AirsoftBuddy - find airsofters around you

Samurai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you want site data I can provide you with our private api. It contains all the sites and their fields and stores. We have this similar project in build at the moment but are happy to let someone else do it. :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I tried to change my password from the forgotten pw link an the form kept stating that the two values were different. This worked today on the normal change password page but not sure if they're different - worth a check.

Same problem.

Looks like the password composition criteria has been changed overnight as an improvement or something - couldnt use old password ?

Tried changing password on one platform under the forgotten password route and it asked me for my old password before I could move on.

Just tried it again on another platform and its fine and was able to change password.

People actually still use that?

Even Microsoft technically abandoned ie

No, IE 11 is still supported by Microsoft. They built edge browser based on the concepts google used in chrome..

• Supporters

Same problem.

Looks like the password composition criteria has been changed overnight as an improvement or something - couldnt use old password ?

Tried changing password on one platform under the forgotten password route and it asked me for my old password before I could move on.

Just tried it again on another platform and its fine and was able to change password.

I added some special characters to the ones that can be used in the passwords and maybe different browsers implement the validation check differently. What are the 2 browsers/OS-es you tried?

I added some special characters to the ones that can be used in the passwords and maybe different browsers implement the validation check differently. What are the 2 browsers/OS-es you tried?

Are you using HTML5 validation, Javascript or Post Request Validation? Because I dont see how browsers would impact that. HTML5 Validation work the same across all browsers.

If he used Tor then Javascript would be disabled so it wouldn't load js validation. If thats the case he will have a hard time loading your googlemaps embedded frame. :D

• Supporters

I'm having problems when you click on someone just has loading symbol and does nothing and defo having site locations would be a sweet

I had that only in UC browser on Android. I couldn't yet figure out the reason. What browser is yours?

I was hoping to see a pointer in the states... I am disappointed

UK only, sorry. :P

Are you using HTML5 validation, Javascript or Post Request Validation? Because I dont see how browsers would impact that. HTML5 Validation work the same across all browsers.

If he used Tor then Javascript would be disabled so it wouldn't load js validation. If thats the case he will have a hard time loading your googlemaps embedded frame. :D

HTML5, that's why this puzzles me.

HTML5, that's why this puzzles me.

I looked at the html, it looks fine to me. You might want to add a info box telling people they need "Minimum 8, maximum 20 characters, a number is needed" the regexpress pattern looks fine, plus the label for="passwordConfimation" is wrong but that shouldnt effect the HTML5 validation.

No, IE 11 is still supported by Microsoft. They built edge browser based on the concepts google used in chrome..

Shame it's still a pile of poo. Yay MSFT.

Eh, no. HTML5 Validation should work the same across all supported browsers, but it has a tendency to throw discrepancies between Safari vs Chrome vs FF vs Opera, some regex doesn't work consistently in Opera for inexplicable reasons, some of the validation certain sub attributes hasn't worked since FF 47, Chrome just make things up as they go along. Safari have tonnes of stuff enabled that won't even make it to spec for at least 2Q's etc etc.

Eh, no. HTML5 Validation should work the same across all supported browsers, but it has a tendency to throw discrepancies between Safari vs Chrome vs FF vs Opera, some regex doesn't work consistently in Opera for inexplicable reasons, some of the validation certain sub attributes hasn't worked since FF 47, Chrome just make things up as they go along. Safari have tonnes of stuff enabled that won't even make it to spec for at least 2Q's etc etc.

Your correct but I did not want to go into to much detail since CORE-26329 was fixed but is not in stable, but in general its supported by all most modern browsers.

Firefox on MS7 and Safari on iOS

Stop using IE then?!

Chrome and Firefox aren't available.

• Root Admin

It's a real nightmare to make sure stuff plays ball with anything below IE8-9 (even 10 has its quirks). The fact of the matter is that there are a very, very small amount of legitimate users who use such old browsers and on a project like this it's not worth the effort in most cases. Making a webpage truly backwards compatible with IE is a very significant undertaking - many issues can be fixed with separate rules, but most can't without breaking the overall appearance.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_browsersupport.asp

Chrome and Firefox aren't available.

Stop using XP/Vista then. Both have reached mainstream end of life years ago, which means no updates whatsoever outside of critical security fixes. Which means that for 99% of the modern web, you may as well bend over, pull your trousers down and open wide, as you're going to be fucked over.

Stop using XP/Vista then. Both have reached mainstream end of life years ago, which means no updates whatsoever outside of critical security fixes. Which means that for 99% of the modern web, you may as well bend over, pull your trousers down and open wide, as you're going to be f*cked over.

Lmao I'm not using vista lol please -_- I'm not an idiot.

I'm on Windows ME.

In other news, I think it's interesting how 9/10 people on AirsoftBuddy are those willing to give lifts, rather than those looking for them. Says a lot about the community I think.

im using a work computer which to be honest is not brilliant running windows enterprise and opening with explorer

but I tried on my phone with a android and it worked fine

In other news, I think it's interesting how 9/10 people on AirsoftBuddy are those willing to give lifts, rather than those looking for them. Says a lot about the community I think.

That we're nice people, or that airsofters got money and cars?

I got bored of having to beg lifts off people, and got my own car :P

Probably a mix of both

Shame that whenever I click on a user, hardly anyone seems to have filled anything out on the profile.

I suggest a 30 character minimum on the public info when you sign up. I'm happy to give lifts to people who need them, but I don't really want to let someone into my car who couldn't even be bothered to write one sentence on a form. It just gives off an "I don't care, give me ride" attitude.

Archived