new airsofter and two tone.

da3yroldscrub

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, i want to get into airsoft and im going to try to get my dad to get ukara but the only field near me requires you to bring your own gun to games if you want to get ukara, you cant hire guns! So i was wondering, do two tone guns give away your position in woodland much? And is it worth getting a cheap gun then when I get ukara buy the cm16 raider in black? Thanks for your time!

When I started last year, I bought a g&g cm16, as it was coming upto Autumn & the ground was muddy, I rubbed mud into the body to dull down the bright green

• Moderators

id go for 2T and paint the surrounding area idea, its the only way :D, make sure you wear matching camo as well so you really do blend in :)

i hear they are easy to change back when legally** aloud and some say its cheaper to buy a 2T and then you save on renting on the day, so just the walk on fee....i missed the post before my first game so not really worth it now.

if your worried, just tape it up or buy some camo to cover it up on the day

** please dont take my legal comments as gospel but refer to the forum for clarity!

i'll get my coat!

• Root Admin

Er, what's your point? You've just said you have no alternative if you can't rent.

A lot of people buy new furniture that isn't painted - i.e. new handguard and stock (not more than £50) or use the power spray. Again, it does work even with Krylon 2-tone jobs, but it takes a long time and a lot of people just give up or complain that it's not working.

• Supporters

it is possible but it would just be a waste of money to buy 2 of the same gun

Why would you need to buy 2 of the same gun?

Get a two tone and either strip it or spray over it with a can of black Krylon.

Neither option is difficult or expensive.

You cant get a much cheaper skirmishable gun than a Raider so dont really understand where your coming from.

Listen to the advice you have been given from the knowledgeable people. They do normally know what they are talking about.

• Supporters

A 2-tone Raider from Zero One was a bit of a bitch to do but I was on a mission coz I'm a fussy so n so

I got 99.5% of the ris by soaking it overnight in Fairy Power Spray and knackered 2 toothbrushes in process

(don't clean teeth with it ffs - but had a tiny kiddies one for nooks n crannies)

got inside and out - jeez them mofo's boat it on but a couple of tiny specks remained and I really mean tiny tiny

kept the white numbers on ris - yeah it didn't fall off but it did work very very well - trick is to soak it overnight

then scrub, repeat and after 2 or soaks its nigh on done, scrape gently any tiny bits off blah blah blah....

Flash hider came up well, the crane stock wasn't coming up that good

and I think its still soaking in some ice cram tub in my garage coz I forgot about it as I replaced it for a fixed stubby M4 stock

Yup easier to just respray it Krylon or Plastikote - think Plastikote is a more matt sheen to it plus easy to get from screwfix & other places

If it don't come out brilliantly perfect or you haven't got OCD like moi - so f*cking what, just spray it

(I went nuts on ris but tbh sod the rest of gun's flash/stock - scrub or sand & respray it)

Its a starter gun, get ukara'd and from then on you never have to really worry no more as you will just buy RIF's from then on

and most of us do not judge people by the colour of their guns or look down on the 2-tone players - we all started somewhere

Well we might have a smile at somebody who packs a JBBG coz they believed that chubby lying clown - that was me not so long ago

(I'd rather have well rounded 2-tone Raider player than some ultra high end chap with his head up his ar$e)

• Supporters

Just to clarify the legal situation: removing the bright colour or covering it with tape or paint is referred to in law as "Manufacturing a Realistic Imitation Firearm" which is illegal unless the defence applies to you. In order for the defence to apply to you, for our purposes, the RIF must have been manufactured in order that it be used for airsoft. Neither the law nor the guidelines actually define what the legal test is for whether an RIF was manufactured for airsoft or not, but a photo of you using it at a UKARA registered site is without any doubt at all proof that you did in fact use it for airsoft and being a member of this forum before the deed was done proves interest in airsoft, so any potential prosecutor would be hard pressed to convince a jury that the intention to use the gun for airsoft was not present at the moment of manufacture (BTW this applies to anyone regardless of age: u18's cannot buy any AEG's 2-tone or RIF, but they can manufacture them legally).

None of that actually matters however, since the Association of Chief Police Officers stated that the VCRA, as it applies to us, is unenforcible, which is no doubt why there have been no even attempted prosecutions for de-two-toning AEG's. Just to be on the absolute safe side, you could take your two-tone to a skirmish at least once before you strip/paint it, but if i were you, i wouldn't bother. The law is an ass, but it is the law and we must abide by it. That does not mean however that we must make life more difficult for ourselves than it need be. You cannot buy an RIF without a defence and in your case you cannot get proof of a defence without a gun, so buy a two tone and strip it immediately.

As our sentencially challenged mate Duck says, Fairy Power Spray does work, you just have to also apply some elbow grease. Painting over two-tone is a far less satisfactory solution for several reasons: paint costs more than power spray; even if you use several coats of paint and varnish it will get scratched and obviously bright colours show up through even minute grazes, particularly against black, and look decidedly less than cool...

...which is important because looking cool is not only good for the soul in general, it is very good for moral, specifically when you're in a timed game and knowing that you are TDB and you are going to conquer and get some, etc is what is going to make the difference between your team stuck behind hard cover taking pointless pot shots at extreme range against enemy also behind hard cover, happy to run the clock down, and 2/3/4 of you leap frogging across the distance using minimal cover but suppressing the enemy with concentrated fire on their cover by those not moving so the mover/s do/es/n't get hit, who then take/s over firing as t/he/y hit/s the dirt, and so on until one of you pops round the enemy's cover and ends their participation (soldiering 101: Violence Of Action intimidates the enemy & starts with moral).

Plus a completely de-two-toned gun has more resale value than a painted over two-tone.

actually a chap got done recently for painting an orange gun black, but he was in possession of it in the street. He got it confiscated when it was orange, then the police gave it back to him. He then painted it black and got caught with it on him and nicked.

To be fair, anyone waving an airsoft rifle around in the street deserves to get nicked. We all try for our guns to be as badass and realistic looking as possible, so its not really on to wave it around, terrify people and expect them to know what it is.

All that aside......just buy a good rifle, get it two toned. If you buy from patrol base or land warrior, then they two tone it very nicely. They pretty much guess it will be changed and only do a few big easily changed bits.

Then, apply power spray, soak and strip. If you dont like hard work, buy kraylon, and then spray it. Leave it to dry and harden over a few days, and put it back on the gun.

• Supporters

actually a chap got done recently for painting an orange gun black, but he was in possession of it in the street. He got it confiscated when it was orange, then the police gave it back to him. He then painted it black and got caught with it on him and nicked.

Aha! Thanks for correcting me. Do you know where this happened? Or who reported it? Linky? It does sound like they piled as many charges onto it as possible to make sure he got done as much as possible, but i'd also like to know whether he plead guilty or tried to contest the charge. Sounds like a right cock mind...

• Supporters

Bloody hell, the Metro's search engine is fucking useless! :angry:

• Moderators

Bloody hell, the Metro's search engine is f*cking useless! :angry:

yeah i tried looking yesterday, read something else about an enhanced nerf gun instead! haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.