ProPain87

Looking for a belt

13 posts in this topic

After some help finding a belt.

 

i want to be able to put on a pistol holster, dump pouch and maybe a utility pouch.

i was originally looking at the condor Mille belt but I wear my belts around my hips (under my gut lol) so think it might slip or be uncomfortable. 

 

So I'm after a thinner molle belt to put my bits on, it's going over the top of overalls not through trousers.

 

ive found this one 

https://dzctactical.com/products/cobra-belt-black

but would prefer something with two strips of molle so the pouches don't move around too much. 

 

Other requirements, big and black lol 42-44" and not too pricey, around £40

 

Any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try condor battle belt gen II. It's a little bigger than you were looking at, but to be honest, if you want 2 rows of MOLLE, you're going to need the space above and below that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use one of these; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272081281609 

 

I have a WAS universal pistol holster, dump pouch, triple M4 mag, double pistol mag holster and a utility pouch, and still have half a belt left over!

 

Plus I added a molle yoke to have a bit more space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair if this is going to be carrying decent weight and equipment I would go with the best belt you can afford. I used a cheap riggers for ages which was not ideal, pouches flapped around and slid all over the place. Currently using a decent molle belt with a yoke and have everything placed where it needs to be and more than happy with it.

ProPain87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-modular-molle-padded-belt-53017-4669-p.asp

 

Blows Condor out of the water for quality.  You'd have to research what their large sizing actually means though.

 

This is exactly like what I'm after, although I'm not sure if the molle bit is big enough, from what I can work out the belt will fit easily but the molle will only be 35" so that'll leave around 10" in the middle with no molle. Just don't want it to look stupid and have to reach round too far the grab my pistol. 

 

The hsgi one looks perfect, a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I'd rather get one I'll be happy with than have to buy it anyway in a few months time

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Try condor battle belt gen II. It's a little bigger than you were looking at, but to be honest, if you want 2 rows of MOLLE, you're going to need the space above and below that.

 

Condor battle belt still needs an actual belt through it to work.

 

I have one and it's OK. But to be honest I don't use it much these days. I just have the pistol holster and dump pouch attached direct to a duty belt. Unless you're supplementing the carry capacity of your chest rig/vest with it or are planning on just running a belt rig then it's overkill really.

 

If I was buying again I'd be looking at a WAS Gunfighter Belt https://www.uktactical.com/p-11533-gunfighter-belt-coyote-tan.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ProPain87 said:

 

This is exactly like what I'm after, although I'm not sure if the molle bit is big enough, from what I can work out the belt will fit easily but the molle will only be 35" so that'll leave around 10" in the middle with no molle. Just don't want it to look stupid and have to reach round too far the grab my pistol. 

 

The hsgi one looks perfect, a bit more than what I wanted to spend but I'd rather get one I'll be happy with than have to buy it anyway in a few months time

 

 

 

Without wishing to be indelicate, how big is your waist? Either way, the MOLLE will come past your hips and that is fine for mounting your pistol. Failing that, as I posted above, if you're only looking at mounting a holster and a dump pouch, just mount them straight onto a duty belt. https://www.uktactical.com/p-9488-warrior-tactical-duty-belt-tan.aspx

ProPain87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lozart said:

 

Condor battle belt still needs an actual belt through it to work.

 

I have one and it's OK. But to be honest I don't use it much these days. I just have the pistol holster and dump pouch attached direct to a duty belt. Unless you're supplementing the carry capacity of your chest rig/vest with it or are planning on just running a belt rig then it's overkill really.

 

If I was buying again I'd be looking at a WAS Gunfighter Belt https://www.uktactical.com/p-11533-gunfighter-belt-coyote-tan.aspx

 

Yes I forgot to mention that (I just used a belt I already had which was fine. Of course, as far as airsoft is concerned (and actual PMC/High-Risk CP to en extent too), WAS is going to keep you happy for a very long time (but with a relatively high price tag for airsoft).

