We Mk17 Scar H

joshcowin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi their after a using this gun for a short while and a couple of game days i feel the need to right a review for this gun. Im not going to bore you with all the real steel facts just a straight up review.

make: we

Price:£315

weight:3.6 kg

mag: 350 rd midcap

After getting my ukara sorted i was looking for a gun that wasn't the usual m4,after a trip up to jd airsoft and coming out £365 out of my wallet i came out with a scar h aeg in tan. After plinking round the house i took it to its first skirmish and my god is this gun good,the range with 0.30 bbs it was shooting 60+ metres with ease and with a tight grouping aswell,after the chrono which came out at 314fps. after we had a couple of games got plenty of kills and got to use the gun on full auto (certain areas of the site don't allow it) which shot with a decent rate of fire but no gear stripper (around 17rps).

the first niggle came after the first 2 games i noticed the outer barrel came loose i found out how it did (front bottom rail screw holds it) and used the star screw that is held in the fake gas block.im not going to go drabbling on but i will put up the good and bad points of this gun.

if you need any info please feel free to reply on here.

good points:

very well made and sturdy

very easy to strip down

good accuracy and range

well priced

can take m4 mags if needed

bad points:

no other 7.62 x 51 mags fit due to the bb feed being in the middle of the mag

no midcaps as of yet

a slight wobble on the stock

How can it take both m4 mags and scar h ones? Theyre hugely different in size. Over 60m sounds a bit optimistic at less than 320fps...

I wondered that, just reread it and assume its 314fps on 0.3s? Which makes it 380ish iirc on 0.2s so pretty hot if so?

• Supporters

How do the hop and gearbox fit together if the feed tube's in the middle?

I'm guessing the hop must be proprietary? I wonder if fitting an SR25 hop would allow you to use other branded mags because of it altering the location of the feed tube.

How do the hop and gearbox fit together if the feed tube's in the middle?

I'm guessing the hop must be proprietary? I wonder if fitting an SR25 hop would allow you to use other branded mags because of it altering the location of the feed tube.

Sounds like the hop unit design employed on the Ares XM110 and Scar H. Horrid things.

Well basically you take the front pin out and take the v2 gearbox out As the hop is on a spring with a open bottom so the nozzle slots in,and as for the mags loads into the hop the magwell is closed so the mag doesnt actually go straight into the hop it goes up a tube thats part of the lower

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.