Hey I'm wanting to go for these options for an upgrade.

Yashy

I have an Specna Arms 2.0 SA-h22 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h22-edge-2-0-tm-carbine-aeg

Currently using the m90 spring as I went to a cqb place and i am now looking for slightly more fps, more accuracy and range.

Would this be a beneficial upgrade from the stock gun? 

M100 spring for desired fps (already got a m100 i think)

ZCI stainless steel barrel

4UANTUM FRICTION PRO bucking and nub set

12 minutes ago, Yashy said:

I have an Specna Arms 2.0 SA-h22 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h22-edge-2-0-tm-carbine-aeg

Currently using the m90 spring as I went to a cqb place and i am now looking for slightly more fps, more accuracy and range.

Would this be a beneficial upgrade from the stock gun? 

M100 spring for desired fps (already got a m100 i think)

ZCI stainless steel barrel

4UANTUM FRICTION PRO bucking and nub set

I would ditch the ZCI barrel and go for an XT one from @ak2m4; they are much better quality.

I don't know much about the Friction Pro, so I am not sure how it compares with the Maple Leaf range.

34 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I would ditch the ZCI barrel and go for an XT one from @ak2m4; they are much better quality.

I don't know much about the Friction Pro, so I am not sure how it compares with the Maple Leaf range.

sorry could you link the one @ak2m4 says i cannot seem to see his messages.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Okay. as you can see from my gun and the upgrades (im new to upgrading) will this barrel give me a good upgrade from my current barrel? and what mm should I use? (i have an airsoft tech that lives near me so she will assemble it for me)

Also what would be the best nub and bucking set from the maple leaf range?

Edited by Yashy

• Supporters

if your goal is to play cqb then frankly any modifications tailored towards range are usually irrelevant.

that means fps and for the most part hop/ammo upgrades won't really net you anything that's really useful.

unless you're shooting comically low you're probably going to get more out of more games with more experience than from spending money on parts that won't help you.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if your goal is to play cqb then frankly any modifications tailored towards range are usually irrelevant.

that means fps and for the most part hop/ammo upgrades won't really net you anything that's really useful.

unless you're shooting comically low you're probably going to get more out of more games with more experience than from spending money on parts that won't help you.

I usually play outdoor + indoor together, hence the wanting to upgrade.

19 minutes ago, Yashy said:

Okay. as you can see from my gun and the upgrades (im new to upgrading) will this barrel give me a good upgrade from my current barrel? and what mm should I use? (i have an airsoft tech that lives near me so she will assemble it for me)

Also what would be the best nub and bucking set from the maple leaf range?

Either of the barrels would be an upgrade; the 6.02 is probably the best option.

The yellow Macaron or MR Hop with AK2M4's red nub would be good options: https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs

How "low" energy are your BBs firing that you think chasing the site limit will make you shoot better?

Is your chrono test different from the last time you asked about "more fps" without being able to qualify how it would benefit you?

Energy/FPS limits are just that, not a target. Like Adolf Hamster said, unless you're comically low, skill and experience will do you more good than getting a hard-on for more FPS and doing arbitrary "upgrades" in that pursuit. It's actually beneficial to have a little buffer below the site limit because you may chase that limit only to find you have 2 out of 5 shots (for argument's sake) going above it during chrono testing, in which case a decent marshal will either not allow you to play at all with that gun or ask you to modify it to shoot lower an retest it.

The Maple Leaf bucking is a good choice. I did have to trim it to fit my pew as it would have otherwise prevented BBs feeding from mid-cap magazines in my case. I use the 6.02mm XT barrel myself and the accuracy past 30m is much better now.

If you're playing a mixture of cqb and outdoors then I'd leave the spring alone as higher fps doesn't automatically equal more range.

I'd change the hop rubber for a Maple Leaf macroon and, if you're not already, use heavier ammo.

3 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Energy/FPS limits are just that, not a target

100% this. Getting as close as possible to the site limits puts you at risk of being over on the site chrono

• Supporters

Another vote for XT barrels (6.02mm by default) and Maple Leaf hop rubbers and nubs (60 degree, yellow).  Outdoors, I run 0.28g, or 0.32g, depending on what's in the bag.

