Remembrance Day

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Its not just common wealth soldiers who fought in the great war

You Americans did aswell

Any military personnel be it Indian,Gurkha or wherever, if you were a part of the essential occupation like farming, police, we should remember them all... Fallen or not, each sacrificed something so that we can enjoy what freedom we have.

Thank you to you all!!!!

My boys did aswell, there in the local Rifles army cadet band and today was there 1st time

Soooo wish I could still be on parade but I always attend as a spectator in shirt, regimental tie etc

Just wanted to point out that it is correctly named and spelled Remembrance Sunday, not Rememberence. If a mod could correct the spelling it would help, after all, if we are trying to be respectful we should at least ensure it is spelled correctly!

Anyway, it's nice that there is a thread on it here, as we should not forget all who have served and paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks for pointing that out chock, all sorted it now buddy :)

Its such a shame that the WW2 veterans are passing away but they'll forever be with there 'brothers' and family's

We will never forget those who have given the ultimate sacrife for what we have today

A little boy who was less than 2 years old who with his Ex Royal Marines dad, was wearing a small hoodie with the royal marines blazer patch embroidered on it, they were both wearing his dads medals, your never to young to mark your respect on this day

I love your tattoo Del, that's some amazing work buddy

I might use that picture James for my next artwork

No James, I'm not an artist, people refer to tattoos as 'inked' or 'artwork' so I may use it for my next tattoo :)

Your welcome del, its amazing, certainly worth it mate

I witnessed the most impressive act yesterday. While shopping today, the clock rolled to 1100. The store made an announcement requesting two minutes of silence. I was awed by the heads hung in reverence, the true image of respect. The store was quiet as a tomb.

I am truly proud to be living amongst those that still remember the price of freedom. As a veteran, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day means a lot.

Wait until Tuesday when its officially armistice day sabre, people will still do exactly the same

Even the people who didn't believe we should've been in afgan and Iraq will still be silent for 2 minutes

Like the 2 of us sabre, there are many serving and served people on this forum

You have the 'Veterans Association' and we have the Royal British Legion

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.