Webley!!!!!

Russe11

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not all hope is lost- there's the refillable CO2 cartridges you can fill with a mix of green gas with a little CO2 for some more punch- if Ian_Gere gets on with the one he's bought, using the refillable cartridge could be a viable option.

Pause the video at 10 seconds and look at the box. It says '6mm CO2'

Yeah, I saw that too, and if that is not a typo on the box artwork, then it pretty much has to be an airsoft gun and not an airgun, since air gun calibres are .22 (5.5mm) and .177 (4.5mm), which are about the only calibres airguns come in. .177 air guns can fire BBs (i.e. original metal 4.5mm BBs), but airsoft is only in 6mm and 8mm calibres, so if it is 6mm calibre, unless it is using custom ammunition, then it has to be a CO2 airsoft pistol.

I just phoned Webley & Scott, it is definitely 4.5mm and the gentlman i spoke to seemed quite suprised that air softers would be interested in one he also checked out the box that he had on his desk and it clearly says it's 4.5mm so he had no idea how the video has one saying 6mm, photoshop maybe? .

The plot thickens then? Unless there are 2 being made and somehow these have been confused, 1 for Webley in 4.5mm and another by another company in 6mm for airsoft (well I can dream. . .)

There are indeed plastic bb's for 4.5mm guns but at a touch under 3J you'd be looking at serious fps without some sort of power down cartridge, bearing in mind 1J = 328fps with a 0.2g bb, really can't see any site allowing that, and many don't allow anything other than 6mm for skirmishing in any case. Also being for 4.5mm it won't have a hop unit. . . .

Well I was made aware of it here http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18596

They have arrived at an airsoft shop in Taiwan. This makes it sound as if there may be 2 different guns.

Right. . . . . posted a comment re all this on ww2 forum asking the OP to confirm its an airsoft gun. The guy who posted the youtube vid has done a few other airsoft vids including the new Nagant 1895 revolver which clearly shows 6mm cartridges on that, but his Webley vid doesn't show any close detail of the cartridges for it. Also the box is IDENTICAL to that in Webleys facebook page on their 4.5mm version. The guy who put the youtube link on the ww2 forum had only just joined that forum, apparently his friend in Taiwan has airsoft versions in stock so it will be interesting to see what he says!

Edited 07.28 18/10/14

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Not all hope is lost- there's the refillable CO2 cartridges you can fill with a mix of green gas with a little CO2 for some more punch- if Ian_Gere gets on with the one he's bought, using the refillable cartridge could be a viable option.

The best usable result I'm getting is around 315-20FPS from that refillable PPS CO2 bulb, but it is a real ballache. It takes quite a few goes of gas mix to get it to work and I can't seem to find a happy medium between the above and about 355-60 with just CO2 (which is better than the 415-20 my Makarov kicks out on a single use 12g CO2 cartridge). If I fill the PPS with just green gas I get 72FPS, which leads me to believe that it doesn't fill from a can properly. Needless to say, it's ok as a site-legal holster filler / absolute last ditch back up, but for those CO2 pistols without hop, 320FPS is next to useless for actual skirmishing IMO - you need to aim up to hit a target at 20m.

My hopes of a bandolier full to power my Makarov and a gas converted SVD are dashed :'(

• 6 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.