YouTube review channels 2024

ibo7

Can people recommend the best YouTube reviewers that are active recently?

I'm aware of quite a few like AirsoftMike, Pheas, Redwolf, Patrol base etc but just wondering if people can recommend others that I may not be aware of that are worth watching?

3 hours ago, woody_2231 said:

explosive enterprises, badabing pictures, jaegerprecision, middle age gamer.

Some of the youtubers you listed aren't actual reviewers, they do paid promotions which can mislead people into buying garbage.

Yup, those are the main content makers that I subscribe to

Sadly, I think Airsoft Mike had some sort of mental health issue and had stopped for a while, but was certainly a promoter, rather than a reviewer 

Pheas, as nice a chap as he is seems to be concentrating on some lower end models, nothing wrong with that in the slightest

And I do enjoy a 4uad smart Airsoft video, even if (not that) deep down they are all up GHK’s Bahookie 

4 hours ago, woody_2231 said:

Some of the youtubers you listed aren't actual reviewers, they do paid promotions which can mislead people into buying garbage.

To add to this I wouldn't put much faith in reviews from shops. They're not going to tell you if it's shit when they want you to buy one.

1 hour ago, ButcherBill said:

Airsoft Mike posted a video recently saying he was on his way back.

Good to hear

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

To add to this I wouldn't put much faith in reviews from shops. They're not going to tell you if it's shit when they want you to buy one.

Good to hear

I never take any review is completely honest, unfortunately it's just the way reviews usually work u less they're totally independent and actually paid for the item themselves.

I watch plenty of other gun channels but haven't yet found many airsoft ones I really liked

Nearly all of them are garbage because they're paid shills. I'm afraid to say it loud but reddit has a lot more useful information regarding guns than YT.

Edited by Krisz

29 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Nearly all of them are garbage because they're paid shills. I'm afraid to say it loud but reddit has a lot more useful information regarding guns than YT.

What Reddit you on most of the airsoft reddits the majority of posters couldn't find their arse with both hands.

I find the Pheas airsoft videos probably the most useful and genuine -his disassembly videos are some of the best out there. But ultimately all you tube content has to be viewed with suspicion - they are helpful for understanding features, internals etc etc regardless though.

10 hours ago, BigStew said:

What Reddit you on most of the airsoft reddits the majority of posters couldn't find their arse with both hands.

"What Y'all Think Of My New M4", "Where Do Y'All Play In Tallahassee", basically loads of inane post with "Y'all" somewhere in the subject ;) 

r/airsoft takes a lot of browsing to find any nuggets of gold, and I always tell any UK players to come here instead 🤣

Back to this threads subject though there's no single answer to this, you just need to follow and watch a few until you get a feel for them and how they operate. If you watch the above recommendations, and maybe thrown in Airsoft Camman (who does get a lot of freebies), YouTube will see what you're watching and make reccomendations.

Pheas is the one I like the most out of the bunch you mentioned simply because he actually cracks open the guns he reviews so I can check the internals out beforehand.. Not that it matters anymore as every new gun I buy gets dissected immediately after leaving the box, but it's something EVERYONE should do.

We all know where the fire selector on an M4 is. or where BBs go in a high cap. Those "reviews" are a waste of time for both the person doing it and the people who watch them.

About reddit:

I've read some interesting points of view, but also read through a ton of bullshit and plainly wrong information, it takes half a working brain to tell which one is which tbf.

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

"What Y'all Think Of My New M4", "Where Do Y'All Play In Tallahassee", basically loads of inane post with "Y'all" somewhere in the subject ;) 

r/airsoft takes a lot of browsing to find any nuggets of gold, and I always tell any UK players to come here instead 🤣

Back to this threads subject though there's no single answer to this, you just need to follow and watch a few until you get a feel for them and how they operate. If you watch the above recommendations, and maybe thrown in Airsoft Camman (who does get a lot of freebies), YouTube will see what you're watching and make reccomendations.

That's part of all Airsoft I am talking about the posts I have no initiative or deductive reasoning so not prepared to spend 5 mins to figure it out and couldn't even figure out how to do a Google search for the answer so spoon feed me how to undo a hex head screw. 

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Your average redditor is brain dead as f*ck but at the same time reddit can be a gold mine of information if you don't give up digging. 🤓

1 hour ago, lokkers said:

If you like GBBs then HTIS Airsoft does some good overviews of his collection.

I did see one or two really good channels but it seemed to be mainly GBB's and I'm looking at AEG's

Edited by ibo7

11 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

r/airsoft takes a lot of browsing to find any nuggets of gold, and I always tell any UK players to come here instead

Same. The Airsoft_UK subreddit terrible in terms of it's moderation too. 2nd hand sales threads tend to get locked or deleted and then redirected to a dead UK Airsoft Sales subreddit.

Airsoftcirclejerk tends to have couple of funny posts.

Edited by MrTea