Another new guy!

MrMcG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All,

A new guy to the sport it has really started to catch my eye over the last few weeks and im just trying to drum up some interest with my mates at the moment to come join me on a day!

This seems to be my nearest club ( unless anyone knows better im around Grove park/Bromley area )

I have also found out that I need a license to hold the realistic looking airsoft guns which isnt a problem from what I understand i need to attend 3 events in a year then i can apply for one.

I do sadly have a few questions ( sorry )

Are their rules to what and how many guns you can carry/use or is it to your discretion

If you are hit are you out of the game/round ?

Clothing i assume most people just use military clothing for the games?

Anything else that i should be aware of?

Sorry for the questions :)

Cheers

Brian

• Supporters

This seems to be my nearest club ( unless anyone knows better im around Grove park/Bromley area )

what one ??? - my local nooby friendly TWA is in Croydon/Addington near White Bear pub....

Each game is different - usually you have xxx lives or unlimited lives on time attacking games against the clock

(defending team has 1 life - so idea if attacking you just go nutz so to speak)

Sometimes you respawn 30 paces back, other off an alive team mate's shoulder, other times in zombie games you become infected = zombie and join enemy team - it will all vary and be explained

But no - if you got shot in the morning you ain't out for the whole day

UKARA ain't a license as such - you are entered onto a database of saddo's playing with realistic looking but still toy guns

there is no license but you won't be the first or last person to refer to it as license - it is just a defense to buy nicer toy guns

Clothing - wear what you like at most places unless they are the ultra serious sites like Mil Sims

(please no vivid bright colours if possible - the stealthy players get the hump if you follow them in day glow pink)

No stark bollock naked is not advised - it will put off other players but kudos if you like to really feel and take your hits

Good boots or at very least trainer boots will help you slipping ar$e over tit - but even with all pro stuff you will still trip up now n then

Hire a gun for a few games is best advice - DO NOT BUY $HIT FROM JBBG thinking it will be ok - it won't

Firstly it's not a licence, but a defence. It's common misinformation, seems to have been passed around by the bad retailers (i.e. 'BB guns for 'x' or 'x' BB guns etc)

But yeah you need to do three games within a year and not in under 2 months. Easiest to do all three at the same site then they know you and you can fill in the form to get it at the third one.

1) As many as you want I guess, never seen rules against it. But every gun you are going to use must be chrono'd at start of the day, so that they are known to be shooting within appropriate velocity limits. So if you turned up with like 10 then I imagine they would say no to doing them all but I can't imagine anyone brings over 4 each.

2) Depends on the game type, usually 'medic then dead' So if you are hit somebody may be able to run over, 'medic' you (hand on you for 10 seconds usually) and then you are back in, unless either of you were hit again during that time.

Then second time you are hit it is a walk back to the nearest 'base' which is some point(s) the marshalls have designated

Some scenarios you will only have one life per round so then you go to the safe zone

3) Yeah most people will have bought military clothing but a lot of people who are new will turn up in normal clothes. At an outdoor site you should get overalls to wear for the day included in the hire package. Would be a good idea to buy some military gear if you get into airsoft, most people just go for UK surplus stuff (MTP or DPM) or US M81 because it is cheap and easily available.

There are brands like Helikon / Teesar / Mil-Tec / Bulle / Emerson to name just a few who also make good quality and affordable clothing.

3 / 4 ) Good footwear and eye protection is a must (if you are hiring then you will get a face mask included though)

Grand thanks for clearing that up :)

My nearest is this i believe http://www.airsoftgb.com/ does anyone go to this place?

The place I have seen for airsoft at the moment is this one if anyone has had experience

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/

I havent dealt with them before so if anyone has that would be cool or a shop or two that i should look at.

