Grenade launchers

MattCoops91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering as I'm relatively new to airsoft, how do these typea of grenades and launchers work as Ive never seen one in use at any of the sites ive been to but see them a lot on websites? Is that because they dont work very well or arent allowed at many sites or just not economical? I believe theyre called MOSCART?

These launchers

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/cyma-m052-40mm-pistol-grenade-moscart-launcher-black.htm#.V9xqIp_TUwg

And these grenades:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-grenades/big-dragon-40mm-moscart-gas-grenade-72rnd-red.htm

Sorry for the long links and sorry if its a silly question!!!

Thanks for any help!!

I get your new (i'm still picking things up as I go along) but between the descriptions of the products and maybe a youtube look at one in action you cant figure it out?

Answer...

You put the bottom thing in the top thing pull the trigger and spray someone with a shed load of BBs..

Eject empty shell

Repeat

generally shower shells are a mega let down unless you run ones that can run CO2, if you run CO2 though you want a metal launcher.

The basic operation is the "grenade" shell holds a reservoir of gas which when triggered launches a shower of BBs a very short un-hopped distance.

TAG Innovation grenades are far far better but not allowed at some sites.

Yeah got that far mate was more asking why I never see them in use on fields. How effective they are and things of that nature that you cant normally find on videos as I get the impression the majority are sponsored as I rarely hear a bad word said about anything on thw videos I find.

Also was under the impression the entire point of this forum was to get information from people who have used the gear and first hand information or have I missed the point?

generally shower shells are a mega let down unless you run ones that can run CO2, if you run CO2 though you want a metal launcher.

The basic operation is the "grenade" shell holds a reservoir of gas which when triggered launches a shower of BBs a very short un-hopped distance.

TAG Innovation grenades are far far better but not allowed at some sites.

Thanks bud that's really helpful, I assumed it was either a quality issue or something to do with them coming out too fast so a health and safety thing

But your first line says, how do these work?

Im not trying to be arsey and yes I have asked untold stupid questions on here in the past.

But your right, I skipped over your latter question.

Personally I think they are a waste of time and money. You have to see the person your shooting them at, and if you have to rely on 70+ bbs to hit someone in front of you I believe your doing it wrong.

Also I think they can be dangerous as you have no control over where he bbs are going, from a rifle you can choose not to shot/hit the person next to your target whos eyepro has just fallen off, moscarts are blunderbusses and shower the area/target or the person who just stepped out in front of you. I also have seen on two occasions people with moscarts in pouches on their rigs go off shooting all the bbs upwards into the chin and under eyepro of the owner!!

Agree I ran one for a few months

Was perfect in Epsom tunnels as its small and confined anywhere else it was a bit crap

No range and it was hit and miss tbh

It's a giggle but don't expect it to give you an advantage

Fair point bud I was more curious if thwy had to be used in a launcher or they could be thrown etc is what i meant by how do thwy work but i could have posed it better!:)

I'm guessing then they dont have a huge range either from what people are saying?

Just seemed odd to me they seem to be sold everywhere but not used a lot, thought I must have been missing something ha!

you could press the button while holding it..

i think they are just a pain to load and to switch too, and like i said, if you cant get em with your primary..... ;)

Ah sorry

You can in theory use them hand held by pushing the plate in your hand but don't be surprised if you get thrown off the site for doing it

Throwing them will just dent it hehehe

So the only option is a grenade launcher :)

They are the closest thing to a shotgun in airsoft you can get.... even closer than an airsoft shotgun is. I ran my Madbull shells on CO2 and it broke them but while they worked it was amazing, shot my mate in the back with a full shell and he whimpered.... shot a random dude in the bum at around 10m and he called for a marshall for being over shot. I also managed to launch a shot in a mortar fashion and took out a whole bunker full of players from over 30m.... you can see from this they can work, but they can also be OTT on CO2 as the fps will be high and 100+ BBs at high velocity (especially when not expected) is out of order. on gas they are shit though dude, def not worth their cost.

• 1 year later...

