarcasm, and man-up one would help.

Animals& nature, and food & drink need to go.

We can add custom ones ye know.

• Head Moderator

Too much choice.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Too much choice.

shame they cant let you add two ''likes' instead of the boring black & white emojis!

• Supporters

The menu makes my phone lag like crazy. When I open the menu or try and close it. LG G4C

• Moderators

ill check phone on WIFI and 4G in a bit

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Connection type shouldn't matter as it's preloaded.

Working fine on my end but yeh. I cannot recall if the old one was animated in the same way. This is the black side menu that slides in, right?

When I click the icon a menu pops up with the word 'loading'. It either locks up my browser for a few seconds or is extremely slow. Same goes for closing. 

Choosing an emoji also takes a while to load in, or just freezes completely. 

• Root Admin

Frankly that could be down to the whole server running sluggish right now. It's rebuilding the search index (which usually takes a day or so). I was noticing some lag when I was replying to this thread. Mind checking back tomorrow and seeing if it persists? Sorry :S

• Moderators

Seems ok on my phone....both using data and WiFi 

• Moderators

Seems my emojis on iPhone now appear on here easier..... @Jedi_MasterStill lots but atleast they are colour 😂😂😂

• Moderators
12 hours ago, djben9 said:

Seems my emojis on iPhone now appear on here easier..... @Jedi_MasterStill lots but atleast they are colour 😂😂😂

although weirdly, on the laptop they are black and white...:lol:

if i read this post on lappy, the emojis are B/W

if i read on iphone they are colour....

im off to the pub.........

• Root Admin

A lot of this stuff is to do with new stuff from the newest update. I know it's confusing so in the future I'll open a thread for every major update. For now I'll split and merge some posts in/out of this thread to categorise them better. Will do this a bit later today.

Just to clarify: Similes/emojis are a part of the newest update from yesterday morning. As is the strange tiled backgrounds.

Unfortunately I had no choice but to update as instructed - it was a prerequisite to getting someone to look into the issue we've been having of a corrupted 'datastore' - like the theme etc. that seems to be happening every 7-10 days.

• Moderators

Cheers P, i know they like to force stuff at times so you get support...its the same with autodesk!

• Supporters

Now I'm on PC is see what Ben is on about. Black and white emojis for me too. Strangely enough it doesn't happen on mobile. 

• Supporters

Don’t know if it’s just me. But if you type a post, go to edit it, add a quote, it deletes the text from the edit box, but it’s still there when you post the updated thread? Anyone else anything similar?

Also, top right of this picture. The original signs have disappeared.

AB4ED808-0619-4327-A655-D228582E49DD.png

• Root Admin

Is this a new occurrence? I.e. after the downtime on Thursday morning?

The icons at the top right look like a caching issue on your end. Check if your browser has a 'clear cache' or 'website data' option. It will likely just fix itself in a few days otherwise as most phones will only cache icons and glyphs like that for a few days.

Archived