417 mag pouches

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm hoping people can help me as I need at least a double if not a triple 417 mag pouch, love the blue force gear style but don't want to spend :

£32 on one mag pouch when the mags cost £30 aswell.

Needs to coyote brown and would love closed top but cannot find any what so ever

Also if anyone knows where I can get mags sub £30 that's also a bonus, three mags is by far not enough

• Supporters

Also http://www.uktactical.com/p-8924-warrior-single-molle-open-pouch-hk417-coyote-tan.aspx but again tan rather than brown.

As pointed out by our learned friend above.

• Supporters

These might work - not sure how different a 417 mag is to an M14 mag but they're both 7.62 so you never know http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-ph-m024-cb-flyye-ev-universal-double-magazine-pouch-molle-coyote-brown.html

Begdadi do some ncie ones - I got mine from actionhobbies.co.uk or you can order direct.

500 round 417 mags 22 quid each, or 20.50 if you buy three, 100 round mags 17.50 each (although showing out of stock on those 100 rd mags when I checked earlier):

http://aegcartasia.com/magu03.html

As a guide to additional P&P costs from AEG Cart Asia, when I bought five 160 rd M4 mags from there the other day, it cost me 9.27 in postage (which was nearly as much as the five mags cost, so still a bargain at 24 quid for five M4 mags), and when I bought three 50 rd GBB H&K MP5 magazines (much heavier, obviously being metal gas blowback, so the postage was dearer) it was 24 quid in postage, again still a bargain, since the mags themselves were only 15 quid each, which is bloody cheap for GBB mags (they're over 35 quid everywhere else). That's why i always try to get my mags from there, although sadly, they don't appear to have any for my shiny new SRC AKS74U.

• Supporters

I've got a bunch of double fast mags for M14 and they hold L1A1(7.62x51mm) mags fine, but I took the top of the 2 rubber bands off each of them to allow for getting the mags out quicker. With the 2 bands they were very stiff. I expect that 417 mags will fit, but they have a curve, right? Which may mean that if you fit 2 or more next to each other on your molle, the mags may rattle against each other when you move.

Edit: I've just looked them up and the curve isn't as pronounced as I feared, so they probably would fit in fast-mags without rattle.

• Supporters

Yeah, if you tell me how big they are I'll certainly check for you. Bear in mind that if you really like the modern look of fast mags, you could replace the tight rubber bands they come fitted with. Some green/black/tan 25mm elastic stitched into loops would be one way of making them exactly as tight as you want, however you may also need to alter they way the built in Malice-style clips which attach them to molle lock at the bottom, because they attach to the forward half, so the maximum that the very bottom opens up is about 5mm. I've just tested them though and the malice-clips fit behind he rubber as an alternate way of locking them to molle.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.