M_P

Gun picture thread

4406 posts in this topic

Obviously Supplied by me and my uber awesomeness

meet my latest Mistress

True that, fixed the right hand charging handle as it was loose but its been sweet as a nut. Need some midcaps for it though.

P1020811.jpg

I figured there's probably enough rifles out there now which follow the new standard and I'm also really not a fan of Grip-Pods, so I thought I'd keep to the legacy colour for plastic furniture on L85s. I find the RVG works brilliantly on there I have to say.

P1020815.jpg

P1020824.jpg

My rather small yet expensive collection.

Custom Chinese Mossberg 500, steel charging arms and RS stock

TM PSG-1 with systema internals

2 x KJW M9 (Nothing special...)

TM P90, runs like a dream from stock with an 11.1v LiPo

post-1160-1327698646_thumb.jpg

looks good mate. thinking about the L85 for myself. might just have to steal yours instead haha :P:D

From my cold dead hands!

Honestly, I'll probably have some kind of coronary episode if I try and run around too much with that thing come summer time.

Great looking rifle as ever CK, whats on the sling though?

Thanks. If you're referring to the white writing, that's just the NSN for that sling. It's an issue item, but I've no idea who it was ever issued to, I've only ever seen the normal green ones used (both in work and from pictures online).

damn chris you're good at gun photography

@Remsoft: mmm... PSG-1, did you sort out the problem with it?

Yes, was the motor height. Moral: Never overlook the tiny screws...

Oh yeah, first picture upload and it's my finished L85! =D

post-1901-1327769236_thumb.jpg

damn chris you're good at gun photography

Heh, well I'm alright now, you should see some of my early efforts. It's taken me around 1000 pictures worth of practice to get to where I am, and that's just of weapons, doesn't include gear, loadouts or anything else non-airsoft. I'm also quite lucky in terms of having access to a decent, fairly modern camera.

The basic keys to good photos are getting outside, finding a nice, uncluttered natural background and time it so you've got good clean sunlight. Even with a phone camera you can get decent snaps if you follow those simple rules, the problem people have is they too often use the light from average house-hold lightbulbs, combine that with flash and a phone camera and it's hard to make the end result look good.

As I always say, even a cheap, battered gun can look amazing with the right photography. It's easy to make a £2000 rifle look cack in a bad photo though.

Oh yeah, first picture upload and it's my finished L85! =D

Nice work, impressive for a first effort, keep it up.

sorry if this has been asked but where did you get your l85 chris

Can't remember if I'm entirely honest, I purchased that on a pre-order back in '08 when the ICS very first came out. I think fire-support have some stock in, they're my favourite retailer for RIFs in the UK.

Oops, double post I'm afraid, ah well! PTS ACR:

P1020879.jpg

Option 1:

P1020897-1.jpg

P1020900.jpg

Option 2:

P1020912.jpg

P1020906-1.jpg

When I had a random fit of thinking I was some kind of pro photographer:

P1020880.jpg

P1020913.jpg

P1020883.jpg

that paint job looks awesome on the Masada mate! Great job! :)

Well, it was Foliage Green, and I like mint choc-chip ice cream but not on guns.

Heh, unfortunately I played at the mall today, ran the RIS in the morning then swapped for the plastic in the afternoon and I've discovered that the rail is 90% pointless weight, ah well! I mainly put it together so I'd have the full set to photograph anyway, so no great loss.

Women are never happy :P just need to find an el'cheapo torch from town tomorrow and it's finished, until she decides she wants anything else adding/changing :rolleyes:

fd0d7e01.jpg

90940244.jpg

real_thesman likes this

What you trying to say? :P Also a virtual cookie to anyone who can spot the slight problem with the gun

Or is it the yellow cable tie around the trigger guard? MAW?

It's one clip short because of the random screw in the top ris ;) And yup the crack, stepped backwards onto it a while back, damn plastic bodies, still holds together though :) definately proud of the spray job, took a while to dust the OD with just enough tan so that it looks like FG :P

Nah the cable tie is there to prove she's actually used it :rolleyes: and yup from maw, managed to get to the second half of the game last weekend

I actually like that, I'm not usually a fan of M4's with carry handles.

It's also missing the blank selector plate? Still, it's not really noticeable :)

P1020897-1.jpg

I just noticed the "HEY CK FACE" haha, was that meant to be like a photo easter egg or something? Lol.

The fixed carry handle is there because it's the only plastic body I had, plus she prefers iron sights, the worst thing for me is, she chose everything on it, and it all works together and I quite like it <_<