I dont intend on going gun wacky so to speak but have seen a few AR and Rifles that i like with a couple of hand guns to compliment

I have an army surpluss store near me so I shall happily raid that for clothing my missus will think im nut LOL

I honestly have to admit it does sound a hoot this cant wait to get going

• Supporters

http://www.tacticalwarfare.co.uk/

Surplus Store - That place is in Crawley - not bad think Lord Metile got his ICS from there

it ain't bad - not ultra cheap but at least you can go down there

another place is pro airsoft supplies in London

Please at the very least try rent first, it ain't for everybody but it is better than paintball imho

much cheaper but problem is once you start - you become so hooked you gotta get more n more crap than you could ever need

ooh that looks nice is the story of my life - and numerous other members on here

When playing there is really 2 main things to remember

Don't be a dick - covers most safety stuff - remove mag and clear gun, don't remove mask until safe zone (no mag or bb in gun)

most safety stuff is just common sense but listen and follow all instruction by marshals etc......

Call your hits - if you get hit by a bb or if you think you are hit - CALL IT

One hit even on ya toe/elbow and you are hit/out/dead - last thing you want is to be tested

This is when people mention you may not be calling hits and you get lit up by a marshal and or other players may join in

really bad case of non hit taking could mean asked to leave - so as games rely on fair play - call it even if if you think was that a maybe ??

It ain't COD - 1 shot = you are out, don't argue and don't inform you m8's where that git was that shot you

(dead men tell no tales etc... but hey I made that mistake at first and some others but you do get a bit pumped up on first game)

Seriously - don't be a dick & call your hits - even if that to$$er isn't calling his

Don't take it too seriously - it is just a game with toy guns

good eye pro should be worn or supplied - well if not they won't let you play

the rest of ya loadout or clothes can be whatever you like - jeans n trainers or some s/hand army stuff from fleabay

Get out there, meet some new people and shoot them, get your toes wet and see how you go

http://www.tacticalwarfare.co.uk/

Surplus Store - That place is in Crawley - not bad think Lord Metile got his ICS from there

it ain't bad - not ultra cheap but at least you can go down there

another place is pro airsoft supplies in London

Please at the very least try rent first, it ain't for everybody but it is better than paintball imho

much cheaper but problem is once you start - you become so hooked you gotta get more n more crap than you could ever need

ooh that looks nice is the story of my life - and numerous other members on here

When playing there is really 2 main things to remember

Don't be a dick - covers most safety stuff - remove mag and clear gun, don't remove mask until safe zone (no mag or bb in gun)

most safety stuff is just common sense but listen and follow all instruction by marshals etc......

Call your hits - if you get hit by a bb or if you think you are hit - CALL IT

One hit even on ya toe/elbow and you are hit/out/dead - last thing you want is to be tested

This is when people mention you may not be calling hits and you get lit up by a marshal and or other players may join in

really bad case of non hit taking could mean asked to leave - so as games rely on fair play - call it even if if you think was that a maybe ??

It ain't COD - 1 shot = you are out, don't argue and don't inform you m8's where that git was that shot you

(dead men tell no tales etc... but hey I made that mistake at first and some others but you do get a bit pumped up on first game)

Seriously - don't be a dick & call your hits - even if that to$$er isn't calling his

Don't take it too seriously - it is just a game with toy guns

good eye pro should be worn or supplied - well if not they won't let you play

the rest of ya loadout or clothes can be whatever you like - jeans n trainers or some s/hand army stuff from fleabay

Get out there, meet some new people and shoot them, get your toes wet and see how you go

Thank you for the input, seeing as that place is in croydon its even closer :)

Also looking at that shop online some good stuff in there!

I will most definetly rent first probably the first couple of times as ill need to buy a two tone gun otherwise and then either spray it or get another when im allowed to get the replica models.

Hahahaha it sounds like my other hobbies more gear than sense ill just hide it all in the loft then it wont count right!?!? I have only done Paintball once and although i enjoyed it I felt a bit letdown by the whole experience the replica guns used will add to that for me.

