Coming to london, where to play

Jumper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,
my name is Kristiyan. I am playing airsoft for 1 year and i have my own gear and gun replica. I'am 17years old. After 10 days I'm flying to London and i will be there for 1 month. (just visiting my father who is working there)
I'am wondering if i can play airsoft with you because of my age. here you are some photos of me :)1796999_965163826867416_379574671017688711270676_10204055519934470_5206858799140
11212599_977992622251203_242137274916942

• Supporters

hope you can bring in your stuff ok - if you have any membership of local club best bring it with you

maybe somebody in legal area can help but 18+ to buy any aeg/airsoft weapon

but not illegal for under 18 year old to own one so if you think that is confusing....

Even we don't always fully understand our airsoft laws/rules/regulations

where abouts in London - North or South - give us a rough location and perhaps we can give you some local sites

but unsure if you can bring your own stuff over due to our strict UKARA & VCRA laws

I'm sure there are ways to get stuff into UK without smuggling it in in boot of car or baggage

but unsure so I am not gonna advise coz I know next to jack $hit on this subject

Eastern London, Zone 3
Hmm another option is to buy g&g body from UK and customise it with handguard and stock.
I've hearded about Bunker 51 only :)
Greetings, Jumper

The best thing I can advise is

Send an email to the company your using to get over here to get there rules on airsoft weapon transport

Send an email to the UK customs & border to get there rules on airsoft weapon transport

Email local British police to get there rules on airsoft weapon transport

Print of any information they give you & carry it along with any membership details of your local site

I know it's going to take a while & alot of hassle but the more preparation + research you do, shows your are more than responsible

Worst case is to always have several back up plans when you get into the UK

Good ideas guys, thanks a lot.

I've got a new idea. When i come to London, i will build a new gun and then i will get it to my country.

In Bulgaria the fps limit for assaut riffle is 425fps (130m/s) and the permissible distance is 10meters. If you want to shoot closer your gun should be for CQB: 330fps (100m/s)

I see that in UK the limit is 330fps so i will build a 330fps gun and when i take it to Bulgaria it will be for CQB only :) nice :)

Can you give me some information of where i can play in eastern London :)

• Supporters

Serious site in Dartford - Sandpit

google up: "sandpit dartford airsoft"

vids n stuff - no 2-tones allowed - runs on Sundays

real serious airsoft - I've not been myself coz I just pi$$ about with my toy guns

Tunnel site in Epsom - google "epsom tunnels airsoft"

one word - DARK actually two words - F*CKING DARK

gotta be experienced I would say - a bit full on but reckon you must go there

there are others like my more cheap n cheerful one but not for the pro's

Mall in Reading is a bit far from East London but in centre of Reading right by train station

so it can be experienced and reached by train very easily

google "the mall reading airsoft"

yup Sandpit perhaps if you want a serious game maybe,

but deffo tunnels and mall as they are 2 very different sites to normal woodland ones

+1 with trigger happy, i play at the mall, i would choose that over B51 any day, honestly.

Your best bet would be to contact the airline you're travelling with and see their policy's & age restrictions for transporting RIF's via plane.

If they dont allow it, get a train to london, and from london, get a train to reading!

I suppose it's a bit useless to repeat what others have said, but my friend came to the UK from Finland with a P90 and an M4 for NAE 2014 on a plane. He contacted them several times before hand, so when he checked in at the airport, they had a note saved, security and police checked his guns, (in the middle of the airport...oops lol) to make sure they were fake, and once they gave the green light, they let him on the plane. He said it was about 30 minutes extra to deal with in Helsinki and 30 minutes to deal with in Heathrow. But yes, just inform everyone you think it might affect.

Lol why do you say the sandpit is serious? Its a good sight though to play, slightly awkward to get to if your coming in by train though as you will have to get a bus from the station to bluewater then walk up a bastard of a hill. It is worth the climb though :)

Serious site in Dartford - Sandpit

• Supporters

Hi while i cant say anything about the transport of RIFs to the UK from Bulgaria i would say just do the above checks as people above have mentioned.

As for sites you say you are in East London Zone 3

Other sites i would care to mention are Dragons Lair Airsoft and Billericay Airsoft as they are fairly nearby.

As for Shops i would point you towards Airsoft Zone in Romford though they are very strict in players having UKARA

• Supporters

Lol why do you say the sandpit is serious? Its a good sight though to play, slightly awkward to get to if your coming in by train though as you will have to get a bus from the station to bluewater then walk up a bastard of a hill. It is worth the climb though :)

Just they don't allow 2-tone or clear guns etc....

Which always struck me as a little picky or a way to boost rentals I guess

If I wanna turn up with a vivid 2-tone nearly all bright orange and catch my opponents eye

then that is down to me if I wish to appear on their visual radar as cannon fodder

yup it could give away my teams stealthy assault or attempted flank but I'd never follow a team mate all cammo'd

if I was wearing bright vivid colours, shouting loud gobby remarks like "IT'S OK IT LOOKS CLEAR OVER HEAR", with a loud looking gun

Any other site, they don't seem to give a crap about 2-tones so it kinda struck me as "wow, ffs chaps it is still a toy gun whatever the colour"

Just they don't allow 2-tone or clear guns etc....

Ah I see, I think it was the result of some poll they did a few years ago about whether to allow them or not.

I'd leave the gun at home and either rent or buy a two tone G&G and sell it after your last skirmish. Remember that most guns in UK are sold with higher FPS than allowed on sites, buy a spring and have it installed (or install it yourself if you intend to bring tools)

Epsom Bunker is the only site currently running that I've played at... it's INTENSE, and super fun!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.