Good AK's?

Blackjack Sam

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello! I've recently become invested in the sport of Airsoft, and for my first gun, I was looking to pick up an AK-47 / 74. I was wondering, what brands / guns are the best? What's a good starter AK? How easy are the guns to maintain? If you have any answers, please post them below as it will save me SOO much time. Thank you!

• Supporters

Hello! I've recently become invested in the sport of Airsoft, and for my first gun, I was looking to pick up an AK-47 / 74. I was wondering, what brands / guns are the best? What's a good starter AK? How easy are the guns to maintain? If you have any answers, please post them below as it will save me SOO much time. Thank you!

welcome sir

I STRONGLY advise you to consider giving this a read:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

as it will save us SOO much time

almost any gun will do but don't decide on just one gun type when there are the common ak m4 g36 + some others

read up a little - watch a few vids maybe to see if you wanna have a go skirmishing or just plink in ya garden

pop along for a day & rent a gun at a site to truely test the water first and see for yourself players guns n crap

Don't get me wrong I love to wipe n feed people, but feel you need to do a little bit more research

before I'll just say get a Cyma - damn it I'm doing it all again.....

seriously - have a little read up first please - a LOT of answers are in some of them guides

and a load more answers to questions you haven't thought of yet are in there too

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

welcome to the world of big boy toy guns, just avoid jumping in and buying crap from sites with BB in their names

(my only quest in life is to limit how rich JambWow gets from new players taking up the sport - wish somebody stopped me making same mistakes)

From what I've heard and seen Cyma ak's are great quality for the price and built like a tank. However I don't own one personally so you might wana ask about. (Also I've heard that Taiwangun are really good for them due to price or something)

• Supporters

Hmm, i'd say from about £150 to £400, of course if its cheaper its better, but you know :P

OK, do you have your UKARA details yet?

• Supporters

Cyma's are good and TWG are probably one of best places to get 028's from

(or higher end ones)

dont get the slightly cheaper even more plastic cyma/spartac rebranded ones

springs will need to be downgraded for UK (free from Gunfire/TaiwanGun)

but as Lozart just pointed out you will need ukara

Just got my self an E&l Ak74. Slightly higher end than cyma and the externals are finished better. But as duck said if you are very new to airsoft you need to do some research first before buying your first gun and if you can get ukara before buying your gun.

Can only endorse the CYMA AK series. www.taiwangun.com will see you right (if you have UKARA).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.