The best tactical AK74 out there?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The best looking?

The best performing?

You can write what kind of accessories would you put on.

I really like Cyma CM048A. I wish it would have a retractable stock and some more rails. Scope looks really good on it too. Others don't have many all black AK74 versions.

I waiting for a refund of AK47 104 from E&L and now really want AK74. I don't like wood that much and i just love tactical look. I was thinking about LCT, but it is very expensive and Ian here kind of "told" me Cyma is a way to go, specially for the price.

IS there even better Cyma then CM048A? Internals and quality speaking. Are there any new models that will come out soon?

There are a lot of Kings Arms AKs in my country. I didn't have a chance to test them, but they are a lot more popular. Don't know why.

best looking is down to preference, but I do like the look of the G&G rk103 evo...

Looks good. The main difference between G&G and Cyma is the rectractable stock. Hollow one would probably look even better or even PT-1 version would be great.

has to be a 74? I'd say LCT/VFC/E&L then.

Don't get me wrong thou.. the CYMAs are excellent, and probably the way to go, yes. Best value for money definitely. Main difference between them and what they clone is that a few parts are pot metal.

Yes,

So it's a VFC clone but plastic? that would explain a lot of confusion. would you pop me a pic from above and below, then I can put it in my thread :)

IS there even better Cyma then CM048A? Internals and quality speaking. Are there any new models that will come out soon?

There are a lot of Kings Arms AKs in my country. I didn't have a chance to test them, but they are a lot more popular. Don't know why.

cm.045/cm.048/cm.050 are equal.

I don't know why then some people say, that you need to buy Cyma CM048 or higher to get the best? Those ones are supposed to be VFC clones and others are TM clones. So if you want steel and realistic take down, you should get VFC clone and those ones are CM048 and above. G&G prices are pretty high. They are in LCT range and i don't know if quality of externals and internals are that good.

I don't know why then some people say, that you need to buy Cyma CM048 or higher to get the best? Those ones are supposed to be VFC clones and others are TM clones. So if you want steel and realistic take down, you should get VFC clone and those ones are CM048 and above. G&G prices are pretty high. They are in LCT range and i don't know if quality of externals and internals are that good.

-ish.

cm.045 is full metal/wood VFC clone. and I think there's on in between that is a TM. and cm.048 or higher pretty much means cm.048 and cm.050. wouldn't surprise me if they did a cm.054 as a TM clone just to confuse us more^^

• Supporters

I'm 99% certain the CM.042 is a TM clone, not a VFC clone. Internally they are the same though.

G&G's new series of RKs use LCT bodies which is nice. They also have proprietary 11.1v batteries built into the handguard,which imo,is not great since the battery they have isn't generally one i'd use,but it's a nice idea. Nothing 10 minutes of soldering and 5 quid worth of wire and deans connectors won't fix however.

Blowback is a neat enough feature,especially on AKs,there's a nice steel on steel clink as you fire but,in all fairness,after I've used a TM recoil shock G&G's blowback does nothing for me anymore,but the sound does drown out the motor whine a little bit which is nice. I still prefer the sound of a perfectly shimmed gun though,with a nice little pop instead of a faux bolt jittering about. Non blowback version is cheaper and there's a slightly less of a lottery with the gun. G&G seem to have inconsistent QC on their piston heads which,when paired with blowback can either have fantastic consistency or mediocre.

They feel super nice to hold and use,same as an LCT really,though I feel as though the handguards are shaped a bit differently in comparison to LCT but that might just be me. Internal quality is a cut above LCT. Like I've mentioned before,I was really impressed with their internal quality and how well it was assembled.

• Supporters

That battery is a deal breaker for me - the contacts are just spring loaded brass pins - they probably need to be 11.1V just to overcome the resistance of those stupid connectors for an average rate of fire. I haven't actually looked at how easy it would be to replace with Deans, but there's very little space in a lower handguard anyway, so once you add 2 connectors and their wires, I just don't think it looks like a good proposition. I mean, yeah, you can get small LiPo's but do you really want to be changing batteries twice in a day?

That battery is a deal breaker for me - the contacts are just spring loaded brass pins - they probably need to be 11.1V just to overcome the resistance of those stupid connectors for an average rate of fire. I haven't actually looked at how easy it would be to replace with Deans, but there's very little space in a lower handguard anyway, so once you add 2 connectors and their wires, I just don't think it looks like a good proposition. I mean, yeah, you can get small LiPo's but do you really want to be changing batteries twice in a day?

You can always just route new wires from the GB to somewhere else in the gun,but there's bugger all space if it's a folding stock AK since you have the blowback mech up top. Only option is to either jam a tiny af lipo in the handguard or get an external pouch or something which can look fugly and be impractical at times. Of course,this is pretty negated if you have an AKM or non folding AK74 since you have a stock to work with.

I think the non blowback AKS74U has a regular battery system,though I'm not sure. Will need to check

(update: Doesn't seem to be,looks like all of them use those sh*tty 11.1s jammed into the foregrip)

I need to get a closer look at the guts of the connector system- Maybe you could even throw out the spring loaded brass pins in favor of copper ones,and mod an actually decent battery to have that sort of connecting system,though it would seem to take a bit of work. It isn't a bad idea this system,as I said before but they fucked it up by making the connectors brass and the battery a shit 11.1 with fuck all discharge rate

• Supporters

^^ICS, but they are not parts compatible with other manufacturers, so if you get one, make sure it's the gun you want, because changing it is not going to be easy.

But if i want to upgrade my gun, put on accesories, scopes, etc, it would be better to go with Cyma? Also parts for it are half the price of G&G or LCT. Are externals (metal and plastic, since i want tactical look, no wood) really that much better by LCT that it costs almost twice as much?

• Supporters

No, LCT externals are not twice as good as CYMA.

ICS do make a tactical AK-74 here @landwarrior for £195 so you could put accessories etc on it no problem. Where you will have a problem is if you want to change the externals that come with the gun, the furniture, the stock, the flash hider, etc because only ICS parts will fit without modification.

Also that listing says 300FPS - I find that unlikely, but if it is true you will need to upgrade the spring. Best to email landwarrior and ask them. One thing is for sure, if you do upgrade the spring, you will not have to upgrade the motor or gears as they are better than most out of the box - probably better than you would get in an LCT in fact. However my ICS AKS-74U spring was so tightly attached to the piston head that I found it easier to replace the piston, piston head, and spring rather than risk breaking the piston by trying to get the spring out... so if landwarrior say yes, 300FPS is correct, try to get them to do the spring upgrade for you :lol: unless they charge you more than £30 you're probably still getting a better deal than trying to do it yourself...

I'll buy a gun from gunfire.pl or taiwangun.com and they don't stock ICS. Because i plan to use this gun for skirmishes too, i have two options.

Go for cheaper Cyma CM048a or go for expensive Lcm or G&G. I want good externals, i just don't know if Cyma is good enough?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.