WHICH TM PISTOL *FOR LEFTY*

yorkairsoft16

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Im in the market for a new pistol and I decided I want a TM pistol. Problem is, Im a lefty. I want something that has a lot of upgrades, and is somewhat lefty friendly.

It would be great If I had some suggestions but, here is what I had in mind.

Glock 17- Great Amount of Upgrades , I like the look, slide release might be hard to reach but, I can power stroke. I prefer the mag release be on the left side.

M&P - Has ambi slide release and once again, mag release on left side. I like it, just not too sure on after market support.

HK 45- Ambi Mag release, not sure on slide release. Not sure on after market support either.

So yeah, basically leave me some suggestions or, say which one I should go with

What I want to upgrade my tm pistol into : Full metal slide or Slide and body ( depends on gun ) and super accurate and good gas consumption ( no 1911s unless someone can prove that they can get off a full mag with a metal slide.)

• Supporters

I'd go M&P (I did infact :P ). Runs very smooth and reliably and shoots great. It might be possible to swap the mag release to the other side too- the mags have indents to suggest you can like the real one. Slide release and safety are both ambi-friendly so good all round really.

Adding a metal slide will actually make a TM's gas efficiency worse, especially on the M1911's- they're the best M1911 replicas on the market because the slide is plastic. WE 1911s have metal slides and their gas efficiency is pants.

• Supporters

Adding a metal slide will actually make a TM's gas efficiency worse, especially on the M1911's- they're the best M1911 replicas on the market because the slide is plastic. WE 1911s have metal slides and their gas efficiency is pants.

Yeah this is what I always think too. Some people say it doesn't but i'm dubious how adding a heavier slight that is going to get cold is not going to effect efficiency. I get 2 full mags out of my HK45 per refill, I haven't tried going past that as I don't want to run out of gas half way through a mag :)

Of course it's your choice OP but all the TM pistols i've used can hit targets accurately as far as a pistol can be used so I'm not sure what gains are to be had.

• Supporters

Gains are amount of parts. haha. I'm really not sure. Should I even value ambi controls ? I used an m9 where everything was on the left side.

Ambi controls are more important than switching out parts that don't need changing, likely to the detriment of the gun IMO.

• Supporters

Im going to be running it on Green Gas.

I've ran my m&p on nothing but green for a few thousand rounds and it's had no problems so I don't think I'd worry too much about that to be honest.

I have a TM hi capa which has been modified by Mike Cripps including cnc slide and all the usual extras. I love it to bits but for around half the year you will be lucky to empty a mag, let alone lock back. For all the money spent, I would actually say my new standard TM hk45 shoots virtually as well, rate of fire is amazing,gas efficiency is great and I wouldn't want to modify it until something breaks.

The only time the hk45 feels 'plasticky' is when you initially rack it, after that you will forget the plastic. If you are after a great skirmish pistol get the hk45 (or utterly brilliant TM Desert Eagle which my left handed friend uses), leave the TM modification game until you can justify a fun toy that's not quite so good on the field half the year.

I do have a WE glock which is modified for the full auto thrills, but it comes nowhere close to the hk45 really.

The only upgrades I want are a metal slide, make it more accurate and the rest of the stuff that goes along with a metal slide. What would be better for this <-.

I plan on doing all the upgrades in the next year, so i'm guessing in that time more and more hk 45 upgrades will be released.

Can I have your opinion on all that and,

when/will there be a lot of upgrades for the hk 45 in the next year or so?

Is there anything that I would need to upgrade right off that bat like the glock?

Is there anything that I would need to upgrade right off that bat like the glock?

You don't need any upgrades on a tm pistol. It'll out shoot a decent number of rifles out of the box

Ambi controls are more important than switching out parts that don't need changing, likely to the detriment of the gun IMO.

You don't need to switch out anything, least of all the slide.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.