Name/Identification Patches; for others to address you in airsoft.

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best for airsoft.

• Surname
    • Forename
    • Forename + Surname
    • Nickname
    • Any of the above.

So, in an adequately illuminated environment having your name written on you is of excellent help to others in communicating with you.

Should people get patches made with their Surname, First name, or a nickname (like online handles for forums/games etc)?

I have tan patches with my surname on so they stand out more on my green gear.

My surname is also part of a building. Pretty crap for receiving instructions actually.

:(

I think I'm going to go with Surname (to add authenticity) on arms and forename on helmet, or something like that.

I sometimes wear a patch with my firstname on it. But honestly no one notices and uses it in my experience so far. I think it is a good idea, but until its more widespread you aren't going to see all that much use out of it.

In theory a good idea. But unless its on both arms, Back. Helmet. Chest. Gun. And both ass cheeks the chances of someone seeing it and using it as an identification is low so pretty pointless....

That being said i voted for any of the above...

If someone was to call out my Name, Surname or nickname it would get my attention so would work.

Unless in a milsim where id patches could be encourraged (and all roughly in the same body area) people wear a vast array of kit, loadouts and costumes at a skirmish the idea wouldnt really work..

• Supporters

So, the cost of patches, lets assume a fiver per patch:

2 shoulders, front, back, hat/helemet = £25
which someone can still completely ignore.

for a fiver more you can change your name by deedpoll to 'oiyou *keep your last name*' and it;ll be right every time + it will be usable in everyday life.

I tend to find people whom you have never met before aren't that offended if you ask their name or just get their attention by throwing a stick at them and THEN asking their name.

People know me by my nickname... I have a velcro name-tape thingy on my gun bag, but it is a little too big to fit onto my clothing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.