Thank's for the advice i would call all shots as you say its for fun and once one person starts to "bend" the rules it can quickly escalate and ruin it for others all i want is to have a laugh at the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the help and pointers it does help a great deal

• Supporters

Look around by all means, try it and if you get hooked you are only 2 more games off ukara

Then you can get a realistic RIF than a 2-tone if you can wait a bit

However - you could get a 2-tone and it may wear or get splashed ahem on it if you can't wait 2 months

G&G's are good M4's, Cyma AK's or JG G36's are usual first starter guns - costing £100 to £150

do not be fooled into a £70 gun will be ok - it won't so avoid getting mislead from sites with "BB" in their names

Get out there n rent - a 5,000 bag of bb's is a tenner and will last you 2 days maybe more

much much cheaper than paintball pellets - jeez my wallet took a bashing when I went paintballing

plus there was marshals with heads up their own ar$es, older players chucking money at shop in desperate attempt to win at all costs

(to$$er team still came 3rd - mine came last, but the other two teams just left everybody else standing - but jeez 3rd team was ultra ar$eholes)

Guest PT247

the guys at Crawley Surplus Store are ace, really helpful and knowledgable. You even get a free game day at Dogtag Airsoft Holmbush if you buy a gun from them too I think!

Brilliant,

There is a few models that i like

P90

Scar or Famas

Colt 1911 and a smaller h/g

Sniper rifle of some sorts

I think thats what i want to build my arsenal to and maybe the good ol D'eagle for laughs.

Im sure over time that could grow massively hahahaha

I can imagine my partner shaking her head already lmao

My nearest is this i believe http://www.airsoftgb.com/ does anyone go to this place?

The place I have seen for airsoft at the moment is this one if anyone has had experience

http://www.airsoftgb.com/come-and-play/

Book a gun or bring your own

If you want to come and play Airsoft at Airsoft GB, then with us it doesn’t matter if you don’t own your own gun – you can hire one from us.You must book your gun and walk-on in advance of an event day. YOU CAN NOT JUST TURN UP AT AN EVENT.

As we are UKARA registered the guns that we hire out to our players are all black or well camouflaged (it can make all the difference in battle), making it as close to the real thing as possible. If you are bringing your own gun then unless you are a UKARA member then your gun must be two toned, otherwise your Airsoft gun is illegal and we can’t permit it to be used on site. If you are looking to become UKARA registered then if you play on Airsoft GB 3 times within a year (in no less than 3 months) then we can register you! This will mean that you can have your own black gun! Find out more about UKARA here"

This is utter BS right?

• Supporters

jeez some sites are full of more crap than me - I'm loaded with crap btw

Yeah bollox - if me & duck jnr turn up then he not got ukara so he got use a jbbg or 2-tone

jeez - so why the f*ck can a newbie rental have a RIF and others gotta have an IF

f*ck off trying to quote the vcra to us ffs - it is about buying a RIF - owning/gifting/is totally different

Oh and here's one for the site's legal team - say I bought my RIF before VCRA came along - perfectly legal back then

So do they insist on people providing a UKARA number when booking a skirmish? Seems more likely to be a hastily written badly worded bit of bollocks rather than anything they'd enforce.

Airsoft is one of those things where you try it once and you dream about it. You wake up in the middle of the night, get your gun out and clear the house with your flashlight/laser combo, then go back to bed happy (I really hope this aint just me?!)

But some tips on a serious note

-Do hire, while you look around at other peoples gear

-Ask friendly players if you can see their gun (most need no excuse to show off their baby)

-A friend of mine got an M16, and after one day wished he got something shorter and lighter. I like to get stuck in and quite like the sting from getting shot in CQB, so i use an SMG

- Do get stuck in. My experiences and enjoyment have improved massively by pushing forwards and getting up close and personal (the banter is better too haha)

- Don't be put off by Polymer guns. They are nowhere near as weak as you would initially think, and much lighter than a full metal RIF

- Stick with players who know their way round the site you attend. You will learn very quickly

- Don't take it too seriously on gameday. There is no real winner really, it's just massively fun

- Wear full seal glasses/mask. I've seen too many near-misses, luckily never witnessed a proper eye injury.

