The GBBR Thread

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Also sorry for the abundance of questions but what has do people use, I'm going I get some as an emergency thing so I can get some propane at a later date, but which I has do you use and is we nurpol 2.0 decent. Also where's the best place to buy propane and silicon oil plus a propane adaptor

The nuprol stuff does the job, just green gas at the end of the day, don't let the fancy cans fool you into thinking otherwise. I've got a few cans of it and it'll sort you till you get propane etc.

Go outdoors is pretty cheap for propane, especially if you have their discount card thing.

does anyone know a good T1 dot sight replica suitable for use on a GBB? someone earlier mentioned the Swiss arms replica but i want a replica that has a high mount so i dont need to faff around with a riser.

Thanks

• Supporters

does anyone know a good T1 dot sight replica suitable for use on a GBB? someone earlier mentioned the Swiss arms replica but i want a replica that has a high mount so i dont need to faff around with a riser.

Thanks

I think primary arms will probably do something, they're low end real steel so shouldn't break due to the kick.

I think primary arms will probably do something, they're low end real steel so shouldn't break due to the kick.

cant seem to find any in the UK, and a post on another forum mentions that they only ship to the US :(

Fair enought I might try a low ride belt loop and slot it onto the belt I run though my battle belt, but I'd have to get a holster for my bulldog or do they fit in px4 holsters?

The holsters attach via an allen screw, obviously IMI holsters fit, not sure on other brands, IMI do a holster for pretty much all the main modern hand guns, they're real steal holsters and ancils, I've seen them used by many police forces in various parts of the world.

Might be worth looking at Vector Optics (another low end real steel) - they do sell in the UK via Amazon - not sure if they do a T1 clone though.

Cheers for that link, ordered myself a Condor 2x42 for a DMR project. :)

The holsters attach via an allen screw, obviously IMI holsters fit, not sure on other brands, IMI do a holster for pretty much all the main modern hand guns, they're real steal holsters and ancils, I've seen them used by many police forces in various parts of the world.

Thanks cav I have a imi belt holster for my sig 226 but that's being sold, I may just sell all of my handguns and buy one that I'm likely to use

• Supporters

Typical, the first skirmish with my new G5 and the forecast is for 0 degrees and snowing...

I've seen them work at 5 degrees, and from what I've heard it should still not be too bad- my we g36 works alright in snow.

Stick in as hard a gas as you can and minimise full auto use. They will work fine all year round but the cold does still affect them.

ill take it to the chrono in the morning, see if it can manage 300 fps and decide from there, maybe leave it til later on and see if it gets any warmer.

just tried a few test shots at home, and bloody hell its more recoil action that i was expecting from what's basically a toy gun. and it scared the shit out of my brother when he tried it :P

i cant wait for spring to rock round so i can try this properly at a skirmish :D

just tried a few test shots at home, and bloody hell its more recoil action that i was expecting from what's basically a toy gun. and it scared the sh*t out of my brother when he tried it :P

i cant wait for spring to rock round so i can try this properly at a skirmish :D

Yup, some airsoft guns have fairly scary (i.e. pretty cool) recoil. The metal SRC AKS74U I got late last year in the Black Friday sale at Airsoft World is a bit like that. Both looks-wise and sound-wise, if I were to put a suppressor on it, I think it would manage a passable impersonation of a real one when it lets rip on full auto.

Yup, some airsoft guns have fairly scary (i.e. pretty cool) recoil. The metal SRC AKS74U I got late last year in the Black Friday sale at Airsoft World is a bit like that. Both looks-wise and sound-wise, if I were to put a suppressor on it, I think it would manage a passable impersonation of a real one when it lets rip on full auto.

+1 on that, have a Noveske Soundhog on mine currently and it is LOUD for an airsoft gun. No doubt I will get rinsed if I game with it so also intend to try a suppressor at some point lol! But the noise and the bolt flying back and forth is just the dogs danglies so far! :)

As its currently putting out 380+ fps on .2s and propane I currently have the blowback valve out to see about restricting the outlet flow. I know I could use it on 144a but no idea how that would perform on a cold day as yet, plus the fact propane is easier to buy locally than 144a, and obviously cheaper!

Well, if you want a PBS4 suppressor for your AK, they are 32 quid at Bohemia, which is cheaper than most places:

http://airsoftshop.cz/product_info.php/products_id/11421

other one they sell:

http://airsoftshop.cz/product_info.php/products_id/7226

Cheers, remember Ian Gere saying some PBS-4s are heavier than others, only concern is the gun is already a little front heavy, have you tried one?

Nah. I like the flared flash hider on the short AK74s, so I'd not want to lose the appearance of that. If it wasn't for that, I'd be inclined to give one a whirl. It's worth noting that the more expensive one is 320g, whereas the cheaper one is 550g, so I'm guessing one is alloy and the other is steel, and that's what you are paying more for.

damn it, forecast for tomorrow morning of for 0 degrees and snowing... i think the G5 will have to wait for its debut :(

bring on the spring!

Archived