Scammers

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JinxDuh said:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/profile/44449-robinson/

Seems based on his feedback he's known already, but:

Him saying "Zip for freight" was a major red flag. At least his price was fair 😂

image.thumb.png.c907b78502f9305b3eefc4a9e247fd61.png

Image he sent me is from: https://centerfiresystems.com/surplus-wood-ak-handguard-upperlower-polish/

Thanks, I've kicked him, I thought you had the ability to "whack-a-mole" the spammers & scammers ?

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

I don’t believe so 🤔

My bad, apologies

1 hour ago, ButcherBill said:

Admin, this add just doesn't feel right.

My apologies to the seller if I'm mistaken.

I wouldn't have given the benefit of the doubt had I not seen they'd since posted this as well.

Without a note to verify the seller's identity, it's still suspect.

1 minute ago, Galvatron said:

Just something not quite right, reads like someone simply doesn't know anything about airsoft... might explain the two tone of course.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ButcherBill said:

Admin, this add just doesn't feel right.

My apologies to the seller if I'm mistaken.

19 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

I wouldn't have given the benefit of the doubt had I not seen they'd since posted this as well.

16 minutes ago, ButcherBill said:

Just something not quite right, reads like someone simply doesn't know anything about airsoft... might explain the two tone of course.

I thought the same thing, the user name sounds like a "mum" kinda name, was half expecting an accompanying sob story as to why she's selling her sons/hubby's kit, but instead there's nothing ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.2bc4592b8939f2c71bf559bea3281348.png

Scammer sold a glock package to myself and another user at the same time (luckily we both used G&S) I.M.I kept saying to both of us he would post over the course of a week. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Isawatree said:

image.thumb.png.2bc4592b8939f2c71bf559bea3281348.png

Scammer sold a glock package to myself and another user at the same time (luckily we both used G&S) I.M.I kept saying to both of us he would post over the course of a week. 

That was Sunday,  appreciate you've given him negative feedback, but that doesn't give us a heads up, needed to be reported (or posted here), between Sunday & now @I.M.I. may have targeted others ?

PS. Having had a closer look at I.m.I. , I found another user registered 8 hours ago from the same ip address, username ian75, needless to say both are now banned, but we can only spot this stuff if you guys give us a heads up as soon as you're even mildly suspicious. 

Another possible scammer he’s replied to my wanted ad and asked for PayPal family and friends, I said I would pay the PayPal fees and pay by goods and services. He’s refused to accept payment by goods & services even though I said I would pay fees and he’s  said he will only accept payment by f&f

IMG_0373.png

Edited by Allen428

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Allen428 said:

Another possible scammer he’s replied to my wanted ad and asked for PayPal family and friends, I said I would pay the PayPal fees and pay by goods and services. He’s refused to accept payment by goods & services even though I said I would pay fees and he’s  said he will only accept payment by f&f

IMG_0373.png

Kinda says it all really, thanks for the heads up.

Thing is, it's not like he hasn't got paypal, he has but his outright refusal to accept goods & services even if you cover the fees tells us that he's either:

A. a shithole scammer

Or

B. what he's selling is crap/faulty, & he's trying to screw you over.

Either way, he's not a valid member of the airsoft community,  so he can do one.

@Robben bye 👋.......🖕

Edit: lol, just checked out his ip, it was only Lagos/Nigeria,  who'd have guessed that.

Should have changed his username to Robben B'stard 🤣

Edited by Tackle
Add info

33 minutes ago, zombie86 said:

This guy should be avoided at all cost, will send you the money, then when they got my rifle, they complained (lied) to paypal and got a charge back and kept the item, can provide his details if others need...

Screenshot_20241009_152533_Chrome.jpg

Definitely ban-worthy

1 hour ago, zombie86 said:

This guy should be avoided at all cost, will send you the money, then when they got my rifle, they complained (lied) to paypal and got a charge back and kept the item, can provide his details if others need...

I assume you have his address.

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

How can that help? (legally🤔)

Small claim court?

Small Claims Court (including the mediation service they provide).
Solicitor's letter.
Report him for theft.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, zombie86 said:

While I really do sympathise, members do have to put in the effort if a deal goes sour, we cant just ban a member because a paypal dispute didnt go your way.

BYT

in your case, bearing in mind that I don't have the full facts, you should be disputing the outcome with PayPal, not necessarily because they sided with him, but because he hasn't returned your goods, that should be a given in their mediation process.

If your attempts at this have failed so far, maybe because some very polite people from the Philippines have politely made promises to look in to it (& then done nothing), you need to push to speak to a UK based agent who will hopefully have a better grasp of what's gone on & the unfair outcome.

I'm speaking from experience, getting the right agent can turn things around.

Again, without knowing the finer details, you could contact the online fraud dept of the police, you have his name & address, & I would hope you have some proof that the lies you alleged he told to paypal to support his claim are just that, blatant lies.

This would also then give you some credibility when approaching paypal.

Good luck, just don't give up.

11 hours ago, Tackle said:

While I really do sympathise, members do have to put in the effort if a deal goes sour, we cant just ban a member because a paypal dispute didnt go your way.

BYT

in your case, bearing in mind that I don't have the full facts, you should be disputing the outcome with PayPal, not necessarily because they sided with him, but because he hasn't returned your goods, that should be a given in their mediation process.

If your attempts at this have failed so far, maybe because some very polite people from the Philippines have politely made promises to look in to it (& then done nothing), you need to push to speak to a UK based agent who will hopefully have a better grasp of what's gone on & the unfair outcome.

I'm speaking from experience, getting the right agent can turn things around.

Again, without knowing the finer details, you could contact the online fraud dept of the police, you have his name & address, & I would hope you have some proof that the lies you alleged he told to paypal to support his claim are just that, blatant lies.

This would also then give you some credibility when approaching paypal.

Good luck, just don't give up.

The whole thing was farcical, am not looking to ban the account, just wanted to make people aware, it looks like they have moved onto a new account now as that one hasnt been used for 2 weeks, if anyone asks you to sent your stuff to LE16 7LE, DONT!!

Edited by zombie86