Hope you take something from this, and enjoy the first time you get stuck alone in a room with enemy players pulling their pin on their TRMR's ;)

Airsoft is one of those things where you try it once and you dream about it. You wake up in the middle of the night, get your gun out and clear the house with your flashlight/laser combo, then go back to bed happy (I really hope this aint just me?!)

But some tips on a serious note

-Do hire, while you look around at other peoples gear

-Ask friendly players if you can see their gun (most need no excuse to show off their baby)

-A friend of mine got an M16, and after one day wished he got something shorter and lighter. I like to get stuck in and quite like the sting from getting shot in CQB, so i use an SMG

- Do get stuck in. My experiences and enjoyment have improved massively by pushing forwards and getting up close and personal (the banter is better too haha)

- Don't be put off by Polymer guns. They are nowhere near as weak as you would initially think, and much lighter than a full metal RIF

- Stick with players who know their way round the site you attend. You will learn very quickly

- Don't take it too seriously on gameday. There is no real winner really, it's just massively fun

- Wear full seal glasses/mask. I've seen too many near-misses, luckily never witnessed a proper eye injury.

Hope you take something from this, and enjoy the first time you get stuck alone in a room with enemy players pulling their pin on their TRMR's ;)

Epic post! :)

I can see myself setting some targets up at home for "sweeping" haha

I think i have managed to convince one of my friends to come he is a large fella so was worried about the running around and being a big target but from the vids i have seen that shouldnt make a difference.

I did wonder about the gun issue and its one the reasons why id build up a mini armoury i think at least then i can pick what suits me best, like you I will prob use an SMG but i do love the look of the Scar/Famas aswell so they can be a party piece :)

I have seen some full face masks which i will buy i dont fancy telling my boss i cant come to work because i got shot in the eye with an airsoft gun ( him being an ex sergant major ) i would be hounded for days on end hahaha.

I cant see myself not enjoying it and its a great way to meet new people so its win win.

• Supporters

Brilliant,

There is a few models that i like

P90

Scar or Famas

Colt 1911 and a smaller h/g

Sniper rifle of some sorts

I think thats what i want to build my arsenal to and maybe the good ol D'eagle for laughs.

Im sure over time that could grow massively hahahaha

I can imagine my partner shaking her head already lmao

SCAR. Buy a SCAR they're ace and the people that own them are automatically 50% more attractive to the opposite sex.

Most 1911s are a bit pants though. The problem is the size of the gas reservoir in the magazine being a bit small so on anything other than the Tokyo Marui models (which have a plastic slide) the gas efficiency is poor and well....it's just disappointing. The Tokyo Marui ones are better but still not totally great. I was gutted to sell mine though (Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU), they just look right to me.

The ONLY rule about how many guns you can own is that the ideal number of guns is the number of guns you own plus one.

Welcome to the madhouse/money pit! :D

SCAR. Buy a SCAR they're ace and the people that own them are automatically 50% more attractive to the opposite sex.

I hear this % is doubled if you get a TM recoil version!

Welcome to the forum.

Airsoft is great for meeting people.

Ive met lots of people since I started playing a couple of years back.

Its not necessary to run about and there is a good social scene once you get established.

I discovered within a year or so that I prefer milsims to skirmishes and I belong to a group that plays three milsims a year around the M25 orbit with the option for other stuff in between.

Thanks all :)

Looks like i have my first game planned with my mate

next wednesday at Epsom Tunnels just making sure we can make it at, Looking forward to it get these 3 games under my belt then I can purchase my own weapons.

As for loadout and gear I cant help but think of copying the SAS layout from the OLD cod days with the gas mask hehehe I guess thats what this is about enjoying and mimicking who and what you admire.

It is a cracking site.... but you will 90% of the time get shot out by your own team lol. Great vid

Hahahahah

Excellent we are looking at some safety gear at the moment. ( well a helmet and goggles at the moment )

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.