M249 Vrs L86

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I were you and the M249 was the one I wanted I would wait until the right one comes along. I've gotten guns before which I didn't really want but the others were out of stock and later regretted them and sold them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I have been watching 2nd hand prices, which are a joke on some forums (who would pay more for 2nd hand basic gun, when a new one is cheaper?).

I have waited 2 months soo far :( what's another month lol

• Supporters

I am soooo tempted lol :D

The way I see it is that if you don't mind the l86 go for it, it'll be a better performing, more reliable ans easier to fix gun and you can have it sooner. If your heart is truly set on a 249 you can always get one later. Plus you have Ed's endless knowledge on the inner workings should anything go wrong to ask for help. Realistically you'd be losing a huge box mag but using high caps instead at a better performance.

• Supporters

Plus you have Ed's endless knowledge on the inner workings should anything go wrong to ask for help.

For a price ;)

Which, incidentally, is 90 bajillion £ per second :lol:

• Supporters

Yeah, I thought I'd make a fair living off my ICS L85 series advice, I reckon I'll get on alright with that, don't you?

Or should I charge more? It is top notch advice, afterall.

I'll throw something into the mix for you spoon, a mate picked up an ASG (ares) M60 mod 0 at the weekend, what a lovely piece of kit, beautifully built, not too heavy like the 249, 4k mag which is auto winding and basically silent, decent range and ROF and all for under £400 delivered

I hated support guns before getting hold of his and I want one now

Came from JD sir, next day delivery which actually happened next day

Quick change spring system in it too which literally takes 10 seconds

Ares support guns often have quite a few issues compared to the A&K or CA versions. Also its lighter because its all plastic, half the fun of a support gun is the weight! :)

• Supporters

Yeah been doing a lot of research regarding known faults and fixes etc

I have a lot of time as I am still waiting for stock to arrive in the uk :(

I might just order it from HK at this rate :(

• Supporters

So, what one did you decide, A&K M249 Mk2 ?

to be honest i leaning towards the a&K m249 para as it comes with a ris optic rail, but they seeem to be out of stock with affordable retailers :angry::angry: .

so i bought a G&G GR-25 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice gun.

I still like your original concept of a support weapon, so Im still looking at M60 and M249s.

Im in no hurry though. Cant quite justify a GP as nice as they are. They have to come back in stock at some point.

• Supporters

i love it, and if i am honest its a replacement for my snow wolf sniper, which i may be getting rid off soon™ ;)

i am still looking out for one... but i am gunna wait till i see a deal on one now :D

or i may just order one from a HK retailer etc, but i am in no rush.

i wouldn't go with the G&P (nice as they are), as they cannot take STANAG mags, where are the CA and A&K can ;)

• Supporters

I guess, but then equally the only reason you would buy an LMG is for the box mag pretty much, if you intend on using stanags, you'd be better off with a more accurate and better performing assault rifle.

As it stands you ended up with an SR25 so it's all irrelevant anyway :P

• Supporters

that's true, i was only thinking worst case "out in the field" scenario ;) as is all other cases there would be time for a fix or replacement of the box mag etc

ill still get 249 B)

the SR is to replace my spring sniper B) and with only 341 fps i wont have to apply a min engagement distance :D:D:D

Archived