First gun

Pmale1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to airsoft and have attended 3 events so far and can now purchase a gun without the two tone paint job. As it stands I'm set to buy a CYMA Colt M4 CQB any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

It seems everyone on this site loves CM16s. I've seen loads of people suggest it now...

Value for money, great performance .... they work straight out the box (add battery & bb's etc), on the whole they seem to have very very few defects .... they just get the job done, and are know regularly to show up some more expensive weapons ;) ... and no one expects it from a £130 gun!

Value for money, great performance .... they work straight out the box (add battery & bb's etc), on the whole they seem to have very very few defects .... they just get the job done, and are know regularly to show up some more expensive weapons ;) ... and no one expects it from a £130 gun!

Well, that's a pretty good reason. It's ever better value when you get a Raider instead of a Carbine. Raiders have a better RPM, are lighter and come with a bunch of 20mm rails so you can make your gun the prettiest of them all!

It seems everyone on this site loves CM16s. I've seen loads of people suggest it now...

Pretty much what sp00n said (again :P ). But let me expand on it; as a starter gun and at a low budget, it doesn't have a lot of competition. However, if you look at their top tech guns, thou they are better than the combat machines, you also pay more and hence there is suddenly a lot of competition that may or may not be better than them. Even with the top tech thou they do some models that other manufacturers does not, so if you are looking for those specific models, again, not a lot of competition :)

If not G&G then buy any ICS M4

or if you've got bit more cash and want something better buy whichever Tokyo Marui takes your fancy

We need a "Buy a Combat Raider M4 starter" Thread or similar......

what, like every "first gun" thread? :) haha, anyone who clicked a few threads here will know that's the general advise, but people dont^^ (I'm not being bitter or anything, if we didn't want to answer we wouldn't!)

Is the CYMA Colt M4 and avoid then? It's just that the reviews I've read really rate the gun.

Link to what I've seen below

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Cybergun-Cyma-Colt-M4-CQBR_AY3QT.aspx#.VVHN31KkqnM

Go on http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/, click any of the rubbish guns and look at the reviews. the question is who writes the reviews?

Someone new to airsoft or someone with a lot of experience and knowledge? someone who just got their first aeg or someone who tried and owned a large variety? someone wanting to share the joy of an excellent gun or someone trying to convince themselves they've made the right decision or just bragging about how great their gun is? someone who have phurchased the first AEG they found or someone who been crawling forums a long time before taking the decision? someone who have just gotten the gun or someone who have skirmished it for a long time? you get the idea :)

Honestly, I've never held a CYMA m4. But from all what I hear from people whose opinions in airsoft I trust, they are far inferior to the G&G CM16... and this is from someone who loves CYMA (well, some of their AKs - witch I btw would recommend over the G&G CM16, if you have the extra money)

I have a CYMA M4, heard lots of bad stuff about them. G&G would've definitely been a better choice. The CYMA feels shit and apparently internals are bad too in comparison.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.