They can also be used to shoot foam projectiles to take out tanks, bunkers and players within a specified radious at sites that allow there use

1520293891881.jpg

1520289426973.jpg

1520289392845.jpg

• Supporters

And to chuck a wrench in the works matey I have to prity much disagree with all the negative points , but in the right situation (like ALL Airsoft weapons) there brilliant fun to use . On and off I’ve run them since I started 18+yrs ago . I’ve always run them on propane , more than enuff umph to sling your bbs at the other side ! Big open spaces ? About as much use as a chocolate teapot ! BUT in confined spaces/corridors or rooms ? That’s were it’s meant to be used .

When you come down too it grenade launchers are in the same group as pistols and knives , you literally use it once in a blue moon but when you do and it works out ? 

We are talking serious shits’n’giggles ! 👍

PS don’t worry about the “if you can’t get them with your primary” sort of stuff , not what there ment for , it’s a spread weapon not a  precise target weapon , same sort of thing as a support gun , area denial. 

• Supporters

The issue for me with grenade launchers (and I've used a few) is that they have bugger all range (almost always defeated by having a minimum engagement distance only slightly less than the effective range), if you don't maintain them religiously they have a tendency to just not fire when you really need them to and if you have an underbarrelled one they make your rifle insanely front heavy.

That said, the little Goblin Deuce launchers are great and if you ever get to fire off a few rounds with an ICS or CAW M32 MGL then it WILL put a massive grin on your face!

If you want to experience good range with a shower shell then try a madbull 204 hp shell with co2 and only half fill it with bbs. That will put you pretty much on par with a stock aeg. Alternativly you can make very effective buck shot rounds by hot glueing the bottom of two of those paper souffle cups you get at mc donalds sauce stations together and filling one half with 80 bbs and covering them with a small disc of paper. The edges can then be crimped with your fingers. The end result is a case less 40mm shotgun round wich achives ridicules range when fired with a higg capicity co2 shell such as a madbull pb4, s thunder or tag pro. Grenade launchers present the user with many load options for different situations as long as your haveing fun with it and are a little inventive.

20170512_172221.jpg

• Supporters

tbh i've never seen one used effectively, either due to a lack of range, or missing with a beanbag.

that said, i've yet to encounter a TAG round in action, so maybe they're a bit more effective.

i still plan on getting one some day, if only for ****'s and giggles

The other great thing about grenade launchers is there one of the few types of airsoft weapon you can buy second hand without haveing to worry about them haveing complications from being worn out and abused. The mechs are very simple. If you buy used grenade shells usualy all you have to do is clean and grease them and replace the odd o ring. Ive bought all my launchers used and they have all been good to go. its not uncommon to see m203's change hands for as little as £30. Do your research when buying shells as they will effect the performance more than the launcher itself. Anything madbull thats designed to take co2 is good stuff. Better to buy high quality used shells and service then than to buy badly machined cheap nades new. Price dosent allways dictate quality but like i said research the items your planning on getting. Read the reviews and you can end up with a swee set up that dosent cost the earth. Tag in products kick ass but very expensive for every day use. Thats where foam nades come in as you can rain them down on your targets all day long without spending a penny on anything but co2. Ive hooked up a remote line to a soda stream bottle so i can refill nades in the field. Sits nicley in a p90 mag pouch too.

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that said, i've yet to encounter a TAG round in action, so maybe they're a bit more effective.

If i was gonna get a laucher. Id want it to fire tag shells. There fun to watch go off let alone be  firing  one.   About a £5er a shot  though. 

The motars look good too but like 8 quid a shot

I have that pistol and same type of grenade, these are awesome fun. 

Grest for people not calling they’re hits! Usually always call it and complain once you get them with this 

• Supporters

My version of dealing with terminators is pulling out the mg and my bestest "say hello to my little freind" impression.

Although its annoying when they still arent taking hits, where do you escalate from a solid full auto blasting? :D

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

My version of dealing with terminators is pulling out the mg and my bestest "say hello to my little freind" impression.

Although its annoying when they still arent taking hits, where do you escalate from a solid full auto blasting? :D

Full auto to the face or groin?  Ig that dont  then tag round  tto the chest should 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shaun Haynes said:

Full auto to the face or groin?  Ig that dont  then tag round  tto the chest should 

Well last round we had a chap took full auto to the everywhere, from 6 people, for 30 seconds.

Kinda wish i'd kept the longer barrel in the sig- he'd have noticed that

Archived