 

I used the condor battle belt in conjunction with a plate carrier vest, I found it sat almost perfectly just above my waist, but comfortably below the vest to the point it was essentially just an ergonomic molle extension downwards. I did load it up a bit though, because I used it for dump pouch, 4 pistol mags, utility pouch, med kit and pistol holster. On my vest I had 8 midcaps, 2 flashbangs and a utility/map pouch. So yeah, that was while I was pretty loaded to the nines, just short of milsim standard. (I always had the problem of my vest sagging forward with all the weight to the front and nothing to the back. don't know what solutions you might have to that. I never got round to setting up a hydration bladder for shifting the CG a couple of kilos back.

ProPain87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like a few others mentioned, for the extra cost HSGI and WAS are defiantely worth it.  a decent rigger or duty belt can be had within your budget that would hold the load you are talking about without sagging for some time.  for the extra cost a decent battle belt with Molle will give you plenty of room to expand and be more comfortable.

 

for a duty belt/rigger belt or a battle belt i would look at the following brands in no particualr order - HSGI, Warrior Assault Systems, Blackhawk, London Bridge tactical, intelligent armour

 

for an example i went with the warrior assault systems enhanced PLB £60, it has 18 coloumns of molle 3 deep, I have expanded my kit on this and now use all the molle with my dump pouch to the rear along with a utility pouch for speed loader and bfg reloads.  the belt is very comfortable carrying around 5-6 kg of kit on top of the pouches, doesnt move when running but i can lift it off my hips and spin it round to get to the back when i need to for reloading mostly.  i havent seen the need for suspnders or to connect it to my plate carrier as the weight is well supported.  the only thing i would advise when looking is to decide if you want a drop leg holster,  the belt below that i use can only attach a drop leg via the molle straps.IMG_20170901_100438713.thumb.jpg.685456aae5718f62ee4c22cf921715db.jpgIMG_20170901_100325235.thumb.jpg.c6e91566dd4c39052ffbcde1b3e2d825.jpg

ProPain87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

 

Without wishing to be indelicate, how big is your waist? Either way, the MOLLE will come past your hips and that is fine for mounting your pistol. Failing that, as I posted above, if you're only looking at mounting a holster and a dump pouch, just mount them straight onto a duty belt. https://www.uktactical.com/p-9488-warrior-tactical-duty-belt-tan.aspx

 

Be as indelicate as you like I'm not shy in admitting I'm a fat b*stard :D 

 

where i wear my trousers and where I want to wear the belt is 44" and my gut (measured to around my belly) 49" :o 

 

i dont really want a harness as I run a chest rig for my m4 mags and plan on using the belt for everything else

 

im going to use some Velcro on my overalls and belt to stop it moving around if I have problems with that. 

 

I like the WAS stuff but can't find any in black so I think I'm going to go with the hsgi 

Lozart likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProPain87 said:

 

Be as indelicate as you like I'm not shy in admitting I'm a fat b*stard :D 

 

where i wear my trousers and where I want to wear the belt is 44" and my gut (measured to around my belly) 49" :o 

 

i dont really want a harness as I run a chest rig for my m4 mags and plan on using the belt for everything else

 

im going to use some Velcro on my overalls and belt to stop it moving around if I have problems with that. 

 

I like the WAS stuff but can't find any in black so I think I'm going to go with the hsgi 

 

As a formerly fat knacker (18.5st and a 42" waist) I feel your pain!

 

The issue you'll have is that putting a wide belt around your waist, it's likely to get pushed down by your belly or at the very least be uncomfortable. You may also find that loading it up too much means it's likely to start falling down if you don't hold it up with a low profile yoke under your vest/chest rig. If you can go with just a duty belt then it's more likely to stay put!

If you go with the molle belt option, be aware of the shape of it. The Condor and WAS options are both contoured to sit above your hips (where your waist is supposed to be - allegedly) which can make the fit awkward for us more...husky types!

If you go with the HSGI, get the slim version and remember that you'll still need a belt to run through it.

Albiscuit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now