Is this accurate for 30m distance (100ft)

inSUBout

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am fairly new to airsoft and I am wondering if my rifle has:

1. bad accuracy compared to normal
  2. average accuracy compared to normal
  3. good accuracy
  4. very good

The situation is shooting an A4 peice of paper at a 30 meter distance (100 foot) and hitting the peice of paper 9.5 times out of 10. I am using 0.25g blaster BB's.

My rifle is a gas (running propane) GHK G5, with carbine kit. S(pic attached)

Be honest if my guns accuracy is really bad! I just want to know

thanks alot

How do you find your new gun in comparison?

Accuracy is dependent on the range you are usually engaging. I play a lot of cqb were range is on average 5-15 meters. Shooting at that range means I can get a tight grouping when shooting paper target. Which means it's possible to select where you want to shoot someone.

At 40-50meters this will widen to a human size target. This dosnt mean that the gun is inaccurate. Just means that you are shooting at .25g bb using gas ( which is subject to pressure,cooling, etc ) through a moving atmosphere ( wind ) held by a human who is is unable to be completely still.

If you are able to reliable hit a person with a short burst of bbs (5) at the max range you wish to engage, than you gun is accurate.

Would also like to to say;

Higher fps dosnt mean more accurate.

How do you find your new gun in comparison?

Accuracy is dependent on the range you are usually engaging. I play a lot of cqb were range is on average 5-15 meters. Shooting at that range means I can get a tight grouping when shooting paper target. Which means it's possible to select where you want to shoot someone.

At 40-50meters this will widen to a human size target. This dosnt mean that the gun is inaccurate. Just means that you are shooting at .25g bb using gas ( which is subject to pressure,cooling, etc ) through a moving atmosphere ( wind ) held by a human who is is unable to be completely still.

If you are able to reliable hit a person with a short burst of bbs (5) at the max range you wish to engage, than you gun is accurate.

Would also like to to say;

Higher fps dosnt mean more accurate.

Hi,

thanks for your reply, that is interesting, I will try the shorter distance/tight grouping ! thanks!

Clipped it on the last shot? Lol

If your really nerdy about accuracy, you can clamp the gun in place on a table or something, and possibly shoot indoors to remove wind and human wobble factors. Tbh, gun sounds fine though

Very quick question. How do you hit a target 9.5 times? ;)

I mean 9.5/10, or 90% of the time :) lol. I have made a video of it in action, I have done some tweaking on the rifle to work OK at 140 feet. I will post the youtube link shortly

I mean 9.5/10, or 90% of the time :) lol. I have made a video of it in action, I have done some tweaking on the rifle to work OK at 140 feet. I will post the youtube link shortly

Just to be picky and having mild OCD with figures etc 9.5/10 would be 95%. Phew, that feels better

Just to be picky and having mild OCD with figures etc 9.5/10 would be 95%. Phew, that feels better

Lol if OCD people didn't exsist then nothing wouldn't be almost perfect ;)

Based on the video I would say your accuracy is about average, its pretty similar to my tar 21 that has a load of upgrades in it (it was quite a bit worse than this without them).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.