Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7839 posts in this topic

Just fired off an email to him, juni0r. Seems he's having a major clear-out, ppl...

What was wrong with the ones that are screwed? & what size are they?

The general condition was bad. The sole where it comes up over the toe was peeling away, sole were very worn. They were the same price as the ones that i got.

oh they were a size 9.

He has been having a clear out for years!

I will be going in as much as i can as he said if he gets in NEW ones they would be £25!! But in the last 2 months he has only had 2 pairs in. I got lucky as the day before a mate bought some in far worse condition for 38 quid from a different surplus.

Well I need UK size 10 anyway. Pls do me a favour Juni0r, if you're there a lot anyway: keep an eye out for 10's in any condition bar the interior and/or insole being ripped or worn through and PM me?

Yeah no worries mate. Send me a PM with your mobile number so i can text you if they are in whilst i'm there. Sure you can pay over the phone and they will post out to you. Or if you pay i can post. etc etc

Ian_Gere likes this

-FrogLube CLP oil and paste (stuff is awesome, smells just like dentist mouthwash)

-Microfiber cloth

-Various sized collet heads for the dremel to accept my annoyingly-just-too-thin diamond tipped grinding bits

-Medium strength blue loctite

-Tungsten carbide dremel bit

-Various extra sized allen head screwdrivers

Can't tell that I'm working on a GBBr at all.

Just got a Pantac RAV!

MARPAT BDU

how-about-no-bear.jpg

:P

284589_10151323630278290_694923868_n.jpg

Picked these Magnum Sidewinder HPi Multicam boots in Blacks for £50 marked down from £190, and they are the best fitting boots i've ever tried on (stupidly narrow feet, in big sizes make boots difficult to find, so i try on alot).

Also just bought this list of stuff -

A-TACS FG Warrior DCS M4 Plate Carrier

A-TACS FG Warrior PLB Belt

A-TACS FG Warrior Molle Water Carrier Pouch

A-TACS FG Magpul PTS MS3 Sling

OD Warrior Folding Dump Pouch

OD Warrior Slimline Molle Holster

OD Warrior Twin Rifle Bag

1x5" Callsign velcro patch A-TACS FG, 3x3" Callsign velcro patch A-TACS FG (Green Giant)

A-TACS FG Ops Core Fast Helmet Replica

0241 Tactical A-TACS FG Neck Gaiter

5.11 Scene One Gloves in Black

Dytac Invader MK18 AEG in A-TACS FG and matching rail covers.

A-TACS FG Propper Trousers and Combat Shirt.

trying to find NZ Afghan Style Velcro Flags (Coyote Brown Backing with OD Embroidery) as the black ones with the red and blue on them stick out a bit too much.

A-Tacs is very effective on the field,it may look a bit silly on camera indoors,but it's effective and nice outside.

Someone likes their A-Tacs!

Yeah, I've been admiring it for a fair while after seeing it being used effectively in a few games.

A-Tacs is very effective on the field,it may look a bit silly on camera indoors,but it's effective and nice outside.

Especially in the sites I frequent, can make you virtually invisible at 20 metres in reasonably dense forest.

RA-TECH Custom HK416 on order :rolleyes:

Coincidence, my friend ordered one this morning too

Especially in the sites I frequent, can make you virtually invisible at 20 metres in reasonably dense forest.

In my Tan n MC gear i was just sat two feet from a bush and i could see people through it but they just kept

walking past me and getting a pistol shot to the arse :D

In my Tan n MC gear i was just sat two feet from a bush and i could see people through it but they just kept

walking past me and getting a pistol shot to the arse :D

Ive done that in my black mesa kit :P Thats bright BLUE ! :)

Best camo is staying still / low, and try and be behind cover.

Suitable camo does help though.

An ex-police wicking tshirt and a dpm shirt, curse my gf for being too small for small sized clothes, pics when I'm finished ;)

Hiding behind something doesn't make good camo :D Also I've found in airsoft no one looks around themselves!

FG is far superior to any camo I've seen yet in a woodland enviroment.... I've had people look straight at me not hiding behind anything and not see me in FG

You know what I spend so much time going on about camo I;m going to have a "Nick's approve and disapprove camo list" thread.. I think I'll do it tomorrow!

Nick that's a lie MC work's great too we really need to get together so i can show you how to use MC Properly...

here we go again the camo debate.

lets be serious any camo is Shite unless you have some fieldcraft knowledge to move around the AO.

Back on topic.........

I just picked up a Element Fast Jump Helmet in tan for a bargain! (pics up once it is painted!)

Picked up a SIG-X5 Open to replace my old X5 Closed which sadly exploded recently.

Pretty happy so far, it seems that in the past year KWC/Cybergun have re-designed parts of it which I didn't like/were badly designed.

Best bit is, I can recycle a few old parts (like the outer barrel) meaning I don't have to customise everything all over again. And should I need to, I can cannibalise the old X5 for spares should anything break.

My Osprey arrived this morning, it fits fine, but attaching stuff to it is basically impossible. It fastens in the middle at the front, so I can't attach anything molle to it that covers the middle section... Since I've got 3x double mag pouches and 1x double mag pouches, I have to have my mags in a 6 and 2 config with more on one side that the other and all the added bulk on both sides makes it impossible to put on and fasten properly...

Is there a sort of molle cover I could attach to the front of it or something?

Does anyone know what I mean? When I'm not so bogged down with work I'll have to post some photos as reference or something.

Im guessing i know what you mean. Like a molle admin panel with more molle instead of Velcro? :P

Would be costly but why not new single pouches?

TPI likes this

Yeah that's right, just like a big rectangle of molle weave that I can attach to the front of the rig.

I would get another set of pouches, but it wouldn't help, 'cos when there are pouches on the front, it's impossible to grip it properly to fasten it tightly enough, which is my main problem.

I need to be able to fasten it, then fasten another panel on the front over the fastenings with all my stuff on it. I want it to look something like this:

http://www.google.co...gQ9QEwAQ&dur=39

?

There is no zip bit.