whats wrong with just bb guns?

SimonQuigley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Hmmmm bearing in mind the recent press about RIF's and IF's being sold to minors on the highstreet, and the very negative light it shone on our hobby it might be best not to highlight things too much. Although if contact was made by the correct people say UKAPU to the correct body say the police, it might have a more positive outcome.

To be totally honest though it would be better if people got wise to their tactics, and that goes for many of the other companies with bbguns or bbgunz in their web address.

If a deal is too good to be true then it probably is!

Hmmmm bearing in mind the recent press about RIF's and IF's being sold to minors on the highstreet, and the very negative light it shone on our hobby it might be best not to highlight things too much. Although if contact was made by the correct people say UKAPU to the correct body say the police, it might have a more positive outcome.

To be totally honest though it would be better if people got wise to their tactics, and that goes for many of the other companies with bbguns or bbgunz in their web address.

If a deal is too good to be true then it probably is!

But if they had just changed over from paintball http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/ is the best site in the uk, so it would be kinda confusing!

• Supporters

Its the bbgunz/bbguns that seems to be the giveaway to some pretty shoddy merchandise, customer care and illegal practices. Not the "just" bit.

They are clearly aimed at kids and anyone who hasn't done 5 mins of research on the topic of decent airsoft kit.

As for specialairsoftsupplies their hook seems to be that they "stock" stuff that you can't find in the UK and many other Asian airsoft suppliers, the give away there is if you cant find it anywhere else, then SAirsoftS probably haven't got it either so they'll happily relieve you of your cash.

lets lay off the little people(edit,young airsofters) a bit, its not their fault and there are some of us that do want to be good players, yes know that i probably shouldnt be able to have my parents buy realistic guns for me, but im as good a player as any and we hate these sites as much as anyone and nickM i've probably met you as i play at UW as well so you especially should appreciate that young players are so important as any other airsofter

lets lay off the little people a bit, its not their fault and there are some of us that do want to be good players, yes know that i probably shouldnt be able to have my parents buy realistic guns for me, but im as good a player as any and we hate these sites as much as anyone and nickM i've probably met you as i play at UW as well so you especially should appreciate that young players are so important as any other airsofter

yes but when a retailer is braking the law they are braking the LAW END OF!

i know but a lot of people are blaming young airsofters, the company is crap but dont blame the us!!!

i am not blaming you, i am blaming the company because they are the ones braking the law!

yes but your making an argument where the wasn't one. any way think some one buys a gun from said site and go to a skirmish, what do you think will happen?

• Supporters

lets lay off the little people a bit, its not their fault and there are some of us that do want to be good players, yes know that i probably shouldnt be able to have my parents buy realistic guns for me, but im as good a player as any and we hate these sites as much as anyone and nickM i've probably met you as i play at UW as well so you especially should appreciate that young players are so important as any other airsofter

You have made an issue of something that isn't.

They are targeting people who don't know any better, kids and adults, they talk like their kit will perform at the same level as some of the more respected stuff after heavy upgrades. You will know that this is impossible so will anyone who understands airsoft, but many wont. If someone is into airsoft or they spend more than 5 minutes looking around on the web, they will know that 99% of what justbbguns sell is not worth the money.

Next time you are at UW if you see a guy with an ICS L85 and a Glock come say hi. It could be me. Airsoft is a great hobby. I have a lot of respect for younger airsofters who know their kit and how to play hard!

By the way what I think makes a good young airsofter is exactly the same as what I think makes a good adult airsofter, (I don't see a distinction). Honesty, call hits, a basic sense of tactics and an ability to shoot, type of gun isn't on there. If they have a two tone so be it, if they manage to be sneaky with a bright orange gun then they have more skill than me!

anything ive bought has came fine.. only thing that was crappy was a £5 glock when i started taget shooting a few years back

yea.. your double eagle.. trust me, the second you hold a proper, and it doesn't have to be a Tokyo Mauri, you will get it.

You have made an issue of something that isn't.

this.

• Supporters

By the way lol airsofter, if your problem was with me and the selling to minors being in the papers that's because it was a 'legit' journo doing the story who set up the sting. It was high street shops. And technically its the shop that breaks the law and the kid as far as I understand the VCRA laws.

• Supporters

What we should really be concerned about is Specialairsoftsupplies. Bunch of con artists.

What did they do to you?

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored of the company bashing now.

Let just agree JustBBguns are on the most part SHIT but have treat 1% of its customers well.

This will spiral into arguments and that's not what this forum needs.........its not Z1!

• Supporters

I just want to know if the Special Airsoft Supplies thing is goss or if something worthy of avoiding them for happened to a verifiable person.

• Supporters

Definitely avoid, there are loads of reports of being ripped off, quite a few on this forum alone.

Agreed that this thread ought to be locked though, we all know not to buy from there, and realistcially we cant do anything about it.

• Supporters

I just want to know if the Special Airsoft Supplies thing is goss or if something worthy of avoiding them for happened to a verifiable person.

Bought some p-mags for £20, they eventually came after 6 months. But I already had a refund the first two months of waiting, which is strange. People go on there for the really low prices.

• Supporters

Right, well there we are then. 2 months wait from a UK Co. would have me doing my 'kin fruit! Getting the stuff free in the end wouldn't make me feel much better.

I genuinely love reading these threads about how shit they are and to bring up another point has anyone seen the kid they have working there hes such a knob (thats just my opinion)

judge for yourself.

I genuinely love reading these threads about how shit they are and to bring up another point has anyone seen the kid they have working there hes such a knob (thats just my opinion)

judge for yourself.

because he has such dark eyes he reminds me of this

vamp.jpg

Another thing that makes me laugh is they swear by Bullcrap bb's as well which as anyone with any knowledge of airsoft can tell you they are ridiculously over priced and to be honest not that good either when compared to blaster for example.

• Supporters

Aah finally a Face to the Mong that is SAS-Scott and as much of a Muppet and Terrible gun tech as Mark is deserving of a Hanging for calling himself a Professional RC Racer

Archived