Replacing the barrel, bucking and nub on an M4 is a quick, simple job, I'd never pay anyone to do it. For one thing, if they put it in wrong (it's possible to get them slightly skewed), you'll have to re-do it yourself anyway.  YouTube is replete with how-to guides.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Replacing the barrel, bucking and nub on an M4 is a quick, simple job, I'd never pay anyone to do it.

Same here. It's probably the easiest upgrade out there, even I can do it

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

That SA AEG uses a 363mm inner barrel which I don't have any left in stock, maybe a few arriving on Monday.  Factory is currently working on the 6.03mm samples right now so they're kinda pushed.

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Same here. It's probably the easiest upgrade out there, even I can do it

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Another vote for XT barrels (6.02mm by default) and Maple Leaf hop rubbers and nubs (60 degree, yellow).  Outdoors, I run 0.28g, or 0.32g, depending on what's in the bag.

Replacing the barrel, bucking and nub on an M4 is a quick, simple job, I'd never pay anyone to do it. For one thing, if they put it in wrong (it's possible to get them slightly skewed), you'll have to re-do it yourself anyway.  YouTube is replete with how-to guides.

Alright. I do have adhd so I like to make sure I know I'm buying the right thing. (SORRY FOR THE ANNOYANCE)

So I will be going for the XT barrels after looking around for other peoples experiences. -

I understand from @ak2m4I'll need a 363mm inner barrel, however I'll be waiting on that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the nub, one of my online friends have said that this one i'm going to choose https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-mr-60-nub may not fit the XT barrel? So anyone got a specific link to a one that will fit the barrel?

So I was just wondering if this (new link to a buck + nub) would fit? https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/maple-leaf-macaron-60-nub

Edited by Yashy

@Yashy you need to make sure it is a 363mm defaintely that you need.  I can't tell you this for sure, I'm only going on the link you provided above.  So before you order it's work taking the inner barrel out and just measuring it to be sure.  You have to take it apart anyway so worth doing now. 

5 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

@Yashy you need to make sure it is a 363mm defaintely that you need.  I can't tell you this for sure, I'm only going on the link you provided above.  So before you order it's work taking the inner barrel out and just measuring it to be sure.  You have to take it apart anyway so worth doing now. 

Alright, Just was wondering about the correct buck + nub that would fit the XT barrel? Would https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/maple-leaf-macaron-60-nub this have any fitting problems?

• Supporters

Is the MR a batter match with the XT barrels?

I ask because had good results with both on a variety of barrels, and would I'd happily recommend either - I'm just wondering why one would be preferred over the other.

Go in this order:

pick hop rubber

pick barrel

fix possible air leaks

pick spring.

You'll be amazed at how many FPS you can squeeze out of a M90 spring when your compression set is air tight :D

Hop rubber wise, first choose a bb weight you're comfortable with, it could be anything from 0.25g to 0.32.. I personally use 0.32s for everything except my Well minigun (0.25s, it's a rather expensive gun to run), regardless of the situation/field. Then pick something that will actually lift the desired weight. I personally use Maple Leaf Super Macarons in 70° hardness, 60s do work well too, 50s are too soft and cause issues. MRs can work too although I had issues with them.

Next, don't pick an ultra tight barrel (6.02 is borderline too tight imo) otherwise you'll be at higher risk of jams and mayhem inside the gearbox. In my experience 6.05 is the best diametre.

Sort any air leak and replace components accordingly (most likely the nozzle, buy one with o-rings, keep it polymer though).

At this point you can change the spring to match the desired power output.

Edited by Skara

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Is the MR a batter match with the XT barrels?

I ask because had good results with both on a variety of barrels, and would I'd happily recommend either - I'm just wondering why one would be preferred over the other.

I mention MR since I do all my testing on them and the hop window on the XT inner barrel is enlarged for the larger patch of the MR.  It really doesn't matter too much, both will work.