hi or mid cap?

paulcotton

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Thought I was going bonkers for a minute. If anything flash mags are noisier because of the zip-zip noise they make lol

I know what you mean. Not as bad as the electric winder on my M249 mag - whiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr, click, click, click!

Flash mags don't need as much winding though which is nice. Mine will do most of the mag on a single wind up.

I thought flash mags were just hi caps with a string attached to the winder? How does that stop the rattle?

It doesn't stop it, but you get less.

Once the string is pulled a few times and the mag is fully wound, every single BB in the mag can be shot before more winds are required, I guess it lines them up or something better than the gear ones do. I haven't noticed any rattle from the mag once wound... That said, unwound mags in my chest rig rattle like a b!tch.

It's preference, one thing I'd say though is that if you like hi caps, before you get too attached to the spinny wheel things on the bottom, get a flash mag or two (google it) - they're the future, but some players still seem skeptical.

I saw a couple of guys running with FlashMags on the weekend. They seemed pretty chuffed with them.

Personally, in a Mid Player as I don't like the constant rattling as I move around.

However, I do always carry one HiCap (packed as much as it can be so it makes as little noise as possible) for those Rambo Moments.

I prefer Mids as it has helped me to pick my targets more carefully and preserve ammo. I used to be a sprayer and putting down untold rounds onto positions just because I could but quickly realised this was no fun and kind of pointless as the rest of the team tended not to use the suppressive fire and move onto the target so now Im more sneaky and mostly stick to semi auto picking targets I can hit.

Cheers for that, the other half told.me I need to get a hobby

The familiarity I'm finding on this forum is hilarious! Apparently devoting ALL your time, money, love and attention to the wife and kiddies is not a "hobby" and not "healthy" for our sanity! Lol.

Rugby was getting too "dangerous". Basketball after a 15yr absence killed my Medial Collateral and Head-Fi (Headphone hifi) is too "nerdy". It's Airsoft's turn!! 😈

The familiarity I'm finding on this forum is hilarious! Apparently devoting ALL your time, money, love and attention to the wife and kiddies is not a "hobby" and not "healthy" for our sanity! Lol.

Rugby was getting too "dangerous". Basketball after a 15yr absence killed my Medial Collateral and Head-Fi (Headphone hifi) is too "nerdy". It's Airsoft's turn!!

Hey my miss is the boss she says!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.