How do you upgrade a Gas CM16

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok cool i will try that and i'm assuming a 6.03 madbull barrel

Nope. Tightbores are for grouping, not range. look to a 6.08+. And changing the hop rubber in it will make little to no difference, as it already has a G&G Green in it.

• Supporters

ok awesome will buy one

So what do you think of this;

6.08 barrel

Madbull ultimate hop ruber

R-hop

any idea's on how to make this a DMR?

Longer outer barrel , free float rail system bipod, scope

You may be able to put in a stiffer spring on the hammer or adjust it's strength to up the fps. Will also up your gas usage though. Will it take co2 magazines? Or go hpa.

• Supporters

You may be able to put in a stiffer spring on the hammer or adjust it's strength to up the fps. Will also up your gas usage though. Will it take co2 magazines? Or go hpa.

i would like to make it a HPA setup but that would need a new gearbox i think, and wouldn't the spring just increase the recoil as i thought it was the gas that changed the fps, also anyone know about NPAS

i would like to make it a HPA setup but that would need a new gearbox i think, and wouldn't the spring just increase the recoil as i thought it was the gas that changed the fps, also anyone know about NPAS

There is no gearbox in a gas gun, you just tap the magazines with a Q/R connector and plug the hose into that, then dial the psi in to give you the desired fps.

The spring on the hammer will dictate how hard it hits the striker plate on the magazine, harder will allow more gas through thus giving higher fps and gas usage.

this is my old M700 with the mag HPA tapped:

IMG_20140513_200525_zpsoaa5cj4f.jpg

just a google image of mags tapped for HPA:

P1060462.jpg

doesn't the cm16 have the GHK gas gearbox or whatever? anyway, if you hate small ammo count then maybe hpa tap a hicap? PT has done that and I'm just echoing his post above. ALso as previously stated the range will be your hop up, give it a clean and clean the barrel or get that new one...

this would require tapping each magazine with a Q/R connector, other alternative would be to make a hi-cap magazine by either double stacking an AEG hi-cap and feeding the BBs into the gas mag like I have done for my GHK G5:

DSC_0561_zpsfwfyd0kr.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsw3lzpwcz.jpg

10462847_10152154420911820_7270054968101

or hybrid the 2 mags together which I am also trying to build so you have the top half of a gas mag and the bottom half of a hi-cap with the hose running into the inside of the mag

doesn't the cm16 have the GHK gas gearbox or whatever? anyway, if you hate small ammo count then maybe hpa tap a hicap? PT has done that and I'm just echoing his post above. ALso as previously stated the range will be your hop up, give it a clean and clean the barrel or get that new one...

GHK uses a mech box.

just googled the gas CM16, it looks like a converted AEG so soz, it does have a gearbox. Going HPA would still be done in the above manor though by tapping the mags.

Its the GHK GBB internals fitted into a V2 gearbox size, with a redesigned and shortened bolt action, its akin to a closed bolt system. Its not great when compared to more expensive and more modern GBB, but a good compromise and a solid performer.

Ammo size you will never win with, carry more mags or learn to shoot better.

Mine definitely prefers .25 and .28 over .20.

Its strange that you are getting poor range, mine will happily and accurately reach out to 40 meters, (that converts to 60 airsoft meters ;) ) and can be lobbed onto a target up to about 55 ish.

The hop up unit isn't brilliant, and isn't forgiving for poor barrel or rubber quality, first off make sure the unit is cleaned and lubricated properly, ensure the feeding nozzel is returning home into the hop up unit fully. you shouldn't be able to see any of the brass tip. if you can you may need to file some of the bolt cover down.

The barrel can twist inside the hop up unit and can leak, I sealed the hop up rubber with PTFE and wrapped some around the outside of the rubber to make it a tighter fit in the hop up. It doesn't have the ususal brass ring to stop soem blow past for some reason only known to GHK.

G&G green hop up rubber is usually quite good, make sure its in good nick and make sure the nub is still in place, it can fall out when removing the barrel.

Similarly the G&G barrels are usually pretty good, give it a good clean with some bog roll and IPA while its out.

Its also worth double checking the condition of the O ring piston seal, its not as smooth a bore as I would like, and can get caught and damaged if not heavily and regularly lubricated,

There is a good website with an install and strip down guide, I will try to find it for you.

• Supporters

Thanks for all the help this is what i have decided to do;

I have purchased the following;

Angry Gun Wire Cutter Rail System (http://www.ebairsoft.com/angry-wire-cutter-rail-system-gbbaeg-inch-p-8208.html)

KAC 16 inch OUTER BARREL (http://www.ebairsoft.com/iron-airsoft-1111d-inch-outer-barrel-p-6580.html)

AABB WA GBB 6.04mm Inner Barrel (http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-604mm-inner-barrel-copper-p-3121.html)

A Plus Studio Hop Up Rubber for VFC Viper GBB system (http://www.ebairsoft.com/plus-studio-rubber-viper-system-p-6066.html)

I'm thinking keep the 30 round mag and make it a dmr

Thanks for all the help this is what i have decided to do;

I have purchased the following;

AABB WA GBB 6.04mm Inner Barrel (http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-604mm-inner-barrel-copper-p-3121.html)

A Plus Studio Hop Up Rubber for VFC Viper GBB system (http://www.ebairsoft.com/plus-studio-rubber-viper-system-p-6066.html)

Doesnt the G&G take AEG barrels and rubbers not GBB ones?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.